in Province of Rome of Latium, Italy
- Leonardo Da Vinci (Fiumicino) International Airport (19 mi)
- Ciampino Airport (21 mi)
- Rieti Airport (34 mi)
- Latina Airport (45 mi)
- Frosinone Military Airport (55 mi)
- Perugia / San Egidio Airport (72 mi)
- Grosseto Airport (83 mi)
- Arezzo Airport (100 mi)
- Nápoli / Capodichino International Airport (127 mi)
- Pisa / San Giusto - Galileo Galilei International Airport (151 mi)
- Bologna / Borgo Panigale Airport (180 mi)
- Vatican City (Unesco heritage, 12 mi)
- Historic Centre of Rome, the Properties of the Holy See in that City Enjoying Extraterritorial Rights and San Paolo Fuori le Mura (Unesco heritage, 13 mi)
- Etruscan Necropolises of Cerveteri and Tarquinia (Unesco heritage, 15 mi)
- Villa Adriana (Tivoli) (Unesco heritage, 21 mi)
- Villa d'Este, Tivoli (Unesco heritage, 22 mi)
- Assisi, the Basilica of San Francesco and Other Franciscan Sites (Unesco heritage, 70 mi)
- Historic Centre of the City of Pienza (Unesco heritage, 79 mi)
- Val d'Orcia (Unesco heritage, 82 mi)
- Historic Centre of Siena (Unesco heritage, 102 mi)
- Historic Centre of Urbino (Unesco heritage, 115 mi)
- Bioparco (zoo, (11 mi)
- Giardino Zoologico (zoo, (11 mi)
- Panorama dal Monte Cavo (observation point, (27 mi)
- Tuscolo (observation point, (24 mi)
- Il Fantastico Mondo del Fantastico (amusement park, (17 mi)
- Parcolido (amusement park, (24 mi)
- Eurpark Adventure (amusement park, (17 mi)
- Decimal Coordinates (Latitude, Longitude):
- 42.062 and 12.394 (Lat./Lng.)
- Coordinates by Time:
- N 42° 3' 44" and E 12° 23' 39"
- Currency and Currency Code:
- Euro - EUR
- Spoken languages:
- Italian, German, French, Sardinian, Catalan, Corsican, Slovenian
- Local electricity:
- 230 V - 50 Hz (plugs: G)
- Mobile phone / cellular frequencies (MHz):
- 900 MHz, 1800 MHz, 3G, 4G
- Local Time: 04:18 AM (Friday)
- Timezone: Europe/Rome
- UTC/GMT offset: 1 hours
- Sunrise and Sunset:
- 6:47 am and 5:58 pm
- Antipode Coordinates:
- -43.733 and -176.350 (Lat./Lng.)
- Closest place to antipode coordinates:
- This place on Wikipedia
- This place on Geonames.org
Formello in Province of Rome (Latium) with it's 5,143 residents is a town located in Italy about 13 mi (or 21 km) north-west of Rome, the country's capital place.
Time in Formello is now 04:18 AM (Friday). The local timezone is named Europe / Rome with an UTC offset of one hour. We know of 11 airports nearby Formello, of which 5 are larger airports. The closest airport in Italy is Leonardo Da Vinci (Fiumicino) International Airport in a distance of 19 mi (or 31 km), South. Besides the airports, there are other travel options available (check left side).
There are several Unesco world heritage sites nearby. The closest heritage site is Vatican City in Vatican at a distance of 12 mi (or 19 km). The closest in Italy is Etruscan Necropolises of Cerveteri and Tarquinia in a distance of 15 mi (or 19 km), South. We collected 7 points of interest near this location. Need some hints on where to stay? We compiled a list of available hotels close to the map centre further down the page.
Being here already, you might want to pay a visit to some of the following locations: Sacrofano, Campagnano di Roma, Magliano Romano, Anguillara Sabazia and Riano. To further explore this place, just scroll down and browse the available info.
Local weather forecast
Todays Local Weather Conditions & Forecast: 16°C / 60 °F
|Morning Temperature||10°C / 50 °F|
|Evening Temperature||10°C / 49 °F|
|Night Temperature||6°C / 43 °F|
|Chance of rainfall||0%|
|Air Pressure||1016 hPa|
|Wind Speed||Moderate breeze with 11 km/h (7 mph) from South|
|Cloud Conditions||Clear sky, covering 0% of sky|
|General Conditions||Sky is clear|
Saturday, 29th of February 2020
15°C (58 °F)
11°C (52 °F)
Overcast clouds, gentle breeze.
