in Ma'an Governorate, Jordan
- Ein Yahav Airfield (23 mi)
- Yotvata Airfield (52 mi)
- Ovda International Airport (55 mi)
- Bar Yehuda Airfield (57 mi)
- Aqaba King Hussein International Airport (71 mi)
- Be'er Sheva (Teyman) Airport (73 mi)
- Eilat Airport (76 mi)
- Taba International Airport (80 mi)
- Queen Alia International Airport (87 mi)
- Ben Gurion International Airport (111 mi)
- Petra (Unesco heritage, 15 mi)
- Incense Route - Desert Cities in the Negev (Unesco heritage, 24 mi)
- Masada (Unesco heritage, 56 mi)
- Wadi Rum Protected Area (Unesco heritage, 61 mi)
- Um er-Rasas (Kastrom Mefa'a) (Unesco heritage, 71 mi)
- Caves of Maresha and Bet-Guvrin in the Judean Lowlands as a Microcosm of the Land of the Caves (Unesco heritage, 85 mi)
- Birthplace of Jesus: Church of the Nativity and the Pilgrimage Route, Bethlehem (Unesco heritage, 85 mi)
- Palestine: Land of Olives and Vines – Cultural Landscape of Southern Jerusalem, Battir (Unesco heritage, 87 mi)
- Quseir Amra (Unesco heritage, 107 mi)
- White City of Tel-Aviv -- the Modern Movement (Unesco heritage, 116 mi)
- Decimal Coordinates (Latitude, Longitude):
- 30.521 and 35.571 (Lat./Lng.)
- Coordinates by Time:
- N 30° 31' 16" and E 35° 34' 16"
- Currency and Currency Code:
- Dinar - JOD
- Spoken languages:
- Arabic, English
- Local electricity:
- 230 V - 50 Hz (plugs: G)
- Mobile phone / cellular frequencies (MHz):
- 900 MHz, 1800 MHz, 3G, 4G
- Local Time: 03:59 PM (Friday)
- Timezone: Asia/Amman
- UTC/GMT offset: 2 hours
- Sunrise and Sunset:
- 6:35 am and 4:59 pm
- Antipode Coordinates:
- -27.600 and -144.317 (Lat./Lng.)
- Closest place to antipode coordinates:
- This place on Wikipedia
- This place on Geonames.org
Safety Score: 3,7 of 5.0 based on data from 9 authorites. Meaning please reconsider your need to travel to Jordan.
Travel warnings are updated daily. Source: Travel Warning Jordan. Last Update: 2021-01-15 08:23:06
Explore Ash Shawbak
Ash Shawbak in Ma'an Governorate with it's 50 inhabitants is located in Jordan about 101 mi (or 163 km) south of Amman, the country's capital.
Local time in Ash Shawbak is now 03:59 PM (Friday). The local timezone is named Asia / Amman with an UTC offset of 2 hours. We know of 10 airports in the wider vicinity of Ash Shawbak, of which 3 are larger airports. The closest is airport we know is Ein Yahav Airfield in Israel in a distance of 23 mi (or 37 km). The closest airport in Jordan is Aqaba King Hussein International Airport in a distance of 71 mi (or 37 km), West. Besides the airports, there are other travel options available (check left side).
There are several Unesco world heritage sites nearby. The closest heritage site in Jordan is Petra in a distance of 15 mi (or 25 km), South-West. If you need a place to sleep, we compiled a list of available hotels close to the map centre further down the page.
Depending on your travel schedule, you might want to pay a visit to some of the following locations: Adhruh, Busayra, Petra, Al Husayniyah and Ayl. To further explore this place, just scroll down and browse the available info.
Local weather forecast
Todays Local Weather Conditions & Forecast: 7°C / 45 °F
|Morning Temperature||5°C / 41 °F|
|Evening Temperature||9°C / 49 °F|
|Night Temperature||7°C / 45 °F|
|Chance of rainfall||0%|
|Air Pressure||1019 hPa|
|Wind Speed||Light breeze with 3 km/h (2 mph) from East|
|Cloud Conditions||Broken clouds, covering 50% of sky|
|General Conditions||Scattered clouds|
Saturday, 16th of January 2021
8°C (47 °F)
6°C (43 °F)
Sky is clear, gentle breeze, clear sky.
Sunday, 17th of January 2021
9°C (48 °F)
7°C (44 °F)
Sky is clear, moderate breeze, few clouds.
Monday, 18th of January 2021
6°C (42 °F)
3°C (38 °F)
Light rain, moderate breeze, overcast clouds.
Hotels and Places to Stay
Videos from this area
These are videos related to the place based on their proximity to this place.
-HD-薔薇色の古代都市ペトラ（ヨルダン）-The Ancient City of Petra,Jordan-
Montreal Crusader Castle (Shobak), Jordan
Follow the history of this once magnificent crusader castle Montreal... The castle was built in 1115 AD by Baldwin 1st King of Jerusalem and was the crusaders headquarters in Jordan for over 30 years.
Carriage Ride in Petra
If you visit Petra in Jordan, you may want to take a carriage ride down the canyon (Al Siq). The noise of the carriage in the canyon and the rough ride are an experience to remember.
MOAB Easter JEEP Safari 2011 - CALMINI
4x4PRO חברת Calmini מייבאת לארץ את המוצרים של חברת האמריקאית. השיפורים והמיגונים של החברה מיועדים לרכבי השטח...
دوقرة احمد الشلول والشيخ موسى الشلول الفاردة
دوقرة حفلة زفاف احمد الشلول والشيخ موسى الشلول يوم الجمعة الموافق 5/7/1996 في بلدة دوقرة ..... الفاردة .....اربد...
Videos provided by Youtube are under the copyright of their owners.
These are some bigger and more relevant cities in the wider vivinity of Ash Shawbak.
This place is known by different names. Here the ones we know:
Shawbak Fort, Esh Shobek, Shobek, Shaubak, Shaubak Fort, Ash Shawbak, الشوبك, Шобак