in Provincia di Grosseto of Tuscany, Italy
- Grosseto Airport (22 mi)
- Siena / Ampugnano Airport (23 mi)
- Marina Di Campo Airport (39 mi)
- Pisa / San Giusto - Galileo Galilei International Airport (51 mi)
- Firenze / Peretola Airport (55 mi)
- Lucca / Tassignano Airport (56 mi)
- Arezzo Airport (56 mi)
- Massa Cinquale Airport (75 mi)
- Bologna / Borgo Panigale Airport (105 mi)
- Leonardo Da Vinci (Fiumicino) International Airport (110 mi)
- Ciampino Airport (122 mi)
- Verona / Villafranca Airport (162 mi)
- Historic Centre of Siena (Unesco heritage, 29 mi)
- Historic Centre of San Gimignano (Unesco heritage, 30 mi)
- Val d'Orcia (Unesco heritage, 33 mi)
- Historic Centre of the City of Pienza (Unesco heritage, 40 mi)
- Historic Centre of Florence (Unesco heritage, 53 mi)
- Piazza del Duomo, Pisa (Unesco heritage, 53 mi)
- Medici Villas and Gardens in Tuscany (Unesco heritage, 60 mi)
- Portovenere, Cinque Terre, and the Islands (Palmaria, Tino and Tinetto) (Unesco heritage, 94 mi)
- Etruscan Necropolises of Cerveteri and Tarquinia (Unesco heritage, 95 mi)
- Cathedral, Torre Civica and Piazza Grande, Modena (Unesco heritage, 110 mi)
- Acqua Village (amusement park, (10 mi)
- Parco Avventura Cieloverde (amusement park, (24 mi)
- Cavallino Matto (amusement park, (20 mi)
- Aquarium Mondo Marino (zoo, (4 mi)
- Decimal Coordinates (Latitude, Longitude):
- 43.048 and 10.893 (Lat./Lng.)
- Coordinates by Time:
- N 43° 2' 52" and E 10° 53' 34"
- Currency and Currency Code:
- Euro - EUR
- Spoken languages:
- Italian, German, French, Sardinian, Catalan, Corsican, Slovenian
- Local electricity:
- 230 V - 50 Hz (plugs: G)
- Mobile phone / cellular frequencies (MHz):
- 900 MHz, 1800 MHz, 3G, 4G
- Local Time: 02:18 AM (Sunday)
- Timezone: Europe/Rome
- UTC/GMT offset: 1 hours
- Sunrise and Sunset:
- 7:08 am and 7:06 pm
- Antipode Coordinates:
- -43.733 and -176.350 (Lat./Lng.)
- Closest place to antipode coordinates:
- This place on Geonames.org
Safety Score: 3,5 of 5.0 based on data from 9 authorites. Meaning please reconsider your need to travel to Italy.
Travel warnings are updated daily. Source: Travel Warning Italy. Last Update: 2021-06-16 08:28:49
Delve into Massa Marittima
Massa Marittima in Provincia di Grosseto (Tuscany) with it's 5,707 habitants is a town located in Italy about 115 mi (or 185 km) north-west of Rome, the country's capital town.
Time in Massa Marittima is now 02:18 AM (Sunday). The local timezone is named Europe / Rome with an UTC offset of 2 hours. We know of 12 airports closer to Massa Marittima, of which 5 are larger airports. The closest airport in Italy is Grosseto Airport in a distance of 22 mi (or 35 km), South-East. Besides the airports, there are other travel options available (check left side).
There are several Unesco world heritage sites nearby. The closest heritage site in Italy is Historic Centre of Siena in a distance of 29 mi (or 47 km), North-East. We saw 4 points of interest near this location. In need of a room? We compiled a list of available hotels close to the map centre further down the page.
Since you are here already, you might want to pay a visit to some of the following locations: Monterotondo Marittimo, Gavorrano, Scarlino, Montieri and Castelnuovo di Val di Cecina. To further explore this place, just scroll down and browse the available info.
Local weather forecast
Todays Local Weather Conditions & Forecast: 25°C / 78 °F
|Morning Temperature||21°C / 70 °F|
|Evening Temperature||23°C / 73 °F|
|Night Temperature||22°C / 71 °F|
|Chance of rainfall||3%|
|Air Pressure||1020 hPa|
|Wind Speed||Moderate breeze with 9 km/h (6 mph) from North-West|
|Cloud Conditions||Overcast clouds, covering 98% of sky|
|General Conditions||Light rain|
Monday, 27th of September 2021
26°C (79 °F)
20°C (69 °F)
Light rain, gentle breeze, scattered clouds.
Tuesday, 28th of September 2021
28°C (82 °F)
21°C (70 °F)
Sky is clear, light breeze, clear sky.
