in Amman Governorate, Jordan
- Queen Alia International Airport (4 mi)
- Amman-Marka International Airport (16 mi)
- Bar Yehuda Airfield (43 mi)
- King Hussein Air College (46 mi)
- Ben Gurion International Airport (64 mi)
- Sde Dov Airport (72 mi)
- Be'er Sheva (Teyman) Airport (78 mi)
- Ben Ya'akov Airport (88 mi)
- Damascus International Airport (120 mi)
- Ovda International Airport (138 mi)
- Beirut Rafic Hariri International Airport (146 mi)
- Um er-Rasas (Kastrom Mefa'a) (Unesco heritage, 17 mi)
- Quseir Amra (Unesco heritage, 38 mi)
- Birthplace of Jesus: Church of the Nativity and the Pilgrimage Route, Bethlehem (Unesco heritage, 43 mi)
- Masada (Unesco heritage, 46 mi)
- Palestine: Land of Olives and Vines – Cultural Landscape of Southern Jerusalem, Battir (Unesco heritage, 48 mi)
- Caves of Maresha and Bet-Guvrin in the Judean Lowlands as a Microcosm of the Land of the Caves (Unesco heritage, 62 mi)
- Ancient City of Bosra (Unesco heritage, 62 mi)
- White City of Tel-Aviv -- the Modern Movement (Unesco heritage, 71 mi)
- Biblical Tels - Megiddo, Hazor, Beer Sheba (Unesco heritage, 73 mi)
- Sites of Human Evolution at Mount Carmel: The Nahal Me’arot / Wadi el-Mughara Caves (Unesco heritage, 85 mi)
- Decimal Coordinates (Latitude, Longitude):
- 31.748 and 35.939 (Lat./Lng.)
- Coordinates by Time:
- N 31° 44' 51" and E 35° 56' 18"
- Currency and Currency Code:
- Dinar - JOD
- Spoken languages:
- Arabic, English
- Local electricity:
- 230 V - 50 Hz (plugs: G)
- Mobile phone / cellular frequencies (MHz):
- 900 MHz, 1800 MHz, 3G, 4G
- Local Time: 03:59 PM (Tuesday)
- Timezone: Asia/Amman
- UTC/GMT offset: 2 hours
- Sunrise and Sunset:
- 6:48 am and 5:52 pm
- Antipode Coordinates:
- -27.600 and -144.317 (Lat./Lng.)
- Closest place to antipode coordinates:
- This place on Geonames.org
Safety Score: 3,6 of 5.0 based on data from 9 authorites. Meaning please reconsider your need to travel to Jordan.
Travel warnings are updated daily. Source: Travel Warning Jordan. Last Update: 2021-06-16 08:28:49
Discover Al Qasţal
Al Qasţal in Amman Governorate is a city in Jordan about 14 mi (or 23 km) south of Amman, the country's capital city.
Local time in Al Qasţal is now 03:59 PM (Tuesday). The local timezone is named Asia / Amman with an UTC offset of 3 hours. We know of 11 airports in the vicinity of Al Qasţal, of which 5 are larger airports. The closest airport in Jordan is Queen Alia International Airport in a distance of 4 mi (or 6 km), South-East. Besides the airports, there are other travel options available (check left side).
There are several Unesco world heritage sites nearby. The closest heritage site in Jordan is Um er-Rasas (Kastrom Mefa'a) in a distance of 17 mi (or 27 km), South. Looking for a place to stay? we compiled a list of available hotels close to the map centre further down the page.
When in this area, you might want to pay a visit to some of the following locations: Al Jizah, Umm al Basatin, Rujm ash Shami al Gharbi, Hisban and Sahab. To further explore this place, just scroll down and browse the available info.
Local weather forecast
Todays Local Weather Conditions & Forecast: 22°C / 71 °F
|Morning Temperature||13°C / 55 °F|
|Evening Temperature||19°C / 66 °F|
|Night Temperature||15°C / 59 °F|
|Chance of rainfall||0%|
|Air Pressure||1015 hPa|
|Wind Speed||Gentle Breeze with 8 km/h (5 mph) from East|
|Cloud Conditions||Clear sky, covering 0% of sky|
|General Conditions||Sky is clear|
Wednesday, 27th of October 2021
21°C (70 °F)
16°C (60 °F)
Sky is clear, moderate breeze, clear sky.
Thursday, 28th of October 2021
20°C (69 °F)
16°C (60 °F)
Sky is clear, moderate breeze, clear sky.
Friday, 29th of October 2021
22°C (72 °F)
16°C (62 °F)
Overcast clouds, light breeze.
Hotels and Places to Stay
Videos from this area
These are videos related to the place based on their proximity to this place.
05 Jordan - Madaba & Mosaic Museum
A tour of Madaba, Jordan - an important place in biblical history.
Amman Softball League: Akinori-san Dances, Doubles
Amman Softball League, Summer Week 4: Akinori Okada dances to his team's cheers, then doubles. From an exhibition game between JICA & Peace Corps, July 6, 2007, in Amman, Jordan.
Photo compilation from our trip to Jordan; Amman, Jerash, Petra, Wadi Rum, Aqaba, Dead Sea.
►◄Landing @ Queen Alia International Airport-Amman, Jordan►◄
Landing @ Queen Alia International Airport-Amman, Jordan.
#شاهد مخلوق غريب في الاردن
شخص بشكل غريب جدا تم تصويره من طلاب في جامعة خاصة وهو يقف على الاشارات و بعض الممرات والشوارع نرجو الحذر...
hitman 2 :المرحلة الثانية
لايك اشتراك مفضلة اذا عجبكم الفيديو رح انزل تختيم رزدنت ايفل 4 بس مو تختيم عادي رح اختمها بأستخدام سكين...
Videos provided by Youtube are under the copyright of their owners.
Attractions and noteworthy things
Distances are based on the centre of the city/town and sightseeing location. This list contains brief abstracts about monuments, holiday activities, national parcs, museums, organisations and more from the area as well as interesting facts about the region itself. Where available, you'll find the corresponding homepage. Otherwise the related wikipedia article.
Al Qastal, Jordan
Al Qastalis a town in the Amman Governorate of northern Jordan. Originally established as an Umayyad settlement, it remains the oldest and most complete such settlement in the Near East The remains of the minaret at Qastal is especially important as it is the only one extant from the Umayyad period, making it one of the oldest minarets in the world. Qasr Al Qastal, also located within the town, is considered one of the desert castles and is just 5 km from Qasr Mshatta.
These are some bigger and more relevant cities in the wider vivinity of Al Qasţal.
This place is known by different names. Here the ones we know:
Kastal, El Qastel, El Qasṭal, Al Qasţal, القسطل