in Ma'an Governorate, Jordan
- Bar Yehuda Airfield (21 mi)
- Queen Alia International Airport (41 mi)
- Ein Yahav Airfield (49 mi)
- Amman-Marka International Airport (57 mi)
- Be'er Sheva (Teyman) Airport (58 mi)
- Ben Gurion International Airport (75 mi)
- Sde Dov Airport (84 mi)
- King Hussein Air College (88 mi)
- Ovda International Airport (97 mi)
- Masada (Unesco heritage, 22 mi)
- Um er-Rasas (Kastrom Mefa'a) (Unesco heritage, 26 mi)
- Birthplace of Jesus: Church of the Nativity and the Pilgrimage Route, Bethlehem (Unesco heritage, 46 mi)
- Palestine: Land of Olives and Vines – Cultural Landscape of Southern Jerusalem, Battir (Unesco heritage, 50 mi)
- Incense Route - Desert Cities in the Negev (Unesco heritage, 55 mi)
- Caves of Maresha and Bet-Guvrin in the Judean Lowlands as a Microcosm of the Land of the Caves (Unesco heritage, 56 mi)
- Petra (Unesco heritage, 61 mi)
- Quseir Amra (Unesco heritage, 67 mi)
- White City of Tel-Aviv -- the Modern Movement (Unesco heritage, 81 mi)
- Biblical Tels - Megiddo, Hazor, Beer Sheba (Unesco heritage, 102 mi)
- Decimal Coordinates (Latitude, Longitude):
- 31.182 and 35.700 (Lat./Lng.)
- Coordinates by Time:
- N 31° 10' 56" and E 35° 41' 59"
- Currency and Currency Code:
- Dinar - JOD
- Spoken languages:
- Arabic, English
- Local electricity:
- 230 V - 50 Hz (plugs: G)
- Mobile phone / cellular frequencies (MHz):
- 900 MHz, 1800 MHz, 3G, 4G
- Local Time: 06:13 PM (Tuesday)
- Timezone: Asia/Amman
- UTC/GMT offset: 2 hours
- Sunrise and Sunset:
- 6:01 am and 5:36 pm
- Antipode Coordinates:
- -27.600 and -144.317 (Lat./Lng.)
- Closest place to antipode coordinates:
- This place on Wikipedia
- This place on Geonames.org
Safety Score: 3,7 of 5.0 based on data from 9 authorites. Meaning please reconsider your need to travel to Jordan.
Travel warnings are updated daily. Source: Travel Warning Jordan. Last Update: 2021-03-02 08:34:11
Discover Qīr Moāv
Qīr Moāv in Ma'an Governorate with it's 22,581 citizens is a place in Jordan about 55 mi (or 89 km) south of Amman, the country's capital city.
Current time in Qīr Moāv is now 06:13 PM (Tuesday). The local timezone is named Asia / Amman with an UTC offset of 2 hours. We know of 9 airports near Qīr Moāv, of which 3 are larger airports. The closest is airport we know is Bar Yehuda Airfield in Israel in a distance of 21 mi (or 34 km). The closest airport in Jordan is Queen Alia International Airport in a distance of 41 mi (or 34 km), North-West. Besides the airports, there are other travel options available (check left side).
There are several Unesco world heritage sites nearby. The closest heritage site is Masada in Israel at a distance of 22 mi (or 36 km). The closest in Jordan is Um er-Rasas (Kastrom Mefa'a) in a distance of 26 mi (or 36 km), North-West.
While being here, you might want to pay a visit to some of the following locations: Karak, `Ayy, Al Mazar al Janubi, Al Qasr and Al Husayniyah. To further explore this place, just scroll down and browse the available info.
Local weather forecast
Todays Local Weather Conditions & Forecast: 12°C / 54 °F
|Morning Temperature||7°C / 45 °F|
|Evening Temperature||13°C / 55 °F|
|Night Temperature||9°C / 48 °F|
|Chance of rainfall||0%|
|Air Pressure||1021 hPa|
|Wind Speed||Light breeze with 3 km/h (2 mph) from East|
|Cloud Conditions||Clear sky, covering 0% of sky|
|General Conditions||Sky is clear|
Wednesday, 3rd of March 2021
10°C (51 °F)
8°C (47 °F)
Sky is clear, light breeze, clear sky.
Thursday, 4th of March 2021
8°C (47 °F)
8°C (46 °F)
Light rain, moderate breeze, few clouds.
Friday, 5th of March 2021
11°C (52 °F)
9°C (49 °F)
Light rain, gentle breeze, few clouds.
Videos from this area
These are videos related to the place based on their proximity to this place.
Wadi Bin Hammad , Al - Karak , Jordan
The amazing Wadi Bin Hammad near Al - Karak city , Jordan. One of the most beautiful places in the Middle east... As soon as we enter bin Hammad, you shall see a new world with beautiful...
Al Karak (Kerak) with kids, Jordan - Reisbijbel.nl
Deze video over Kerak in Jordanië maakt onderdeel uit van een artikel op http://www.reisbijbel.nl waarin redacteur Joep Kolijn met zijn gezin op zoek gaat naar de cultuurschatten van Jordanië....
Tours-TV.com: Al Karak
Jordan. (卡拉克 (約旦), カラク (ヨルダン), الكرك). See on map http://tours-tv.com/en/Al-Karak .
Dark Spine Spikes V.S Dark SpineSonic
Its the best fight sprite I ever did (I did and they are not on youtube)
الشيخ اسماعيل الشوفي المجالي في مسلسل عطر النار
بعض المقتطفات التي تضمنت شخصية الشيخ اسماعيل الشوفي المجالي من ضمن حلقات مسلسل عطر النار رغم الإجحاف الغير...
Videos provided by Youtube are under the copyright of their owners.
Attractions and noteworthy things
Distances are based on the centre of the city/town and sightseeing location. This list contains brief abstracts about monuments, holiday activities, national parcs, museums, organisations and more from the area as well as interesting facts about the region itself. Where available, you'll find the corresponding homepage. Otherwise the related wikipedia article.
Karak (also Kerak) is a city in Jordan that is known for the famous crusader castle Kerak. The castle is one of the three largest castles in the region, the other two being in Syria. Karak is the capital city of Karak Governorate. Karak, once a Kingdom, lies 140 km to the south of Amman on the King's Highway. An ancient Crusader stronghold, it is situated on a hilltop about 1000 meters above sea level and is surrounded on three sides by a valley. Karak has a view of the Dead Sea.
Kerak Castle is a large crusader castle located in Kerak in Jordan. It is one of the largest crusader castles in the Levant. Construction of the castle began in the 1140s, under Pagan, Fulk of Jerusalem's butler. The Crusaders called it Crac des Moabites or "Karak in Moab", as it is frequently referred to in history books. Kerak should not be confused with Krak des Chevaliers.
These are some bigger and more relevant cities in the wider vivinity of Qīr Moāv.
- Al Mazar al Janubi
- Al Qasr
- Al Husayniyah
- Ghawr al Mazra`ah
- Al Mughayyir
- Al Qatranah
- At Tafilah
- Al `Arid
- Umm ar Rasas
- Al Hasa
- Al Faysaliyah
- Al Jizah
- Al Husayniyah
- Umm al Basatin
- Ash Shawbak
- Ash Shunah al Janubiyah
- Rujm ash Shami al Gharbi
- Al Juwayyidah
This place is known by different names. Here the ones we know:
Al Karak, El Kerak, Karak, Kir Moab, Kerak, Эль-Карак