in Madaba Governorate, Jordan
- Queen Alia International Airport (20 mi)
- Bar Yehuda Airfield (26 mi)
- Amman-Marka International Airport (35 mi)
- Be'er Sheva (Teyman) Airport (64 mi)
- Ben Gurion International Airport (64 mi)
- King Hussein Air College (65 mi)
- Ein Yahav Airfield (70 mi)
- Sde Dov Airport (73 mi)
- Ovda International Airport (119 mi)
- Damascus International Airport (139 mi)
- Beirut Rafic Hariri International Airport (161 mi)
- Um er-Rasas (Kastrom Mefa'a) (Unesco heritage, 8 mi)
- Masada (Unesco heritage, 28 mi)
- Birthplace of Jesus: Church of the Nativity and the Pilgrimage Route, Bethlehem (Unesco heritage, 37 mi)
- Palestine: Land of Olives and Vines – Cultural Landscape of Southern Jerusalem, Battir (Unesco heritage, 41 mi)
- Quseir Amra (Unesco heritage, 52 mi)
- Caves of Maresha and Bet-Guvrin in the Judean Lowlands as a Microcosm of the Land of the Caves (Unesco heritage, 53 mi)
- White City of Tel-Aviv -- the Modern Movement (Unesco heritage, 71 mi)
- Incense Route - Desert Cities in the Negev (Unesco heritage, 76 mi)
- Ancient City of Bosra (Unesco heritage, 81 mi)
- Petra (Unesco heritage, 83 mi)
- Decimal Coordinates (Latitude, Longitude):
- 31.499 and 35.784 (Lat./Lng.)
- Coordinates by Time:
- N 31° 29' 54" and E 35° 47' 2"
- Currency and Currency Code:
- Dinar - JOD
- Spoken languages:
- Arabic, English
- Local electricity:
- 230 V - 50 Hz (plugs: G)
- Mobile phone / cellular frequencies (MHz):
- 900 MHz, 1800 MHz, 3G, 4G
- Local Time: 09:42 AM (Wednesday)
- Timezone: Asia/Amman
- UTC/GMT offset: 2 hours
- Sunrise and Sunset:
- 5:55 am and 7:30 pm
- Antipode Coordinates:
- -27.600 and -144.317 (Lat./Lng.)
- Closest place to antipode coordinates:
- This place on Wikipedia
- This place on Geonames.org
Safety Score: 3,6 of 5.0 based on data from 9 authorites. Meaning please reconsider your need to travel to Jordan.
Travel warnings are updated daily. Source: Travel Warning Jordan. Last Update: 2021-06-16 08:28:49
Dhībān in Madaba Governorate is a place in Jordan about 33 mi (or 53 km) south of Amman, the country's capital city.
Current time in Dhībān is now 09:42 AM (Wednesday). The local timezone is named Asia / Amman with an UTC offset of 3 hours. We know of 11 airports near Dhībān, of which 5 are larger airports. The closest airport in Jordan is Queen Alia International Airport in a distance of 20 mi (or 32 km), North-East. Besides the airports, there are other travel options available (check left side).
There are several Unesco world heritage sites nearby. The closest heritage site in Jordan is Um er-Rasas (Kastrom Mefa'a) in a distance of 8 mi (or 13 km), East.
While being here, you might want to pay a visit to some of the following locations: Mulayh, Al Mughayyir, Umm ar Rasas, Al `Arid and Fuqu`. To further explore this place, just scroll down and browse the available info.
Local weather forecast
Todays Local Weather Conditions & Forecast: 34°C / 93 °F
|Morning Temperature||25°C / 77 °F|
|Evening Temperature||35°C / 95 °F|
|Night Temperature||29°C / 83 °F|
|Chance of rainfall||0%|
|Air Pressure||1009 hPa|
|Wind Speed||Moderate breeze with 11 km/h (7 mph) from South-East|
|Cloud Conditions||Clear sky, covering 0% of sky|
|General Conditions||Sky is clear|
Thursday, 5th of August 2021
34°C (94 °F)
31°C (87 °F)
Sky is clear, moderate breeze, clear sky.
Friday, 6th of August 2021
34°C (93 °F)
30°C (87 °F)
Sky is clear, gentle breeze, clear sky.
Saturday, 7th of August 2021
34°C (93 °F)
30°C (86 °F)
Sky is clear, gentle breeze, clear sky.
Videos from this area
These are videos related to the place based on their proximity to this place.
טיול לירדן עם גמלים - חולות נודדים
לפרטי התכנית:http://www.sands.co.il/avail.php?c=67 לפרטים נוספים: 03-6489992 המביט אל עבר הרי אדום מן הערבה הישראלית, בקטע המדובר,...
ירדן - תצפית על ים המלח באזור מצפה שלם בישראל ועל מצודת מכוור של הורדוס בירדן
Zahi Shaked A tour guide in Israel and his camera email@example.com 9726905522 tel סיור עם מורה הדרך ומדריך הטיולים צחי שקד 0546905522 My name is Zahi...
فيديو لمنطقة المغاريب / السلط تصوير حسين كتوعة A video taped by hussein Kato'a (8 years old) on the road to Al Maghareep - Sult.
2005 Jordanie, Le Wadi Mujuib, Canyon du Wadi Mujib, Fouilles de Um Rumssas, Um er-Rasas
Entre Kerak et Madaba, en remontant vers le Nord, deux beaux sites. Le Canyon du Wadi Mujib. WIKIPEDIA : Um er-Rasas (arabe : ʾumm ar-raṣāṣ, أم الرصاص, « mère du plomb »),...
Wadi Mujib ♥️♥️♥️
Каньон Вади-Муджиб нереально красивое, сказачное место. Сюда приезжает не так много туристов, но они есть....
Videos provided by Youtube are under the copyright of their owners.
Attractions and noteworthy things
Distances are based on the centre of the city/town and sightseeing location. This list contains brief abstracts about monuments, holiday activities, national parcs, museums, organisations and more from the area as well as interesting facts about the region itself. Where available, you'll find the corresponding homepage. Otherwise the related wikipedia article.
Dhiban is a Jordanian town located in Madaba Governorate, approximately 70 kilometers south of Amman and east of the Dead Sea. Previously nomadic, the modern community settled the town in the 1950s. Today, Dhiban is approximately 15000 members strong, with many working in the army, government agencies, or in seasonal agricultural production. A number of young people study in nearby universities in Karak, Madaba, and Amman. Most inhabitants practice Islam.
These are some bigger and more relevant cities in the wider vivinity of Dhībān.
- Al Mughayyir
- Umm ar Rasas
- Al `Arid
- Al Qasr
- Al Faysaliyah
- Al Jizah
- Umm al Basatin
- Ghawr al Mazra`ah
- Al Qatranah
- Rujm ash Shami al Gharbi
- Al Juwayyidah
- Ash Shunah al Janubiyah
- Al Mazar al Janubi
- Al Muwaqqar
- Wadi as Sir
- Al Husayniyah
- Al `Abdalli
This place is known by different names. Here the ones we know:
Diban, Dhībān, Diboun, ذيبان