in Surrey of England, United Kingdom
- London Gatwick Airport (8 mi)
- Redhill Aerodrome (11 mi)
- Fairoaks Airport (16 mi)
- Farnborough Airport (20 mi)
- London Biggin Hill Airport (21 mi)
- Shoreham Airport (22 mi)
- London Heathrow Airport (23 mi)
- RAF Northolt (28 mi)
- London City Airport (31 mi)
- London Luton Airport (50 mi)
- London Stansted Airport (57 mi)
- Stonehenge, Avebury and Associated Sites (Unesco heritage, 8 mi)
- Tower of London (Unesco heritage, 31 mi)
- Palace of Westminster and Westminster Abbey including Saint Margaret’s Church (Unesco heritage, 32 mi)
- Royal Botanic Gardens, Kew (Unesco heritage, 37 mi)
- Dorset and East Devon Coast (Unesco heritage, 41 mi)
- Blenheim Palace (Unesco heritage, 49 mi)
- City of Bath (Unesco heritage, 58 mi)
- Canterbury Cathedral, St Augustine's Abbey, and St Martin's Church (Unesco heritage, 63 mi)
- Le Havre, the City Rebuilt by Auguste Perret (Unesco heritage, 116 mi)
- Cranleigh Golf Club (Golf course, 5 mi)
- Cottesmore Golf and Country Club (Golf course, 8 mi)
- Addington Court Golf Club (Golf course, 9 mi)
- Croham Hurst Golf Club (Golf course, 9 mi)
- Chartham Park Golf Club (Golf course, 15 mi)
- Hampton Court Palace Golf Club (Golf course, 16 mi)
- Westhill Golf Club (Golf course, 16 mi)
- Foxhills Golf Club (Golf course, 17 mi)
- Hollingbury Park Golf Club (Golf course, 23 mi)
- Brent Valley Golf Course (Golf course, 25 mi)
- Legoland Windsor (amusement park, (25 mi)
- Sussex Yacht Club (marina, (22 mi)
- Brighton Marina (marina, (26 mi)
- Penton Hook Marina (marina, (19 mi)
- Box Hill Hiking Area (amusement park, (8 mi)
- Decimal Coordinates (Latitude, Longitude):
- 51.147 and -0.364 (Lat./Lng.)
- Coordinates by Time:
- N 51° 8' 48" and W -0° 21' 49"
- Currency and Currency Code:
- Pound - GBP
- Spoken languages:
- English, Welsh, Scottish Gaelic
- Local electricity:
- 230 V - 50 Hz (plugs: G)
- Mobile phone / cellular frequencies (MHz):
- 900 MHz, 1800 MHz, 3G, 4G
- Local Time: 02:27 PM (Wednesday)
- Timezone: Europe/London
- UTC/GMT offset: 0 hours
- Sunrise and Sunset:
- 5:41 am and 8:32 pm
- Antipode Coordinates:
- -43.750 and 173.083 (Lat./Lng.)
- Closest place to antipode coordinates:
- Le Bons Bay
- This place on Wikipedia
- This place on Geonames.org
Safety Score: 3,0 of 5.0 based on data from 9 authorites. Meaning we advice caution when travelling to United Kingdom.
Travel warnings are updated daily. Source: Travel Warning United Kingdom. Last Update: 2022-08-10 08:12:05
Ockley in Surrey (England) with it's 595 inhabitants is located in United Kingdom about 27 mi (or 43 km) south of London, the country's capital.
Local time in Ockley is now 02:27 PM (Wednesday). The local timezone is named Europe / London with an UTC offset of one hour. We know of 11 airports in the wider vicinity of Ockley, of which 5 are larger airports. The closest airport in United Kingdom is London Gatwick Airport in a distance of 8 mi (or 12 km), East. Besides the airports, there are other travel options available (check left side).
There are several Unesco world heritage sites nearby. The closest heritage site in United Kingdom is Stonehenge, Avebury and Associated Sites in a distance of 8 mi (or 14 km), East. Also, if you like golfing, there are multiple options in driving distance. We found 5 points of interest in the vicinity of this place. If you need a place to sleep, we compiled a list of available hotels close to the map centre further down the page.
Depending on your travel schedule, you might want to pay a visit to some of the following locations: Newdigate, Mickleham, Headley, Shalford and Byfleet. To further explore this place, just scroll down and browse the available info.
Local weather forecast
Todays Local Weather Conditions & Forecast: 30°C / 86 °F
|Morning Temperature||17°C / 62 °F|
|Evening Temperature||27°C / 81 °F|
|Night Temperature||17°C / 63 °F|
|Chance of rainfall||0%|
|Air Pressure||1023 hPa|
|Wind Speed||Moderate breeze with 10 km/h (6 mph) from South-West|
|Cloud Conditions||Few clouds, covering 22% of sky|
|General Conditions||Few clouds|
Thursday, 11th of August 2022
33°C (91 °F)
21°C (69 °F)
Sky is clear, gentle breeze, clear sky.