Sunday, 1st of March 2020
17°C (62 °F)
12°C (53 °F)
Moderate rain, moderate breeze, overcast clouds.
Monday, 2nd of March 2020
17°C (62 °F)
10°C (50 °F)
Heavy intensity rain, gentle breeze, broken clouds.
Hotels and Places to Stay
Castello della Castelluccia
Regal Park Hotel
Relais Il Postiglione Antica Posta Dei Chigi
Resort La Rocchetta
Hotel Tempio Di Apollo
La Meridiana Bed & Breakfast
Casa Nostra Signora Religious Guest House
Seven Hills Village
Veio Residence Resort
Videos from this area
These are videos related to the place based on their proximity to this place.
Uscita del 25 Aprile da Formello a Calcata
Uscita MTB Formello del 25 Aprile 2014, da Formello a Calcata passando per i sentieri della Macchia di Sacrofano e del Parco della Valle del Treja.
Giro del Lago di Martignano, Vallelunga e Campagnano Romano 29.06.2014
Giro domenicale del Lago di Martignano passando per Vallelunga e rientrando per il centro storico di Campagnano Romano.
Da Formello a Calcata con i bikers di Amo Sogno e Pedalo
Uscita in MTB da Formello a Calcata con i bikers di Amo Sogno e Pedalo. Riprese del road captain Gianni Voc. 24/04/2014.
Le indicazioni per le Rovine di Veio 03.08.2014
Le indicazioni di MTB Formello per le Rovine di Veio ad un gruppo di bikers provenienti da Capena (Roma) ...che sono ripartiti più confusi di prima!
Valli del Sorbo DH 05.10.2014
I test del nuovo single track DH del Veio Bike Park nel cuore delle Valli del Sorbo. http://www.mtbformello.it/veio-bike-park/
Nuovi Percorsi di MTB Formello
Attraverso i percorsi ottimizzati da MTB Formello. 03/11/2013 e 17/11/2013.
MTB Formello a Tolfa - Film trailer
MTB Formello in trasferta a Tolfa nella vecchia ferrovia. 13/10/2013.
Uscita del 1° maggio a Calcata 01.05.2014
Uscita del 1° Maggio del gruppo MTB Formello da Formello a Calcata.
Giro del monte Soratte e ascesa all'eremo di San Silvestro 01.06.2014
Da Formello a Sant'Oreste percorrendo i limiti della riserva naturale e la campagna a nord del Monte Soratte, salendo sino all'eremo di San Silvestro (quota 690 mslm) e riscendendo per le gallerie-...
Videos provided by Youtube are under the copyright of their owners.
Attractions and noteworthy things
Distances are based on the centre of the city/town and sightseeing location. This list contains brief abstracts about monuments, holiday activities, national parcs, museums, organisations and more from the area as well as interesting facts about the region itself. Where available, you'll find the corresponding homepage. Otherwise the related wikipedia article.
Veii was, in ancient times, an important Etruscan city 16 km NNW of Rome, Italy; its site lies in Isola Farnese, a village of Municipio XX, an administrative subdivision of the comune of Rome in the Province of Rome. Many sites associated with Veii, which were in the city-state of Veii, are also located in Formello, another comune of the Province of Rome, immediately to the north. Formello is named after the drainage channels first created by the Veians.
Battle of Veii
The Battle of Veii, also known as the Siege of Veii is a battle of ancient Rome, approximately dated at 396 BC. The main source about it is Livy's Ab Urbe Condita. The Romans were led by a dictator (in the Roman Republic, this was an emergency general rather than a tyrant) named Marcus Furius Camillus. Their opponent, the Etruscan city of Veii, a large city close to Rome had engaged the Romans in a long and inconclusive war during which it had often been under siege.
Portonaccio is an archaeological site located next to the west side of the plateau on which the ancient Etruscan city of Veio, north of Rome, Italy, was located. The site takes its name from the locality within the village of Isola Farnese, part of Municipio XX, city of Rome.
These are some bigger and more relevant cities in the wider vivinity of Formello.
- Campagnano di Roma
- Magliano Romano
- Anguillara Sabazia
- Castelnuovo di Porto
- Mazzano Romano
- Calcata Nuova
- Rignano Flaminio
- Trevignano Romano
- Castel Sant'Elia
- Fiano Romano
- Civitella San Paolo
- Civita Castellana
- Tor Lupara
- Bassano Romano
- Ponzano Romano
- Oriolo Romano
This place is known by different names. Here the ones we know: