in Provincia di Gorizia of Friuli Venezia Giulia, Italy
- Archaeological Area and the Patriarchal Basilica of Aquileia (Unesco heritage, 6 mi)
- Longobards in Italy. Places of the Power (568-774 A.D.) (Unesco heritage, 29 mi)
- Škocjan Caves (Unesco heritage, 29 mi)
- Episcopal Complex of the Euphrasian Basilica in the Historic Centre of Poreč (Unesco heritage, 32 mi)
- Venice and its Lagoon (Unesco heritage, 54 mi)
- Botanical Garden (Orto Botanico), Padua (Unesco heritage, 76 mi)
- The Dolomites (Unesco heritage, 88 mi)
- Early Christian Monuments of Ravenna (Unesco heritage, 105 mi)
- Aprilia Marittima (marina, (16 mi)
- Vedetta d'Italia (observation point, (17 mi)
- Parco Acquatico (amusement park, (0 mi)
- Gulliverlandia (amusement park, (15 mi)
- Aquasplash (amusement park, (15 mi)
- Parco Junior (amusement park, (13 mi)
- Decimal Coordinates (Latitude, Longitude):
- 45.678 and 13.403 (Lat./Lng.)
- Coordinates by Time:
- N 45° 40' 39" and E 13° 24' 11"
- Currency and Currency Code:
- Euro - EUR
- Spoken languages:
- Italian, German, French, Sardinian, Catalan, Corsican, Slovenian
- Local electricity:
- 230 V - 50 Hz (plugs: G)
- Mobile phone / cellular frequencies (MHz):
- 900 MHz, 1800 MHz, 3G, 4G
- Local Time: 03:19 AM (Friday)
- Timezone: Europe/Rome
- UTC/GMT offset: 1 hours
- Sunrise and Sunset:
- 7:35 am and 4:22 pm
- Antipode Coordinates:
- -44.033 and -176.367 (Lat./Lng.)
- Closest place to antipode coordinates:
- This place on Wikipedia
- This place on Geonames.org
Safety Score: 3,0 of 5.0 based on data from 9 authorites. Meaning we advice caution when travelling to Italy.
Travel warnings are updated daily. Source: Travel Warning Italy. Last Update: 2022-12-08 08:24:33
Grado in Provincia di Gorizia (Friuli Venezia Giulia) with it's 6,767 inhabitants is located in Italy about 265 mi (or 427 km) north of Rome, the country's capital.
Local time in Grado is now 03:19 AM (Friday). The local timezone is named Europe / Rome with an UTC offset of one hour. We know of 8 airports in the wider vicinity of Grado, of which 3 are larger airports. The closest airport in Italy is Trieste / Ronchi Dei Legionari in a distance of 11 mi (or 17 km), North. Besides the airports, there are other travel options available (check left side).
There are several Unesco world heritage sites nearby. The closest heritage site in Italy is Archaeological Area and the Patriarchal Basilica of Aquileia in a distance of 6 mi (or 10 km), North. We found 6 points of interest in the vicinity of this place. If you need a place to sleep, we compiled a list of available hotels close to the map centre further down the page.
Depending on your travel schedule, you might want to pay a visit to some of the following locations: Aquileia, San Valentino, Villa Vicentina, Terzo d'Aquileia and Pieris. To further explore this place, just scroll down and browse the available info.
Local weather forecast
Todays Local Weather Conditions & Forecast: 9°C / 48 °F
|Morning Temperature||8°C / 47 °F|
|Evening Temperature||10°C / 50 °F|
|Night Temperature||9°C / 49 °F|
|Chance of rainfall||25%|
|Air Pressure||1004 hPa|
|Wind Speed||Gentle Breeze with 8 km/h (5 mph) from South|
|Cloud Conditions||Overcast clouds, covering 100% of sky|
|General Conditions||Heavy intensity rain|
Saturday, 10th of December 2022
10°C (50 °F)
9°C (47 °F)
Light rain, moderate breeze, overcast clouds.
Sunday, 11th of December 2022
8°C (46 °F)
7°C (44 °F)
Light rain, moderate breeze, overcast clouds.
Monday, 12th of December 2022
4°C (40 °F)
4°C (40 °F)
Rain and snow, fresh breeze, overcast clouds.
Hotels and Places to Stay
Grand Hotel Astoria
Videos from this area
These are videos related to the place based on their proximity to this place.
Frecce Tricolori - Arrivo a Grado 11-08-07
l'emozionante arrivo della Pattuglia Acrobatica Nazionale, ovvero delle Frecce Tricolori, a Grado per l'esibizione del 11 Agosto scorso..
Grado - Scuola Musica Viva
Grado - "Scuola Musica Viva" Coro delle Voci Bianche diretto dalla Maestra Violetta Gratton.
Lagune von Grado / laguna di grado Italy
Viele Menschen kennen Grado, aber wer kennt die Lagune von Grado?
GoPro Grado 2k14 Water Fun (DJI Drone)
Water Fun in Grado, Italy. Filmed with Gopro HD3 Black Edition and Dji Drone.
Grado - fine de un amor
" fine de un amor " parole musica di Aldo Tognon. Canta: Monica Maran. (48° Festival della Canzone Gradese)
Videos provided by Youtube are under the copyright of their owners.
Attractions and noteworthy things
Distances are based on the centre of the city/town and sightseeing location. This list contains brief abstracts about monuments, holiday activities, national parcs, museums, organisations and more from the area as well as interesting facts about the region itself. Where available, you'll find the corresponding homepage. Otherwise the related wikipedia article.
Barbana is a small island located at the northern end of the Grado Lagoon, near Trieste in north-east Italy. It is the site of the Santuario di Barbana, an ancient Marian sanctuary whose origins date back to 582 when Elia, Patriarch of Aquileia, built a church near the hut of a hermit from Treviso named Barbanus. The island, which can be easily reached by ferry from nearby Grado, is populated by a small community of Franciscan monks.
These are some bigger and more relevant cities in the wider vivinity of Grado.
- San Valentino
- Villa Vicentina
- Terzo d'Aquileia
- Cervignano del Friuli
- San Pier d'Isonzo
- Ronchi dei Legionari
- Campolongo al Torre-Cavenzano
- Campolongo al Torre
- Aiello del Friuli
- Romans d'Isonzo
- Doberdo del Lago
- San Vito al Torre
- Gradisca d'Isonzo
- Bagnaria Arsa
- San Giorgio di Nogaro
- Mariano del Friuli
Grado: Parco Acquatico, Grado (source)
Grado: Il porto in Riva San Marco, Grado (source)
Grado: Friuli, Grado (source)
Webcams provided by webcam.travel are under the copyright of their owners.
This place is known by different names. Here the ones we know:
Grado, Grau, グラード, Gravo