in Tafilah Governorate, Jordan
- Ein Yahav Airfield (28 mi)
- Bar Yehuda Airfield (36 mi)
- Be'er Sheva (Teyman) Airport (61 mi)
- Queen Alia International Airport (65 mi)
- Yotvata Airfield (72 mi)
- Ovda International Airport (74 mi)
- Amman-Marka International Airport (82 mi)
- Ben Gurion International Airport (91 mi)
- Aqaba King Hussein International Airport (92 mi)
- Incense Route - Desert Cities in the Negev (Unesco heritage, 33 mi)
- Masada (Unesco heritage, 36 mi)
- Petra (Unesco heritage, 36 mi)
- Um er-Rasas (Kastrom Mefa'a) (Unesco heritage, 50 mi)
- Birthplace of Jesus: Church of the Nativity and the Pilgrimage Route, Bethlehem (Unesco heritage, 64 mi)
- Caves of Maresha and Bet-Guvrin in the Judean Lowlands as a Microcosm of the Land of the Caves (Unesco heritage, 67 mi)
- Palestine: Land of Olives and Vines – Cultural Landscape of Southern Jerusalem, Battir (Unesco heritage, 67 mi)
- Wadi Rum Protected Area (Unesco heritage, 83 mi)
- Quseir Amra (Unesco heritage, 88 mi)
- White City of Tel-Aviv -- the Modern Movement (Unesco heritage, 98 mi)
- Decimal Coordinates (Latitude, Longitude):
- 30.838 and 35.604 (Lat./Lng.)
- Coordinates by Time:
- N 30° 50' 15" and E 35° 36' 15"
- Currency and Currency Code:
- Dinar - JOD
- Spoken languages:
- Arabic, English
- Local electricity:
- 230 V - 50 Hz (plugs: G)
- Mobile phone / cellular frequencies (MHz):
- 900 MHz, 1800 MHz, 3G, 4G
- Local Time: 11:41 PM (Sunday)
- Timezone: Asia/Amman
- UTC/GMT offset: 2 hours
- Sunrise and Sunset:
- 6:20 am and 4:35 pm
- Antipode Coordinates:
- -27.600 and -144.317 (Lat./Lng.)
- Closest place to antipode coordinates:
- This place on Geonames.org
Safety Score: 3,3 of 5.0 based on data from 9 authorites. Meaning please reconsider your need to travel to Jordan.
Travel warnings are updated daily. Source: Travel Warning Jordan. Last Update: 2022-12-04 08:28:30
Delve into Aţ Ţafīlah
Aţ Ţafīlah in Tafilah Governorate with it's 25,429 habitants is a town located in Jordan about 80 mi (or 128 km) south of Amman, the country's capital town.
Time in Aţ Ţafīlah is now 11:41 PM (Sunday). The local timezone is named Asia / Amman with an UTC offset of 2 hours. We know of 9 airports closer to Aţ Ţafīlah, of which 3 are larger airports. The closest is airport we know is Ein Yahav Airfield in Israel in a distance of 28 mi (or 45 km). The closest airport in Jordan is Queen Alia International Airport in a distance of 65 mi (or 45 km), South-West. Besides the airports, there are other travel options available (check left side).
There are several Unesco world heritage sites nearby. The closest heritage site is Incense Route - Desert Cities in the Negev in Israel at a distance of 33 mi (or 54 km). The closest in Jordan is Petra in a distance of 36 mi (or 54 km), South-West.
Since you are here already, you might want to pay a visit to some of the following locations: Busayra, Al Husayniyah, Al Mazar al Janubi, `Ayy and Al Husayniyah. To further explore this place, just scroll down and browse the available info.
Local weather forecast
Todays Local Weather Conditions & Forecast: 15°C / 59 °F
|Morning Temperature||11°C / 51 °F|
|Evening Temperature||13°C / 56 °F|
|Night Temperature||12°C / 53 °F|
|Chance of rainfall||0%|
|Air Pressure||1018 hPa|
|Wind Speed||Light breeze with 4 km/h (2 mph) from North-West|
|Cloud Conditions||Clear sky, covering 8% of sky|
|General Conditions||Sky is clear|
Monday, 5th of December 2022
14°C (58 °F)
10°C (51 °F)
Sky is clear, light breeze, clear sky.
Tuesday, 6th of December 2022
13°C (55 °F)
10°C (50 °F)
Sky is clear, light breeze, clear sky.
Wednesday, 7th of December 2022
14°C (57 °F)
11°C (51 °F)
Sky is clear, calm, clear sky.
Videos from this area
These are videos related to the place based on their proximity to this place.
Jordan, an extraordinary experience
low resolution trailer of a video report of a journey through Jordan, with the remarkable and dreamlike places Petra and Wadi Rum.
Senderos en Petra. Mirador part2
El Siq, largo y estrecho pasaje lleno de misteriosas señales, con el cielo apenas una cinta azul sobre la cabeza, descubre de pronto el majestuoso Al Jesneh (El Tesoro), espectacular visión...
Videos provided by Youtube are under the copyright of their owners.
Attractions and noteworthy things
Distances are based on the centre of the city/town and sightseeing location. This list contains brief abstracts about monuments, holiday activities, national parcs, museums, organisations and more from the area as well as interesting facts about the region itself. Where available, you'll find the corresponding homepage. Otherwise the related wikipedia article.
for the village in Yemen see Tafilah, Yemen At-Tafilah (also spelled Tafila) is a town with a population of 39,000 people in southern Jordan, located 183 kilometers southwest of Amman. It is the capital of Tafilah Governorate. It is well known for having green gardens which contain olive and fig trees, and grape-vines. Tafilah was first built by the Edomites and was called Tophel.
Tafilah is one of the governorates of Jordan, located about 180 km south-west of Amman, Jordan's capital. Tafilah Governorate is bordered by Karak Governorate to the north, Ma'an Governorate to the east and south, Aqaba Governorate to the south, and by Israel to the west. The area of this province constitutes 2.5% of the area of the Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan. It is divided into three departments. The population as of 2005 is about 82,000 (i.e.
These are some bigger and more relevant cities in the wider vivinity of Aţ Ţafīlah.
This place is known by different names. Here the ones we know:
Tafileh, Et Tafīla, Tophel, Aṭ Ṭafīla, Tofel, El Tafile, Tafīla, Tafile, Tufailah, Aţ Ţafīlah, الطفيلة, Тафила