in Jerash Governorate, Jordan
- Amman-Marka International Airport (25 mi)
- King Hussein Air College (25 mi)
- Queen Alia International Airport (42 mi)
- Ben Ya'akov Airport (49 mi)
- Haifa International Airport (58 mi)
- Ben Gurion International Airport (59 mi)
- Sde Dov Airport (63 mi)
- Kiryat Shmona Airport (64 mi)
- Damascus International Airport (85 mi)
- Ancient City of Bosra (Unesco heritage, 40 mi)
- Biblical Tels - Megiddo, Hazor, Beer Sheba (Unesco heritage, 43 mi)
- Sites of Human Evolution at Mount Carmel: The Nahal Me’arot / Wadi el-Mughara Caves (Unesco heritage, 56 mi)
- Quseir Amra (Unesco heritage, 56 mi)
- Um er-Rasas (Kastrom Mefa'a) (Unesco heritage, 56 mi)
- Birthplace of Jesus: Church of the Nativity and the Pilgrimage Route, Bethlehem (Unesco heritage, 56 mi)
- Palestine: Land of Olives and Vines – Cultural Landscape of Southern Jerusalem, Battir (Unesco heritage, 58 mi)
- Old City of Acre (Unesco heritage, 61 mi)
- Bahá’i Holy Places in Haifa and the Western Galilee (Unesco heritage, 62 mi)
- White City of Tel-Aviv -- the Modern Movement (Unesco heritage, 64 mi)
- Decimal Coordinates (Latitude, Longitude):
- 32.314 and 35.837 (Lat./Lng.)
- Coordinates by Time:
- N 32° 18' 49" and E 35° 50' 13"
- Currency and Currency Code:
- Dinar - JOD
- Spoken languages:
- Arabic, English
- Local electricity:
- 230 V - 50 Hz (plugs: G)
- Mobile phone / cellular frequencies (MHz):
- 900 MHz, 1800 MHz, 3G, 4G
- Local Time: 11:39 AM (Monday)
- Timezone: Asia/Amman
- UTC/GMT offset: 2 hours
- Sunrise and Sunset:
- 6:18 am and 4:31 pm
- Antipode Coordinates:
- -27.600 and -144.317 (Lat./Lng.)
- Closest place to antipode coordinates:
- This place on Geonames.org
Safety Score: 3,5 of 5.0 based on data from 9 authorites. Meaning please reconsider your need to travel to Jordan.
Travel warnings are updated daily. Source: Travel Warning Jordan. Last Update: 2021-11-29 08:31:42
Delve into Sūf
Sūf in Jerash Governorate with it's 12,942 habitants is located in Jordan about 26 mi (or 41 km) north of Amman, the country's capital town.
Current time in Sūf is now 11:39 AM (Monday). The local timezone is named Asia / Amman with an UTC offset of 2 hours. We know of 9 airports close to Sūf, of which 3 are larger airports. The closest airport in Jordan is Amman-Marka International Airport in a distance of 25 mi (or 41 km), South. Besides the airports, there are other travel options available (check left side).
There are several Unesco world heritage sites nearby. The closest heritage site is Ancient City of Bosra in Syria at a distance of 40 mi (or 65 km). The closest in Jordan is Quseir Amra in a distance of 56 mi (or 65 km), East.
While being here, you might want to pay a visit to some of the following locations: Sakhrah, Jarash, 'Ajlun, Burma and Al Mastabah. To further explore this place, just scroll down and browse the available info.
Local weather forecast
Todays Local Weather Conditions & Forecast: 23°C / 73 °F
|Morning Temperature||15°C / 59 °F|
|Evening Temperature||21°C / 69 °F|
|Night Temperature||17°C / 63 °F|
|Chance of rainfall||0%|
|Air Pressure||1021 hPa|
|Wind Speed||Gentle Breeze with 6 km/h (4 mph) from North-West|
|Cloud Conditions||Scattered clouds, covering 35% of sky|
|General Conditions||Scattered clouds|
Tuesday, 30th of November 2021
25°C (77 °F)
17°C (62 °F)
Overcast clouds, moderate breeze.
Wednesday, 1st of December 2021
17°C (63 °F)
12°C (54 °F)
Light rain, fresh breeze, scattered clouds.
Thursday, 2nd of December 2021
14°C (58 °F)
10°C (49 °F)
Light rain, fresh breeze, clear sky.
Videos from this area
These are videos related to the place based on their proximity to this place.
Roman city of Gerasa at Jerash - Jordan
An extensive look around the Roman city of Gerasa at Jerash. Jordan (Country),اَلأُرْدُنّ,Al-ʾUrdunn,Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan,Kingdom of Jordan,اَلمَمْلَكَة اَلأُ...
Roman Ruins at Jerash, Jordan
Jerash was one of the pleasant surprises of our trip. The ruins show remains of a large city, and the best preserved of any the many Roman sites visited throughout Turkey and the Mideast....
Theatre in Jerash
Roman Theatre in Jerash (northern Jordan) - a good example of roman architecture in these areas.
Jerash (Gerasa) in Middle East (Jordan)
Gerasa antica città della Palestina fondata nel 170 a.c. capoluogo della decàpoli nel periodo biblico, a nord di Amman. L'antica città romana, splendida, con edifici monumentali, e artistici,...
The ancient city of Jerash
Our visit to the roman city of Jerash in Jordan. With all the highlights.
مذكرات طالب عربي في العراق في فترة الحصار للدكتور إسماعيل القيام
يقيم فرع رابطة الكتاب الأردنيين في جرش محاضرة بعنوان: "مذكرات طالب عربي في العراق في ظروف الحصار"، يقدمها...
Videos provided by Youtube are under the copyright of their owners.
Attractions and noteworthy things
Distances are based on the centre of the city/town and sightseeing location. This list contains brief abstracts about monuments, holiday activities, national parcs, museums, organisations and more from the area as well as interesting facts about the region itself. Where available, you'll find the corresponding homepage. Otherwise the related wikipedia article.
Sakib, is a Jordanian town in the northern corner of the country, a distance of 8 kilometers (5 mi) to the west of the city of Jerash, And 39 kilometers (24 mi) to the north of the city of Amman. Sakib is located on the highway which connects Jerash and Ajloun. It is close to several mountains overlooking the capital, Amman, as well as the province of Jerash and most of the province's villages.
These are some bigger and more relevant cities in the wider vivinity of Sūf.
This place is known by different names. Here the ones we know: