in Madaba Governorate, Jordan
- Queen Alia International Airport (16 mi)
- Amman-Marka International Airport (25 mi)
- Bar Yehuda Airfield (32 mi)
- Ben Gurion International Airport (55 mi)
- King Hussein Air College (56 mi)
- Sde Dov Airport (63 mi)
- Be'er Sheva (Teyman) Airport (65 mi)
- Ein Yahav Airfield (80 mi)
- Damascus International Airport (128 mi)
- Ovda International Airport (129 mi)
- Beirut Rafic Hariri International Airport (149 mi)
- Um er-Rasas (Kastrom Mefa'a) (Unesco heritage, 17 mi)
- Birthplace of Jesus: Church of the Nativity and the Pilgrimage Route, Bethlehem (Unesco heritage, 31 mi)
- Masada (Unesco heritage, 34 mi)
- Palestine: Land of Olives and Vines – Cultural Landscape of Southern Jerusalem, Battir (Unesco heritage, 35 mi)
- Caves of Maresha and Bet-Guvrin in the Judean Lowlands as a Microcosm of the Land of the Caves (Unesco heritage, 50 mi)
- Quseir Amra (Unesco heritage, 51 mi)
- White City of Tel-Aviv -- the Modern Movement (Unesco heritage, 62 mi)
- Biblical Tels - Megiddo, Hazor, Beer Sheba (Unesco heritage, 71 mi)
- Ancient City of Bosra (Unesco heritage, 73 mi)
- Sites of Human Evolution at Mount Carmel: The Nahal Me’arot / Wadi el-Mughara Caves (Unesco heritage, 82 mi)
- Decimal Coordinates (Latitude, Longitude):
- 31.680 and 35.732 (Lat./Lng.)
- Coordinates by Time:
- N 31° 40' 48" and E 35° 43' 55"
- Currency and Currency Code:
- Dinar - JOD
- Spoken languages:
- Arabic, English
- Local electricity:
- 230 V - 50 Hz (plugs: G)
- Mobile phone / cellular frequencies (MHz):
- 900 MHz, 1800 MHz, 3G, 4G
- Local Time: 09:14 AM (Wednesday)
- Timezone: Asia/Amman
- UTC/GMT offset: 2 hours
- Sunrise and Sunset:
- 5:55 am and 7:30 pm
- Antipode Coordinates:
- -27.600 and -144.317 (Lat./Lng.)
- Closest place to antipode coordinates:
- This place on Geonames.org
Safety Score: 3,6 of 5.0 based on data from 9 authorites. Meaning please reconsider your need to travel to Jordan.
Travel warnings are updated daily. Source: Travel Warning Jordan. Last Update: 2021-06-16 08:28:49
Mā‘īn in Madaba Governorate is a town in Jordan about 23 mi (or 37 km) south-west of Amman, the country's capital city.
Current time in Mā‘īn is now 09:14 AM (Wednesday). The local timezone is named Asia / Amman with an UTC offset of 3 hours. We know of 11 airports near Mā‘īn, of which 5 are larger airports. The closest airport in Jordan is Queen Alia International Airport in a distance of 16 mi (or 25 km), East. Besides the airports, there are other travel options available (check left side).
There are several Unesco world heritage sites nearby. The closest heritage site in Jordan is Um er-Rasas (Kastrom Mefa'a) in a distance of 17 mi (or 27 km), South-East. Looking for a place to stay? we compiled a list of available hotels close to the map centre further down the page.
When in this area, you might want to pay a visit to some of the following locations: Ma'daba, Al Faysaliyah, Juraynah, Mulayh and Hisban. To further explore this place, just scroll down and browse the available info.
Local weather forecast
Todays Local Weather Conditions & Forecast: 34°C / 93 °F
|Morning Temperature||25°C / 77 °F|
|Evening Temperature||35°C / 95 °F|
|Night Temperature||29°C / 83 °F|
|Chance of rainfall||0%|
|Air Pressure||1009 hPa|
|Wind Speed||Moderate breeze with 11 km/h (7 mph) from South-East|
|Cloud Conditions||Clear sky, covering 0% of sky|
|General Conditions||Sky is clear|
Thursday, 5th of August 2021
34°C (94 °F)
31°C (87 °F)
Sky is clear, moderate breeze, clear sky.
Friday, 6th of August 2021
34°C (93 °F)
30°C (87 °F)
Sky is clear, gentle breeze, clear sky.
Saturday, 7th of August 2021
34°C (93 °F)
30°C (86 °F)
Sky is clear, gentle breeze, clear sky.
Hotels and Places to Stay
EVASON MAIN HOT SPRINGS
Grand Hotel Madaba
Saint John Hotel
MOSAIC CITY HOTEL
Videos from this area
These are videos related to the place based on their proximity to this place.
Madaba & Monte Nebo - Jordania #3
El 3er día de ruta en Jordania nos lleva al bíblico Monte Nebo y a visitar la ciudad de Madaba donde se encuentra la iglesia ortodoxa de San Jorge. La historia bíblica del último capítulo...
King Abdullah in Madaba 11oct2010.wmv
king abdullah in madaba- latin patriarchate high school for girls.
Holy Land Mosaic at Madaba, Jordan
This mosaic was discovered 120 years ago when work was taking place at Madaba, Jordan to build a Greek Orthodox church on the site of a Byzantine church. The mosaic is a map of the Holy Land.
Madaba, Mount Nebo, and the Hot Springs - Madaba, Jordan (hotsprings; madaba; jordan)
A TripAdvisor™ TripWow video of a travel blog to Madaba, Jordan by TravelPod blogger Ashleyheacock. See this TripWow and more at http://tripwow.tripadvisor.com/tripwow/ta-00c0-1f5e-da5b?ytv4=1.
Ancient Churches and Mosaics in Madaba Marytangram's photos around Madaba, Jordan (travel pics)
Preview of Marytangram's blog at TravelPod. Read the full blog here: http://www.travelpod.com/travel-blog-entries/marytangram/1/1245219014/tpod.html This blog preview was made by TravelPod...
(1133)The Madaba Map in the church of Saint George at Madaba, Jordan 3
This Saint George church is famous for the Madaba Map in Jordan =)
Videos provided by Youtube are under the copyright of their owners.
These are some bigger and more relevant cities in the wider vivinity of Mā‘īn.
- Al Faysaliyah
- Al `Arid
- Umm al Basatin
- Al Jizah
- Ash Shunah al Janubiyah
- Umm ar Rasas
- Al Mughayyir
- Wadi as Sir
- Al Juwayyidah
- Rujm ash Shami al Gharbi
- Al Fuhays
- Al `Abdalli
- As Salt
- Al Qasr
- Al Jubayhah
- `Ayn al Basha
- Al Muwaqqar
- Ar Rusayfah
This place is known by different names. Here the ones we know:
Mā‘on, Mā‘ain, Mā‘īn, ماعين