in Jerash Governorate, Jordan
- Amman-Marka International Airport (20 mi)
- King Hussein Air College (24 mi)
- Queen Alia International Airport (36 mi)
- Ben Ya'akov Airport (54 mi)
- Ben Gurion International Airport (60 mi)
- Haifa International Airport (63 mi)
- Kiryat Shmona Airport (69 mi)
- Bar Yehuda Airfield (69 mi)
- Damascus International Airport (89 mi)
- Ancient City of Bosra (Unesco heritage, 40 mi)
- Biblical Tels - Megiddo, Hazor, Beer Sheba (Unesco heritage, 47 mi)
- Quseir Amra (Unesco heritage, 51 mi)
- Um er-Rasas (Kastrom Mefa'a) (Unesco heritage, 51 mi)
- Birthplace of Jesus: Church of the Nativity and the Pilgrimage Route, Bethlehem (Unesco heritage, 54 mi)
- Palestine: Land of Olives and Vines – Cultural Landscape of Southern Jerusalem, Battir (Unesco heritage, 57 mi)
- Sites of Human Evolution at Mount Carmel: The Nahal Me’arot / Wadi el-Mughara Caves (Unesco heritage, 61 mi)
- Old City of Acre (Unesco heritage, 66 mi)
- Bahá’i Holy Places in Haifa and the Western Galilee (Unesco heritage, 67 mi)
- Masada (Unesco heritage, 71 mi)
- Decimal Coordinates (Latitude, Longitude):
- 32.239 and 35.876 (Lat./Lng.)
- Coordinates by Time:
- N 32° 14' 20" and E 35° 52' 35"
- Currency and Currency Code:
- Dinar - JOD
- Spoken languages:
- Arabic, English
- Local electricity:
- 230 V - 50 Hz (plugs: G)
- Mobile phone / cellular frequencies (MHz):
- 900 MHz, 1800 MHz, 3G, 4G
- Local Time: 06:04 AM (Friday)
- Timezone: Asia/Amman
- UTC/GMT offset: 2 hours
- Sunrise and Sunset:
- 5:52 am and 4:47 pm
- Antipode Coordinates:
- -27.600 and -144.317 (Lat./Lng.)
- Closest place to antipode coordinates:
- This place on Geonames.org
Safety Score: 3,6 of 5.0 based on data from 9 authorites. Meaning please reconsider your need to travel to Jordan.
Travel warnings are updated daily. Source: Travel Warning Jordan. Last Update: 2020-10-29 08:32:26
‘Amāmah in Jerash Governorate is located in Jordan about 20 mi (or 32 km) north of Amman, the country's capital.
Local time in ‘Amāmah is now 06:04 AM (Friday). The local timezone is named Asia / Amman with an UTC offset of 2 hours. We know of 9 airports in the wider vicinity of ‘Amāmah, of which 3 are larger airports. The closest airport in Jordan is Amman-Marka International Airport in a distance of 20 mi (or 32 km), South. Besides the airports, there are other travel options available (check left side).
There are several Unesco world heritage sites nearby. The closest heritage site is Ancient City of Bosra in Syria at a distance of 40 mi (or 65 km). The closest in Jordan is Quseir Amra in a distance of 51 mi (or 65 km), North-East.
Depending on your travel schedule, you might want to pay a visit to some of the following locations: Jarash, Al Mastabah, Burma, Sakhrah and 'Ajlun. To further explore this place, just scroll down and browse the available info.
Local weather forecast
Todays Local Weather Conditions & Forecast: 29°C / 84 °F
|Morning Temperature||16°C / 61 °F|
|Evening Temperature||23°C / 74 °F|
|Night Temperature||18°C / 64 °F|
|Chance of rainfall||0%|
|Air Pressure||1015 hPa|
|Wind Speed||Light breeze with 3 km/h (2 mph) from North|
|Cloud Conditions||Broken clouds, covering 73% of sky|
|General Conditions||Broken clouds|
Saturday, 31st of October 2020
28°C (82 °F)
17°C (62 °F)
Sky is clear, calm, clear sky.
Sunday, 1st of November 2020
25°C (76 °F)
16°C (60 °F)
Broken clouds, light breeze.
Monday, 2nd of November 2020
25°C (76 °F)
16°C (62 °F)
Light rain, calm, clear sky.
Videos from this area
These are videos related to the place based on their proximity to this place.
Roman city of Gerasa at Jerash - Jordan
An extensive look around the Roman city of Gerasa at Jerash. Jordan (Country),اَلأُرْدُنّ,Al-ʾUrdunn,Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan,Kingdom of Jordan,اَلمَمْلَكَة اَلأُ...
Roman Ruins at Jerash, Jordan
Jerash was one of the pleasant surprises of our trip. The ruins show remains of a large city, and the best preserved of any the many Roman sites visited throughout Turkey and the Mideast....
Theatre in Jerash
Roman Theatre in Jerash (northern Jordan) - a good example of roman architecture in these areas.
The ancient city of Jerash
Our visit to the roman city of Jerash in Jordan. With all the highlights.
المدرسة الدولية للتماسك الداخلي ومهارات الحياة
Launch of the Resiliency and Life skills International School (RLIS) Project - Jerash- Jordan إلى أطفالنا وشبابنا : نحبكم جمعية أًصدقاء التنمية والاس...
الشاعر السعودي د.يوسف حسن العارف بصوت علي طه النوباني
حبيبتنا http://habibatuna.blogspot.com/ قصائد لفضاء الذات الشاعر السعودي د.يوسف حسن العارف بصوت علي طه النوباني نبذهـ...
Videos provided by Youtube are under the copyright of their owners.
Attractions and noteworthy things
Distances are based on the centre of the city/town and sightseeing location. This list contains brief abstracts about monuments, holiday activities, national parcs, museums, organisations and more from the area as well as interesting facts about the region itself. Where available, you'll find the corresponding homepage. Otherwise the related wikipedia article.
Jerash, the Gerasa of Antiquity, is the capital and largest city of Jerash Governorate (محافظة جرش), which is situated in the north of Jordan, 48 kilometres north of the capital Amman towards Syria. Jerash Governorate's geographical features vary from cold mountains to fertile valleys from 250 to 300 metres (to ft) above sea level, suitable for growing a wide variety of crops.
Jerash is one of the governorates of Jordan; it is located north of Amman, Jordan's capital. It carrys the name of its capital and largest city, Jerash City. Jerash Governorate has the smallest area of the 12 governorates of Jordan, yet it has the second highest density in Jordan after Irbid Governorate. Jerash Governorate is ranked 7th by population.
These are some bigger and more relevant cities in the wider vivinity of ‘Amāmah.
This place is known by different names. Here the ones we know: