in Amman Governorate, Jordan
- Queen Alia International Airport (8 mi)
- Amman-Marka International Airport (18 mi)
- Bar Yehuda Airfield (40 mi)
- King Hussein Air College (48 mi)
- Ben Gurion International Airport (60 mi)
- Sde Dov Airport (68 mi)
- Be'er Sheva (Teyman) Airport (74 mi)
- Ben Ya'akov Airport (87 mi)
- Damascus International Airport (121 mi)
- Ovda International Airport (136 mi)
- Beirut Rafic Hariri International Airport (145 mi)
- Um er-Rasas (Kastrom Mefa'a) (Unesco heritage, 17 mi)
- Birthplace of Jesus: Church of the Nativity and the Pilgrimage Route, Bethlehem (Unesco heritage, 38 mi)
- Masada (Unesco heritage, 42 mi)
- Quseir Amra (Unesco heritage, 43 mi)
- Palestine: Land of Olives and Vines – Cultural Landscape of Southern Jerusalem, Battir (Unesco heritage, 43 mi)
- Caves of Maresha and Bet-Guvrin in the Judean Lowlands as a Microcosm of the Land of the Caves (Unesco heritage, 57 mi)
- Ancient City of Bosra (Unesco heritage, 65 mi)
- White City of Tel-Aviv -- the Modern Movement (Unesco heritage, 67 mi)
- Biblical Tels - Megiddo, Hazor, Beer Sheba (Unesco heritage, 71 mi)
- Sites of Human Evolution at Mount Carmel: The Nahal Me’arot / Wadi el-Mughara Caves (Unesco heritage, 82 mi)
- Decimal Coordinates (Latitude, Longitude):
- 31.747 and 35.854 (Lat./Lng.)
- Coordinates by Time:
- N 31° 44' 49" and E 35° 51' 15"
- Currency and Currency Code:
- Dinar - JOD
- Spoken languages:
- Arabic, English
- Local electricity:
- 230 V - 50 Hz (plugs: G)
- Mobile phone / cellular frequencies (MHz):
- 900 MHz, 1800 MHz, 3G, 4G
- Local Time: 11:34 PM (Sunday)
- Timezone: Asia/Amman
- UTC/GMT offset: 2 hours
- Sunrise and Sunset:
- 5:33 am and 7:45 pm
- Antipode Coordinates:
- -27.600 and -144.317 (Lat./Lng.)
- Closest place to antipode coordinates:
- This place on Geonames.org
Safety Score: 3,3 of 5.0 based on data from 9 authorites. Meaning please reconsider your need to travel to Jordan.
Travel warnings are updated daily. Source: Travel Warning Jordan. Last Update: 2022-06-26 08:02:53
Manjā in Amman Governorate is a city in Jordan about 15 mi (or 25 km) south of Amman, the country's capital city.
Local time in Manjā is now 11:34 PM (Sunday). The local timezone is named Asia / Amman with an UTC offset of 3 hours. We know of 11 airports in the vicinity of Manjā, of which 5 are larger airports. The closest airport in Jordan is Queen Alia International Airport in a distance of 8 mi (or 13 km), East. Besides the airports, there are other travel options available (check left side).
There are several Unesco world heritage sites nearby. The closest heritage site in Jordan is Um er-Rasas (Kastrom Mefa'a) in a distance of 17 mi (or 28 km), South. Looking for a place to stay? we compiled a list of available hotels close to the map centre further down the page.
When in this area, you might want to pay a visit to some of the following locations: Juraynah, Hisban, Ma'daba, Umm al Basatin and Al Faysaliyah. To further explore this place, just scroll down and browse the available info.
Local weather forecast
Todays Local Weather Conditions & Forecast: 26°C / 79 °F
|Morning Temperature||17°C / 63 °F|
|Evening Temperature||27°C / 80 °F|
|Night Temperature||22°C / 71 °F|
|Chance of rainfall||0%|
|Air Pressure||1012 hPa|
|Wind Speed||Moderate breeze with 12 km/h (8 mph) from South-East|
|Cloud Conditions||Few clouds, covering 12% of sky|
|General Conditions||Few clouds|
Monday, 27th of June 2022
27°C (81 °F)
22°C (72 °F)
Sky is clear, moderate breeze, clear sky.
Tuesday, 28th of June 2022
27°C (81 °F)
25°C (76 °F)
Sky is clear, gentle breeze, clear sky.
Wednesday, 29th of June 2022
28°C (83 °F)
25°C (77 °F)
Sky is clear, moderate breeze, clear sky.
Hotels and Places to Stay
EVASON MAIN HOT SPRINGS
Grand Hotel Madaba
Saint John Hotel
MOSAIC CITY HOTEL
Videos from this area
These are videos related to the place based on their proximity to this place.
Madaba, Jordan - Church bells rings on Good Friday (Holy Friday, Easter Friday Black Friday)
Zahi Shaked A tour guide in Israel and his camera firstname.lastname@example.org 9726905522 tel סיור עם מורה הדרך ומדריך הטיולים צחי שקד 0546905522 My name is Zahi...
Madaba & Monte Nebo - Jordania #3
El 3er día de ruta en Jordania nos lleva al bíblico Monte Nebo y a visitar la ciudad de Madaba donde se encuentra la iglesia ortodoxa de San Jorge. La historia bíblica del último capítulo...
05 Jordan - Madaba & Mosaic Museum
A tour of Madaba, Jordan - an important place in biblical history.
Madaba, Mount Nebo, and the Hot Springs - Madaba, Jordan (hotsprings; madaba; jordan)
A TripAdvisor™ TripWow video of a travel blog to Madaba, Jordan by TravelPod blogger Ashleyheacock. See this TripWow and more at http://tripwow.tripadvisor.com/tripwow/ta-00c0-1f5e-da5b?ytv4=1.
Ancient Churches and Mosaics in Madaba Marytangram's photos around Madaba, Jordan (travel pics)
Preview of Marytangram's blog at TravelPod. Read the full blog here: http://www.travelpod.com/travel-blog-entries/marytangram/1/1245219014/tpod.html This blog preview was made by TravelPod...
Modern Mosaic's in the St. George's Church in Madaba
A selection of mosaics created by the students of the mosaic school at the St. George's Church in Madaba.
(1133)The Madaba Map in the church of Saint George at Madaba, Jordan 3
This Saint George church is famous for the Madaba Map in Jordan =)
Videos provided by Youtube are under the copyright of their owners.
Attractions and noteworthy things
Distances are based on the centre of the city/town and sightseeing location. This list contains brief abstracts about monuments, holiday activities, national parcs, museums, organisations and more from the area as well as interesting facts about the region itself. Where available, you'll find the corresponding homepage. Otherwise the related wikipedia article.
King’s Academy is a co-educational private boarding school that opened its doors in August 2007 in Madaba-Manja, Jordan. It is named in honor of King Abdullah II of Jordan. King Abdullah attended high school at Deerfield Academy in the United States as there was no school of comparable standing in Jordan when he was a boy, but his son Crown Prince Hussein was a member of the new school's first intake. The new school's first headmaster, Dr. Eric Widmer, was a former headmaster of Deerfield.
These are some bigger and more relevant cities in the wider vivinity of Manjā.
This place is known by different names. Here the ones we know:
Menja, Manjā, منجا