in Jerash Governorate, Jordan
- Amman-Marka International Airport (21 mi)
- King Hussein Air College (29 mi)
- Queen Alia International Airport (36 mi)
- Ben Ya'akov Airport (54 mi)
- Ben Gurion International Airport (54 mi)
- Haifa International Airport (59 mi)
- Sde Dov Airport (59 mi)
- Bar Yehuda Airfield (66 mi)
- Damascus International Airport (93 mi)
- Biblical Tels - Megiddo, Hazor, Beer Sheba (Unesco heritage, 44 mi)
- Ancient City of Bosra (Unesco heritage, 46 mi)
- Birthplace of Jesus: Church of the Nativity and the Pilgrimage Route, Bethlehem (Unesco heritage, 49 mi)
- Um er-Rasas (Kastrom Mefa'a) (Unesco heritage, 50 mi)
- Palestine: Land of Olives and Vines – Cultural Landscape of Southern Jerusalem, Battir (Unesco heritage, 52 mi)
- Quseir Amra (Unesco heritage, 55 mi)
- Sites of Human Evolution at Mount Carmel: The Nahal Me’arot / Wadi el-Mughara Caves (Unesco heritage, 57 mi)
- White City of Tel-Aviv -- the Modern Movement (Unesco heritage, 60 mi)
- Old City of Acre (Unesco heritage, 64 mi)
- Masada (Unesco heritage, 68 mi)
- Decimal Coordinates (Latitude, Longitude):
- 32.219 and 35.785 (Lat./Lng.)
- Coordinates by Time:
- N 32° 13' 9" and E 35° 47' 6"
- Currency and Currency Code:
- Dinar - JOD
- Spoken languages:
- Arabic, English
- Local electricity:
- 230 V - 50 Hz (plugs: G)
- Mobile phone / cellular frequencies (MHz):
- 900 MHz, 1800 MHz, 3G, 4G
- Local Time: 04:55 AM (Wednesday)
- Timezone: Asia/Amman
- UTC/GMT offset: 2 hours
- Sunrise and Sunset:
- 6:15 am and 5:26 pm
- Antipode Coordinates:
- -27.600 and -144.317 (Lat./Lng.)
- Closest place to antipode coordinates:
- This place on Geonames.org
Safety Score: 2,5 of 5.0 based on data from 9 authorites. Meaning we advice caution when travelling to Jordan.
Travel warnings are updated daily. Source: Travel Warning Jordan. Last Update: 2020-02-18 07:23:48
Burmā in Jerash Governorate with it's 4,735 residents is a town located in Jordan about 21 mi (or 33 km) north-west of Amman, the country's capital place.
Time in Burmā is now 04:55 AM (Wednesday). The local timezone is named Asia / Amman with an UTC offset of 2 hours. We know of 9 airports nearby Burmā, of which 3 are larger airports. The closest airport in Jordan is Amman-Marka International Airport in a distance of 21 mi (or 34 km), South-East. Besides the airports, there are other travel options available (check left side).
There are several Unesco world heritage sites nearby. The closest heritage site is Biblical Tels - Megiddo, Hazor, Beer Sheba in Israel at a distance of 44 mi (or 70 km). The closest in Jordan is Um er-Rasas (Kastrom Mefa'a) in a distance of 50 mi (or 70 km), North-West.
Being here already, you might want to pay a visit to some of the following locations: Al Mastabah, As Subayhi, `Allan, Kufrinjah and 'Ajlun. To further explore this place, just scroll down and browse the available info.
Local weather forecast
Todays Local Weather Conditions & Forecast: 12°C / 53 °F
|Morning Temperature||8°C / 47 °F|
|Evening Temperature||10°C / 49 °F|
|Night Temperature||8°C / 46 °F|
|Chance of rainfall||8%|
|Air Pressure||1013 hPa|
|Wind Speed||Gentle Breeze with 7 km/h (4 mph) from East|
|Cloud Conditions||Overcast clouds, covering 100% of sky|
|General Conditions||Moderate rain|
Thursday, 20th of February 2020
11°C (51 °F)
7°C (44 °F)
Light rain, moderate breeze, broken clouds.
Friday, 21st of February 2020
13°C (55 °F)
9°C (48 °F)
Sky is clear, gentle breeze, clear sky.
Saturday, 22nd of February 2020
10°C (51 °F)
7°C (45 °F)
Light rain, moderate breeze, broken clouds.
Videos from this area
These are videos related to the place based on their proximity to this place.
Roman city of Gerasa at Jerash - Jordan
An extensive look around the Roman city of Gerasa at Jerash. Jordan (Country),اَلأُرْدُنّ,Al-ʾUrdunn,Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan,Kingdom of Jordan,اَلمَمْلَكَة اَلأُ...
Roman Ruins at Jerash, Jordan
Jerash was one of the pleasant surprises of our trip. The ruins show remains of a large city, and the best preserved of any the many Roman sites visited throughout Turkey and the Mideast....
Theatre in Jerash
Roman Theatre in Jerash (northern Jordan) - a good example of roman architecture in these areas.
The ancient city of Jerash
Our visit to the roman city of Jerash in Jordan. With all the highlights.
#UNVyouth - دانا زيدان، طالبة جامعية | المخيم الصيفي للمتطوعين
Arab Youth Volunteering for a Better Future is a regional project, led by the United Nations Volunteers (UNV) programme, which seeks to support youth to effectively engage in the development...
ירדן - תצפית על הרי הגלעד ועג'לון המקראית (Ajloun) כולל המבצר האיובי Qa'lat Al Rabad
Zahi Shaked A tour guide in Israel and his camera firstname.lastname@example.org 9726905522 tel סיור עם מורה הדרך ומדריך הטיולים צחי שקד 0546905522 My name is Zahi...
Videos provided by Youtube are under the copyright of their owners.
Attractions and noteworthy things
Distances are based on the centre of the city/town and sightseeing location. This list contains brief abstracts about monuments, holiday activities, national parcs, museums, organisations and more from the area as well as interesting facts about the region itself. Where available, you'll find the corresponding homepage. Otherwise the related wikipedia article.
King Talal Dam
The King Talal Dam is a large dam in the hills of northern Jordan, across the Zarqa River. The King Talal dam was started in 1971, with the original construction being completed in 1977. In 1984, to meet the country's increased water demands, work to raise the dam further was begun, a project that was completed in 1988 at a cost of $90 million. The dam is named after King Talal of Jordan, a monarch who briefly reigned from July 20, 1951 to August 11, 1952.
The Zarqa River is the second largest tributary of the lower Jordan River, after the Yarmouk River. It is the third largest river in the region by annual discharge, and its watershed encompasses the most densely populated areas east of the Jordan River. It rises in springs near Amman, and flows through a deep and broad valley (which is identified with the biblical Jabbok River) into the Jordan, at an elevation 1,090 meters lower.
These are some bigger and more relevant cities in the wider vivinity of Burmā.
This place is known by different names. Here the ones we know: