in Madaba Governorate, Jordan
- Queen Alia International Airport (13 mi)
- Amman-Marka International Airport (20 mi)
- Bar Yehuda Airfield (37 mi)
- King Hussein Air College (51 mi)
- Ben Gurion International Airport (55 mi)
- Sde Dov Airport (63 mi)
- Be'er Sheva (Teyman) Airport (69 mi)
- Ben Ya'akov Airport (86 mi)
- Damascus International Airport (123 mi)
- Ovda International Airport (134 mi)
- Beirut Rafic Hariri International Airport (144 mi)
- Um er-Rasas (Kastrom Mefa'a) (Unesco heritage, 19 mi)
- Birthplace of Jesus: Church of the Nativity and the Pilgrimage Route, Bethlehem (Unesco heritage, 33 mi)
- Palestine: Land of Olives and Vines – Cultural Landscape of Southern Jerusalem, Battir (Unesco heritage, 38 mi)
- Masada (Unesco heritage, 39 mi)
- Quseir Amra (Unesco heritage, 48 mi)
- Caves of Maresha and Bet-Guvrin in the Judean Lowlands as a Microcosm of the Land of the Caves (Unesco heritage, 52 mi)
- White City of Tel-Aviv -- the Modern Movement (Unesco heritage, 62 mi)
- Biblical Tels - Megiddo, Hazor, Beer Sheba (Unesco heritage, 68 mi)
- Ancient City of Bosra (Unesco heritage, 68 mi)
- Sites of Human Evolution at Mount Carmel: The Nahal Me’arot / Wadi el-Mughara Caves (Unesco heritage, 79 mi)
- Decimal Coordinates (Latitude, Longitude):
- 31.749 and 35.769 (Lat./Lng.)
- Coordinates by Time:
- N 31° 44' 56" and E 35° 46' 9"
- Currency and Currency Code:
- Dinar - JOD
- Spoken languages:
- Arabic, English
- Local electricity:
- 230 V - 50 Hz (plugs: G)
- Mobile phone / cellular frequencies (MHz):
- 900 MHz, 1800 MHz, 3G, 4G
- Local Time: 07:26 AM (Saturday)
- Timezone: Asia/Amman
- UTC/GMT offset: 2 hours
- Sunrise and Sunset:
- 6:34 am and 5:03 pm
- Antipode Coordinates:
- -27.600 and -144.317 (Lat./Lng.)
- Closest place to antipode coordinates:
- This place on Wikipedia
- This place on Geonames.org
Safety Score: 3,7 of 5.0 based on data from 9 authorites. Meaning please reconsider your need to travel to Jordan.
Travel warnings are updated daily. Source: Travel Warning Jordan. Last Update: 2021-01-22 08:22:59
Discover Al Fayşalīyah
Al Fayşalīyah in Madaba Governorate is a place in Jordan about 18 mi (or 28 km) south-west of Amman, the country's capital city.
Current time in Al Fayşalīyah is now 07:26 AM (Saturday). The local timezone is named Asia / Amman with an UTC offset of 2 hours. We know of 11 airports near Al Fayşalīyah, of which 5 are larger airports. The closest airport in Jordan is Queen Alia International Airport in a distance of 13 mi (or 21 km), East. Besides the airports, there are other travel options available (check left side).
There are several Unesco world heritage sites nearby. The closest heritage site in Jordan is Um er-Rasas (Kastrom Mefa'a) in a distance of 19 mi (or 31 km), South-East. If you need a hotel, we compiled a list of available hotels close to the map centre further down the page.
While being here, you might want to pay a visit to some of the following locations: Juraynah, Ma'daba, Hisban, Ma`in and Umm al Basatin. To further explore this place, just scroll down and browse the available info.
Local weather forecast
Todays Local Weather Conditions & Forecast: 9°C / 49 °F
|Morning Temperature||4°C / 39 °F|
|Evening Temperature||10°C / 50 °F|
|Night Temperature||7°C / 45 °F|
|Chance of rainfall||0%|
|Air Pressure||1022 hPa|
|Wind Speed||Fresh Breeze with 14 km/h (9 mph) from North-West|
|Cloud Conditions||Clear sky, covering 0% of sky|
|General Conditions||Sky is clear|
Sunday, 24th of January 2021
11°C (51 °F)
8°C (46 °F)
Broken clouds, light breeze.
Monday, 25th of January 2021
12°C (54 °F)
7°C (45 °F)
Sky is clear, calm, clear sky.
Tuesday, 26th of January 2021
14°C (57 °F)
11°C (52 °F)
Broken clouds, gentle breeze.
Hotels and Places to Stay
EVASON MAIN HOT SPRINGS
Grand Hotel Madaba
Saint John Hotel
MOSAIC CITY HOTEL
Videos from this area
These are videos related to the place based on their proximity to this place.
Madaba & Monte Nebo - Jordania #3
El 3er día de ruta en Jordania nos lleva al bíblico Monte Nebo y a visitar la ciudad de Madaba donde se encuentra la iglesia ortodoxa de San Jorge. La historia bíblica del último capítulo...
Holy Land Mosaic at Madaba, Jordan
This mosaic was discovered 120 years ago when work was taking place at Madaba, Jordan to build a Greek Orthodox church on the site of a Byzantine church. The mosaic is a map of the Holy Land.
Madaba, Mount Nebo, and the Hot Springs - Madaba, Jordan (hotsprings; madaba; jordan)
A TripAdvisor™ TripWow video of a travel blog to Madaba, Jordan by TravelPod blogger Ashleyheacock. See this TripWow and more at http://tripwow.tripadvisor.com/tripwow/ta-00c0-1f5e-da5b?ytv4=1.
Ancient Churches and Mosaics in Madaba Marytangram's photos around Madaba, Jordan (travel pics)
Preview of Marytangram's blog at TravelPod. Read the full blog here: http://www.travelpod.com/travel-blog-entries/marytangram/1/1245219014/tpod.html This blog preview was made by TravelPod...
(1133)The Madaba Map in the church of Saint George at Madaba, Jordan 3
This Saint George church is famous for the Madaba Map in Jordan =)
Videos provided by Youtube are under the copyright of their owners.
Attractions and noteworthy things
Distances are based on the centre of the city/town and sightseeing location. This list contains brief abstracts about monuments, holiday activities, national parcs, museums, organisations and more from the area as well as interesting facts about the region itself. Where available, you'll find the corresponding homepage. Otherwise the related wikipedia article.
Madaba, is the capital city of Madaba Governorate in central Jordan, which has a population of about 60,000. It is best known for its Byzantine and Umayyad mosaics, especially a large Byzantine-era mosaic map of The Holy Land. Madaba is located 30 kilometers south-west of the capital Amman.
The Madaba Map (also known as the Madaba Mosaic Map) is part of a floor mosaic in the early Byzantine church of Saint George at Madaba, Jordan. The Madaba Map is a map of the Middle East. Part of it contains the oldest surviving original cartographic depiction of the Holy Land and especially Jerusalem. It dates to the 6th century AD.
These are some bigger and more relevant cities in the wider vivinity of Al Fayşalīyah.
This place is known by different names. Here the ones we know:
Kefeir el Wekhyan, Kufeir el Wakhyān, Kufayr al Wakhyān, Al Fayşalīyah, الفيصلية