in Ma'an Governorate, Jordan
- Ein Yahav Airfield (43 mi)
- Yotvata Airfield (45 mi)
- Ovda International Airport (51 mi)
- Aqaba King Hussein International Airport (59 mi)
- Eilat Airport (64 mi)
- Taba International Airport (71 mi)
- Bar Yehuda Airfield (81 mi)
- Be'er Sheva (Teyman) Airport (96 mi)
- Queen Alia International Airport (107 mi)
- Ben Gurion International Airport (135 mi)
- Petra (Unesco heritage, 20 mi)
- Incense Route - Desert Cities in the Negev (Unesco heritage, 42 mi)
- Wadi Rum Protected Area (Unesco heritage, 42 mi)
- Masada (Unesco heritage, 80 mi)
- Um er-Rasas (Kastrom Mefa'a) (Unesco heritage, 91 mi)
- Caves of Maresha and Bet-Guvrin in the Judean Lowlands as a Microcosm of the Land of the Caves (Unesco heritage, 109 mi)
- Birthplace of Jesus: Church of the Nativity and the Pilgrimage Route, Bethlehem (Unesco heritage, 109 mi)
- Palestine: Land of Olives and Vines – Cultural Landscape of Southern Jerusalem, Battir (Unesco heritage, 111 mi)
- Quseir Amra (Unesco heritage, 122 mi)
- Decimal Coordinates (Latitude, Longitude):
- 30.196 and 35.734 (Lat./Lng.)
- Coordinates by Time:
- N 30° 11' 46" and E 35° 44' 2"
- Currency and Currency Code:
- Dinar - JOD
- Spoken languages:
- Arabic, English
- Local electricity:
- 230 V - 50 Hz (plugs: G)
- Mobile phone / cellular frequencies (MHz):
- 900 MHz, 1800 MHz, 3G, 4G
- Local Time: 07:38 PM (Wednesday)
- Timezone: Asia/Amman
- UTC/GMT offset: 2 hours
- Sunrise and Sunset:
- 6:42 am and 6:00 pm
- Antipode Coordinates:
- -27.600 and -144.317 (Lat./Lng.)
- Closest place to antipode coordinates:
- This place on Wikipedia
- This place on Geonames.org
Safety Score: 3,6 of 5.0 based on data from 9 authorites. Meaning please reconsider your need to travel to Jordan.
Travel warnings are updated daily. Source: Travel Warning Jordan. Last Update: 2021-06-16 08:28:49
Ma'an in Ma'an Governorate with it's 50,350 citizens is a city in Jordan about 122 mi (or 197 km) south of Amman, the country's capital city.
Local time in Ma'an is now 07:38 PM (Wednesday). The local timezone is named Asia / Amman with an UTC offset of 3 hours. We know of 10 airports in the vicinity of Ma'an, of which 3 are larger airports. The closest is airport we know is Ein Yahav Airfield in Israel in a distance of 43 mi (or 69 km). The closest airport in Jordan is Aqaba King Hussein International Airport in a distance of 59 mi (or 69 km), North-West. Besides the airports, there are other travel options available (check left side).
There are several Unesco world heritage sites nearby. The closest heritage site in Jordan is Petra in a distance of 20 mi (or 32 km), North-West.
When in this area, you might want to pay a visit to some of the following locations: Adhruh, Ayl, Al Murayghah, Petra and Ash Shawbak. To further explore this place, just scroll down and browse the available info.
Local weather forecast
Todays Local Weather Conditions & Forecast: 19°C / 67 °F
|Morning Temperature||12°C / 53 °F|
|Evening Temperature||17°C / 63 °F|
|Night Temperature||13°C / 55 °F|
|Chance of rainfall||0%|
|Air Pressure||1020 hPa|
|Wind Speed||Gentle Breeze with 6 km/h (4 mph) from South-East|
|Cloud Conditions||Overcast clouds, covering 100% of sky|
|General Conditions||Overcast clouds|
Thursday, 21st of October 2021
20°C (68 °F)
15°C (59 °F)
Few clouds, light breeze.
Friday, 22nd of October 2021
21°C (69 °F)
15°C (58 °F)
Sky is clear, gentle breeze, clear sky.
Saturday, 23rd of October 2021
18°C (65 °F)
14°C (57 °F)
Sky is clear, gentle breeze, clear sky.
Videos from this area
These are videos related to the place based on their proximity to this place.
ردني الى بلادي - الشوبك
"يعرض الفيديو صور للواء الشوبك - جنوب الاردن Nashama Ash shawbak Group http://www.facebook.com/groups/nashamaalshobak/ Ash shawbak , Ma'an . Jordan.
ورشة رسم المتحف المتنقل في محافظة معان
ورشة رسم #المتحف_المتنقل في محافظة #معان يوم الثلاثاء 24/2/2015,بالتعاون مع المتحف الوطني للفنون الجميلة, أحد...
الوصول إلى معان ليلاً
صورت لحظات وصولي إلى مدينتي الغالية معان ليلاً يوم 13.8.2014 ودخولي المدينة وصولاً لبيتنا في حي البيارة :) وعذراً...
حنا الفزعة - معان
نظراَ للظروف الجوية التي واجهت المملكة الاردنية الهاشمية في الاونة الاخيرة ومن منطلق حس الفرعة لدى الشباب...
Videos provided by Youtube are under the copyright of their owners.
Attractions and noteworthy things
Distances are based on the centre of the city/town and sightseeing location. This list contains brief abstracts about monuments, holiday activities, national parcs, museums, organisations and more from the area as well as interesting facts about the region itself. Where available, you'll find the corresponding homepage. Otherwise the related wikipedia article.
Ma'an is a city in southern Jordan, 218 kilometres southwest of the capital Amman. It serves as the capital of the Ma'an Governorate. Its population approximately 50,000. Civilizations with the name of Ma'an have existed at least since the Nabatean period—the modern city is just northwest of the ancient town. The city is an important transport hub situated on the ancient King's Highway and also on the modern Desert Highway.
These are some bigger and more relevant cities in the wider vivinity of Ma'an.
This place is known by different names. Here the ones we know:
Ahamant, Ma‘ān, معان, Ma'an, MPQ