in Amman Governorate, Jordan
- Queen Alia International Airport (3 mi)
- Amman-Marka International Airport (19 mi)
- Bar Yehuda Airfield (42 mi)
- King Hussein Air College (49 mi)
- Ben Gurion International Airport (66 mi)
- Sde Dov Airport (75 mi)
- Be'er Sheva (Teyman) Airport (78 mi)
- Ein Yahav Airfield (87 mi)
- Damascus International Airport (123 mi)
- Ovda International Airport (136 mi)
- Beirut Rafic Hariri International Airport (149 mi)
- Um er-Rasas (Kastrom Mefa'a) (Unesco heritage, 14 mi)
- Quseir Amra (Unesco heritage, 38 mi)
- Masada (Unesco heritage, 44 mi)
- Birthplace of Jesus: Church of the Nativity and the Pilgrimage Route, Bethlehem (Unesco heritage, 44 mi)
- Palestine: Land of Olives and Vines – Cultural Landscape of Southern Jerusalem, Battir (Unesco heritage, 48 mi)
- Caves of Maresha and Bet-Guvrin in the Judean Lowlands as a Microcosm of the Land of the Caves (Unesco heritage, 63 mi)
- Ancient City of Bosra (Unesco heritage, 64 mi)
- White City of Tel-Aviv -- the Modern Movement (Unesco heritage, 73 mi)
- Biblical Tels - Megiddo, Hazor, Beer Sheba (Unesco heritage, 77 mi)
- Sites of Human Evolution at Mount Carmel: The Nahal Me’arot / Wadi el-Mughara Caves (Unesco heritage, 89 mi)
- Decimal Coordinates (Latitude, Longitude):
- 31.699 and 35.955 (Lat./Lng.)
- Coordinates by Time:
- N 31° 41' 56" and E 35° 57' 19"
- Currency and Currency Code:
- Dinar - JOD
- Spoken languages:
- Arabic, English
- Local electricity:
- 230 V - 50 Hz (plugs: G)
- Mobile phone / cellular frequencies (MHz):
- 900 MHz, 1800 MHz, 3G, 4G
- Local Time: 05:36 PM (Tuesday)
- Timezone: Asia/Amman
- UTC/GMT offset: 2 hours
- Sunrise and Sunset:
- 5:31 am and 7:37 pm
- Antipode Coordinates:
- -27.600 and -144.317 (Lat./Lng.)
- Closest place to antipode coordinates:
- This place on Geonames.org
Safety Score: 3,3 of 5.0 based on data from 9 authorites. Meaning please reconsider your need to travel to Jordan.
Travel warnings are updated daily. Source: Travel Warning Jordan. Last Update: 2020-06-02 07:23:05
Touring Al Jīzah
Al Jīzah in Amman Governorate with it's 4,397 residents is a town located in Jordan about 18 mi (or 29 km) south of Amman, the country's capital place.
Time in Al Jīzah is now 05:36 PM (Tuesday). The local timezone is named Asia / Amman with an UTC offset of 3 hours. We know of 11 airports nearby Al Jīzah, of which 5 are larger airports. The closest airport in Jordan is Queen Alia International Airport in a distance of 3 mi (or 4 km), North-East. Besides the airports, there are other travel options available (check left side).
There are several Unesco world heritage sites nearby. The closest heritage site in Jordan is Um er-Rasas (Kastrom Mefa'a) in a distance of 14 mi (or 22 km), South. Need some hints on where to stay? We compiled a list of available hotels close to the map centre further down the page.
Being here already, you might want to pay a visit to some of the following locations: Rujm ash Shami al Gharbi, Umm al Basatin, Ma'daba, Juraynah and Hisban. To further explore this place, just scroll down and browse the available info.
Local weather forecast
Todays Local Weather Conditions & Forecast: 31°C / 88 °F
|Morning Temperature||20°C / 68 °F|
|Evening Temperature||24°C / 76 °F|
|Night Temperature||17°C / 63 °F|
|Chance of rainfall||0%|
|Air Pressure||1007 hPa|
|Wind Speed||Moderate breeze with 10 km/h (6 mph) from North-East|
|Cloud Conditions||Clear sky, covering 0% of sky|
|General Conditions||Sky is clear|
Wednesday, 3rd of June 2020
22°C (71 °F)
18°C (64 °F)
Sky is clear, gentle breeze, clear sky.
Thursday, 4th of June 2020
26°C (79 °F)
20°C (67 °F)
Sky is clear, light breeze, clear sky.
Friday, 5th of June 2020
27°C (81 °F)
21°C (69 °F)
Sky is clear, light breeze, clear sky.
Hotels and Places to Stay
Videos from this area
These are videos related to the place based on their proximity to this place.
05 Jordan - Madaba & Mosaic Museum
A tour of Madaba, Jordan - an important place in biblical history.
Photo compilation from our trip to Jordan; Amman, Jerash, Petra, Wadi Rum, Aqaba, Dead Sea.
►◄Landing @ Queen Alia International Airport-Amman, Jordan►◄
Landing @ Queen Alia International Airport-Amman, Jordan.
hitman 2 :المرحلة الثانية
لايك اشتراك مفضلة اذا عجبكم الفيديو رح انزل تختيم رزدنت ايفل 4 بس مو تختيم عادي رح اختمها بأستخدام سكين...
scorpions of Jordan
scorpions in Jordan ... wadi mosa & alhesha.. it took me about 5 minutes to collected 10 scorpions . . .
טיול לירדן עם גמלים - חולות נודדים
לפרטי התכנית:http://www.sands.co.il/avail.php?c=67 לפרטים נוספים: 03-6489992 המביט אל עבר הרי אדום מן הערבה הישראלית, בקטע המדובר,...
Amman -Jordan : ((Abassi Palace Hotel))
welcom to :Abbasi palace hotel -amman jordan have fun in our hotel which is in the heart of Amman -the capital of jordan :)
Videos provided by Youtube are under the copyright of their owners.
Attractions and noteworthy things
Distances are based on the centre of the city/town and sightseeing location. This list contains brief abstracts about monuments, holiday activities, national parcs, museums, organisations and more from the area as well as interesting facts about the region itself. Where available, you'll find the corresponding homepage. Otherwise the related wikipedia article.
Queen Alia International Airport
Queen Alia International Airport is Jordan's largest airport and is situated in the Zizya (زيزياء) area, 20 miles (32 km) south of Amman. The airport has three terminals: two passenger terminals and one cargo terminal. It is the main hub of Royal Jordanian Airlines, the national flag carrier, as well as being a major hub for Jordan Aviation. It was built in 1983 and is named after Queen Alia, the third wife of the late King Hussein of Jordan who died in a helicopter crash in 1977.
These are some bigger and more relevant cities in the wider vivinity of Al Jīzah.
This place is known by different names. Here the ones we know:
Ziza, Jīze, Jîza, Al Jīzah, Jīzah, الجيزة, جيزة