Friday, 12th of August 2022
34°C (93 °F)
21°C (71 °F)
Sky is clear, moderate breeze, clear sky.
Saturday, 13th of August 2022
34°C (93 °F)
23°C (73 °F)
Sky is clear, gentle breeze, clear sky.
Hotels and Places to Stay
De Vere Wotton Estate PH Hotels
Ghyll Manor Country
Mercure Dorking White Horse Hotel
TRAVELODGE HORSHAM CENTRAL
Videos from this area
These are videos related to the place based on their proximity to this place.
Early Learning Centre - Carry-Along City
Open up the neat case to discover a fantastic city to whizz cars around. With easy, slot-together ramps and lots of roads for driving adventures.
Travel Blue Messenger Bag 3303
For more bags & accessories visit us at http://www.travel-blue.com Features: * 2 main zipped pockets. * Adjustable wide shoulder strap. * Double-zipped back sleeve (for securing the bag...
Genus ep. 6; Road block
The village comes to a standstill as a road block appears... Dedicated to RoadBikeMum :) Please comment, rate, favour and share Thank you very much for watching facebook: http://www.facebo...
4 year old genius
My 4 year old globe trotter. A short video to show what she can do. Im gonna do a longer one coz she can do ANY country you ask her!!!
2 hours away from city. windy and cold that day. theres something spooky about these boulders.
The Deepdene Walk- from Dorking via Leith Hill in HD 15 April 2014
I know I have already uploaded videos of this walk, but this one is in full HD. Also, the weather was fantastic. The Deepdene walk is a 13 mile circular walk from Dorking station via Leith...
Videos provided by Youtube are under the copyright of their owners.
Attractions and noteworthy things
Distances are based on the centre of the city/town and sightseeing location. This list contains brief abstracts about monuments, holiday activities, national parcs, museums, organisations and more from the area as well as interesting facts about the region itself. Where available, you'll find the corresponding homepage. Otherwise the related wikipedia article.
Stane Street (Chichester)
Stane Street is the modern name given to an important 90 km long Roman road in England that linked London to the Roman town of Noviomagus Reginorum, or Regnentium, later renamed Chichester by the Saxons. The exact date of construction is uncertain, however on the basis of archaeological artefacts discovered along the road, it was in use by 70 AD and may have been constructed in the first decade of the Roman occupation of Britain (as early as 43-53 AD).
The Greensand Way is long distance walk of 108 miles in southeast England, from Haslemere in Surrey to Hamstreet in Kent. It follows the Greensand Ridge along the Surrey Hills and Chart Hills. The route is mostly rural, passing through woods, and alongside fruit orchards and hop farms in Kent and links with the Stour Valley Walk near Pluckley in Kent. The trail was opened on 15 June 1980.
Holmwood railway station
Holmwood railway station is a railway station serving the villages of Beare Green and South Holmwood in Surrey, England. Holmwood is the nearest station for walkers wishing to climb Leith Hill, the second highest point in southern England.
Ockley railway station
Ockley railway station serves the villages of Ockley and Capel in Surrey, England and is situated 1.4 miles from Ockley village and only half a mile west of the village of Capel. The station is 29 railway miles (47 km) south of London Victoria station. Ockley is managed by Southern which also provides all the services. It opened as Ockley & Capel on 1 May 1867 as part of the London Brighton & South Coast Railway extension to Horsham.
The Greensand Ridge is an extensive, prominent, often heavily wooded, sandstone escarpment and range of hills in south-east England. It runs in a horseshoe shape around the Weald of Surrey, Sussex and Kent. It reaches its highest elevation, 294 metres, at Leith Hill in Surrey—the second highest point in south-east England, while another hill, Blackdown, is the highest point in Sussex at 280 metres . The eastern end of the ridge forms the northern boundary of Romney Marsh.
Auclaye is a Site of Special Scientific Interest in Surrey, England.
Clock House Brickworks
Clock House Brickworks is a Site of Special Scientific Interest near Capel, Surrey, England. This site lies 600m east of the Auclaye SSSI which was also a former brickworks. Geologically, the site lies on wealden clays. It is a site for palentological and sedimentological research covering an area of 32.4 hectares. Similar strata are seen at Warnham. This is a brownfield site.
Vann Lake and Ockley Woods
Vann Lake and Ockley Woods is a Site of Special Scientific Interest to the north of Horsham, Surrey, England.
These are some bigger and more relevant cities in the wider vivinity of Ockley.