Wednesday, 29th of September 2021
26°C (79 °F)
20°C (68 °F)
Light rain, moderate breeze, clear sky.
Hotels and Places to Stay
Pian dei Mucini Resort
La Fenice Park Hotel
Cordial Hotel & Golf Resort Pelagone
Hotel Il Sole
Duca del Mare Hotel
PIAN DEI MUCINI RESORT
Palazzo Malfatti Residenza D'Epoca
La Locanda del Minatore
Videos from this area
These are videos related to the place based on their proximity to this place.
Massa Marittima 1 MTB Full HD [1080p]
Part 1 of 4 - Entergaulment 2011The Film - Bike Movie - Mountainbike Toscany Italy - with the famous canyon bob trail - la Pesta Maremma Toskana Toscana singletrail Cross country Freeride XC...
Massa Marittima 3 - canyon MTB Full HD [1080p]
Part 3 of 4 - Entergaulment 2011The Film - Mountainbike Toscany Italy - with the famous canyon bob trail Maremma Toskana Toscana singletrail Cross country Freeride XC helmet camera helmkamera.
La Siégià Wellness Relais - Massa Marittima - Grosseto
La Siégià Relais Wellness & Spa è il luogo ideale dove trascorrere le proprie vacanze all'insegna di un ritrovato benessere psicofisico. La struttura è immersa nel verde, tra le meravigliose...
Massa Marittima 2 - colline MTB Full HD [1080p]
Part 2 of 4 - Entergaulment 2011The Film - Mountainbike Toscany Italy - colline metallifere eisenerzgrube schwefelschuttgrube monte arsenti tour schuttcanyon Maremma Toskana Toscana singletrail...
2013-06 Massa Marittima - Piccola Squadra
Piccola Squadra 3^ fascia - XVI Giochi Giovanili - Massa Marittima.
Trailer Entergaulment Massa Marittima MTB Full HD [1080p]
Bike Movie - Singletrail Cross country XC helmet camera helmkamera camera casco GOPRO Hero - Canyon Nerve XC9, Trek Fuel EX 9.0, Ghost AMR 7500, KTM Prowler, KTM Lycan, Cube AMR.
Massa Marittima - 360° Panorama View Piazza Garibaldi
View from the romanesque-gothic Dome San Cerbone; one of the the most beautiful place in Tuscany; Movie taken June 2009; bella cittá; uno dei luoghi più belli della Toscana; Colline Metallifere...
Cessa del Cicalino - Massa Marittima
Cessa della Tenuta del Cicalino a Massa Marittima. Molto bella.
Videos provided by Youtube are under the copyright of their owners.
Attractions and noteworthy things
Distances are based on the centre of the city/town and sightseeing location. This list contains brief abstracts about monuments, holiday activities, national parcs, museums, organisations and more from the area as well as interesting facts about the region itself. Where available, you'll find the corresponding homepage. Otherwise the related wikipedia article.
Massa Marittima Cathedral
Massa Marittima Cathedral (Italian: Cattedrale di San Cerbone), dedicated to Saint Cerbonius, is the principal church of Massa Marittima, Tuscany, Italy, and the seat of the Diocese of Massa Marittima.
Ghirlanda is a village in Tuscany, central Italy, administratively a frazione of the comune of Massa Marittima, province of Grosseto, in the area of the Colline Metallifere. At the time of the 2001 census its population amounted to 173. Ghirlanda is about 48 km from Grosseto and 2 km from Massa Marittima, and it is situated on the northern slopes of the hill of Massa.
Niccioleta is a village in Tuscany, central Italy, administratively a frazione of the comune of Massa Marittima, province of Grosseto, in the area of the Colline Metallifere. At the time of the 2001 census its population amounted to 248. Niccioleta is about 54 km from Grosseto and 5 km from Massa Marittima, and it is situated on a hill rich of mines of calamine and pyrite. The town is known for the slaughter of civilians performed by the fascists between 13 and 14 June 1944.
Valpiana is a village in Tuscany, central Italy, administratively a frazione of the comune of Massa Marittima, province of Grosseto, in the area of the Colline Metallifere. At the time of the 2001 census its population amounted to 453. Valpiana is about 45 km from Grosseto and 7 km from Massa Marittima. It was an ancient industrial centre of medieval Maremma and its first furnaces were built by Tollo degli Albizzeschi, father of more known saint Bernardino degli Albizzeschi.
These are some bigger and more relevant cities in the wider vivinity of Massa Marittima.
- Monterotondo Marittimo
- Castelnuovo di Val di Cecina
- Monteverdi Marittimo
- Campiglia Marittima
- Castiglione della Pescaia
- Castagneto Carducci
- Casole d'Elsa
- San Vincenzo
- Casale Marittimo
- Montecatini Val di Cecina
- Civitella Marittima
This place is known by different names. Here the ones we know: