in Amman Governorate, Jordan
- Amman-Marka International Airport (7 mi)
- Queen Alia International Airport (10 mi)
- King Hussein Air College (37 mi)
- Bar Yehuda Airfield (52 mi)
- Ben Gurion International Airport (66 mi)
- Sde Dov Airport (74 mi)
- Ben Ya'akov Airport (81 mi)
- Haifa International Airport (86 mi)
- Damascus International Airport (111 mi)
- Beirut Rafic Hariri International Airport (138 mi)
- Ovda International Airport (148 mi)
- Um er-Rasas (Kastrom Mefa'a) (Unesco heritage, 26 mi)
- Quseir Amra (Unesco heritage, 34 mi)
- Birthplace of Jesus: Church of the Nativity and the Pilgrimage Route, Bethlehem (Unesco heritage, 48 mi)
- Palestine: Land of Olives and Vines – Cultural Landscape of Southern Jerusalem, Battir (Unesco heritage, 52 mi)
- Ancient City of Bosra (Unesco heritage, 53 mi)
- Masada (Unesco heritage, 54 mi)
- Caves of Maresha and Bet-Guvrin in the Judean Lowlands as a Microcosm of the Land of the Caves (Unesco heritage, 68 mi)
- Biblical Tels - Megiddo, Hazor, Beer Sheba (Unesco heritage, 70 mi)
- White City of Tel-Aviv -- the Modern Movement (Unesco heritage, 73 mi)
- Sites of Human Evolution at Mount Carmel: The Nahal Me’arot / Wadi el-Mughara Caves (Unesco heritage, 82 mi)
- Decimal Coordinates (Latitude, Longitude):
- 31.870 and 36.005 (Lat./Lng.)
- Coordinates by Time:
- N 31° 52' 13" and E 36° 0' 17"
- Currency and Currency Code:
- Dinar - JOD
- Spoken languages:
- Arabic, English
- Local electricity:
- 230 V - 50 Hz (plugs: G)
- Mobile phone / cellular frequencies (MHz):
- 900 MHz, 1800 MHz, 3G, 4G
- Local Time: 09:50 AM (Sunday)
- Timezone: Asia/Amman
- UTC/GMT offset: 2 hours
- Sunrise and Sunset:
- 6:26 am and 5:13 pm
- Antipode Coordinates:
- -27.600 and -144.317 (Lat./Lng.)
- Closest place to antipode coordinates:
- This place on Wikipedia
- This place on Geonames.org
Safety Score: 3,3 of 5.0 based on data from 9 authorites. Meaning please reconsider your need to travel to Jordan.
Travel warnings are updated daily. Source: Travel Warning Jordan. Last Update: 2023-02-04 08:15:45
Delve into Saḩāb
Saḩāb in Amman Governorate with it's 40,241 habitants is located in Jordan a little south-east of Amman, the country's capital town.
Current time in Saḩāb is now 09:50 AM (Sunday). The local timezone is named Asia / Amman with an UTC offset of 2 hours. We know of 11 airports close to Saḩāb, of which 5 are larger airports. The closest airport in Jordan is Amman-Marka International Airport in a distance of 7 mi (or 11 km), North. Besides the airports, there are other travel options available (check left side).
There are several Unesco world heritage sites nearby. The closest heritage site in Jordan is Um er-Rasas (Kastrom Mefa'a) in a distance of 26 mi (or 42 km), South. If you need a hotel, we compiled a list of available hotels close to the map centre further down the page.
While being here, you might want to pay a visit to some of the following locations: Rujm ash Shami al Gharbi, Al Juwayyidah, Amman, Al Muwaqqar and Al `Abdalli. To further explore this place, just scroll down and browse the available info.
Local weather forecast
Todays Local Weather Conditions & Forecast: 9°C / 48 °F
|Morning Temperature||5°C / 42 °F|
|Evening Temperature||9°C / 48 °F|
|Night Temperature||8°C / 46 °F|
|Chance of rainfall||0%|
|Air Pressure||1014 hPa|
|Wind Speed||Fresh Breeze with 17 km/h (10 mph) from North-East|
|Cloud Conditions||Few clouds, covering 21% of sky|
|General Conditions||Light rain|
Monday, 6th of February 2023
6°C (42 °F)
5°C (40 °F)
Moderate rain, gale, scattered clouds.
Tuesday, 7th of February 2023
3°C (38 °F)
4°C (40 °F)
Light rain, strong breeze, overcast clouds.
Wednesday, 8th of February 2023
5°C (41 °F)
4°C (39 °F)
Light rain, fresh breeze, overcast clouds.
Hotels and Places to Stay
Crowne Plaza AMMAN
Regency Palace Amman
InterContinental Hotels AMMAN (JORDAN)
Century Park Hotel
DANA PLAZA HOTEL
Imperial Palace Hotel
ALQasr Metropole Hotel
Belle Vue Hotel
Amman West Hotel
Amman Cham Palace
Videos from this area
These are videos related to the place based on their proximity to this place.
Adhan - Islamic call to prayer in Amman Jordan - beautifull mystic voice and panorama
Dieses Video wurde über den Dächern Ammans in Jordanien im Mai 2009 aufgenommen und zeigt die ganze Mystik und Schönheit des Orients vor der Abenddämmerung.
Amman, Jordan, 20th-October-2013: Amman City Centre
The Hussaini Mosque the very centre of Amman city centre and the old town district. The clip shows the shops around some of the buildings are one hundred-years old. المسجد الحسيني...
Amman Street Food - Taboon Bread (aka: Laffa Pita)
This is delicious flatbread made in a tabun oven in Amman, Jordan. The location is right across the street from the Nymphaeum.
Panorama Electrical Elevator - Doors Drive System
Doors drive system depends on Rack and Pinion Mechanism on Car door. Such mechanism used to transform rotational motion from the door motor (DC Wiper Motor) to linear motion for doors ...
فرج قداح مع اشرف ابو الليل حفلة مهند السويطي 2
فرج قداح مع اشرف ابو الليل حفلة مهند السويطي عمان الاردن جبل الزهور افراح ال السويطي Farag Qdah and Ashraf Abu Al-lial...
Videos provided by Youtube are under the copyright of their owners.
Attractions and noteworthy things
Distances are based on the centre of the city/town and sightseeing location. This list contains brief abstracts about monuments, holiday activities, national parcs, museums, organisations and more from the area as well as interesting facts about the region itself. Where available, you'll find the corresponding homepage. Otherwise the related wikipedia article.
Sahab is a city in the Kingdom of Jordan, south east of the capital Amman. Sahab is well known for its Industrial Estate, the Islamic Cemetery, and Kahf of Raqeem site mentioned in the Qur'an. The earliest inhabitants in Sahab have immigrated mostly from Egypt during the era of the Ottoman Empire in the 1850s. Two major clans first inhabited the city: zyood (الزيود), and maharmah (المحارمة). a minority of migrant Egyptian workforce live and work in the area.
These are some bigger and more relevant cities in the wider vivinity of Saḩāb.
This place is known by different names. Here the ones we know:
Sehab, Saḩāb, سحاب, Сахаб