in Province of Rome of Latium, Italy
- Ciampino Airport (8 mi)
- Latina Airport (16 mi)
- Leonardo Da Vinci (Fiumicino) International Airport (25 mi)
- Frosinone Military Airport (30 mi)
- Rieti Airport (49 mi)
- Pescara International Airport (90 mi)
- Perugia / San Egidio Airport (96 mi)
- Nápoli / Capodichino International Airport (100 mi)
- Pisa / San Giusto - Galileo Galilei International Airport (180 mi)
- Historic Centre of Rome, the Properties of the Holy See in that City Enjoying Extraterritorial Rights and San Paolo Fuori le Mura (Unesco heritage, 16 mi)
- Villa Adriana (Tivoli) (Unesco heritage, 16 mi)
- Villa d'Este, Tivoli (Unesco heritage, 17 mi)
- Vatican City (Unesco heritage, 18 mi)
- Etruscan Necropolises of Cerveteri and Tarquinia (Unesco heritage, 37 mi)
- Assisi, the Basilica of San Francesco and Other Franciscan Sites (Unesco heritage, 93 mi)
- 18th-Century Royal Palace at Caserta with the Park, the Aqueduct of Vanvitelli, and the San Leucio Complex (Unesco heritage, 95 mi)
- Historic Centre of Naples (Unesco heritage, 100 mi)
- Historic Centre of the City of Pienza (Unesco heritage, 108 mi)
- Val d'Orcia (Unesco heritage, 110 mi)
- Soffypark (amusement park, (9 mi)
- Sognolabio (amusement park, (14 mi)
- Erawan (amusement park, (14 mi)
- Panorama dal Monte Cavo (observation point, (2 mi)
- Rainbow Magicland (amusement park, (13 mi)
- Tuscolo (observation point, (5 mi)
- Il Fantastico Mondo del Fantastico (amusement park, (14 mi)
- FUFILAND - Parco Giochi (amusement park, (11 mi)
- Aquapiper (amusement park, (19 mi)
- Eurpark Adventure (amusement park, (15 mi)
- Decimal Coordinates (Latitude, Longitude):
- 41.722 and 12.718 (Lat./Lng.)
- Coordinates by Time:
- N 41° 43' 18" and E 12° 43' 5"
- Currency and Currency Code:
- Euro - EUR
- Spoken languages:
- Italian, German, French, Sardinian, Catalan, Corsican, Slovenian
- Local electricity:
- 230 V - 50 Hz (plugs: G)
- Mobile phone / cellular frequencies (MHz):
- 900 MHz, 1800 MHz, 3G, 4G
- Local Time: 04:53 PM (Friday)
- Timezone: Europe/Rome
- UTC/GMT offset: 1 hours
- Sunrise and Sunset:
- 5:34 am and 8:42 pm
- Antipode Coordinates:
- -43.733 and -176.350 (Lat./Lng.)
- Closest place to antipode coordinates:
- This place on Geonames.org
Safety Score: 3,0 of 5.0 based on data from 9 authorites. Meaning we advice caution when travelling to Italy.
Travel warnings are updated daily. Source: Travel Warning Italy. Last Update: 2023-06-09 08:01:32
Delve into Nemi
Nemi in Province of Rome (Latium) with it's 1,156 habitants is a town located in Italy about 16 mi (or 26 km) south-east of Rome, the country's capital town.
Time in Nemi is now 04:53 PM (Friday). The local timezone is named Europe / Rome with an UTC offset of 2 hours. We know of 9 airports closer to Nemi, of which 4 are larger airports. The closest airport in Italy is Ciampino Airport in a distance of 8 mi (or 13 km), North-West. Besides the airports, there are other travel options available (check left side).
There are several Unesco world heritage sites nearby. The closest heritage site is Historic Centre of Rome, the Properties of the Holy See in that City Enjoying Extraterritorial Rights and San Paolo Fuori le Mura in Vatican at a distance of 16 mi (or 26 km). The closest in Italy is Villa Adriana (Tivoli) in a distance of 16 mi (or 26 km), North-West. We saw 10 points of interest near this location. In need of a room? We compiled a list of available hotels close to the map centre further down the page.
Since you are here already, you might want to pay a visit to some of the following locations: Genzano di Roma, Ariccia, Rocca di Papa, Lanuvio and Albano Laziale. To further explore this place, just scroll down and browse the available info.
Local weather forecast
Todays Local Weather Conditions & Forecast: 26°C / 78 °F
|Morning Temperature||18°C / 65 °F|
|Evening Temperature||22°C / 72 °F|
|Night Temperature||20°C / 68 °F|
|Chance of rainfall||0%|
|Air Pressure||1013 hPa|
|Wind Speed||Gentle Breeze with 8 km/h (5 mph) from North-East|
|Cloud Conditions||Broken clouds, covering 79% of sky|
|General Conditions||Broken clouds|
Saturday, 10th of June 2023
24°C (75 °F)
19°C (67 °F)
Light rain, light breeze, scattered clouds.
Sunday, 11th of June 2023
26°C (79 °F)
20°C (67 °F)
Light rain, gentle breeze, scattered clouds.
Monday, 12th of June 2023
24°C (76 °F)
19°C (66 °F)
Moderate rain, light breeze, overcast clouds.
Hotels and Places to Stay
Pietra di Ponente Residenza d epoca
Castel Vecchio Hotel
Grand Hotel Villa Tuscolana
Park Hotel Villa Grazioli
Grand Hotel Helio Cabala
Locanda dello Spuntino
Villa Abbamer Hospitality and Culture
Villa Degli Angeli
Ristorante Hotel Squarciarelli
Videos from this area
These are videos related to the place based on their proximity to this place.
Salita miracolosa di Rocca di Papa svelata da Renzo Mondaini
Strada statale 218 che collega Ariccia a Rocca di Papa in provincia di Roma, anche questa salita miracolosa non è altro che un'illusione ottica, dovuta alla mancanza di un'orizzone di pianura....
RISTORANTE IL GUARDIANONE ROCCA DI PAPA (ROMA)
RISTORANTE IL GUARDIANONE http://www.ristorante-il-guardianone.com KM 12600 V. DEI LAGHI Tel 0039069495252 ?n ambiente molto accogliente.La cucina ?ipica regionale e propone piatti ...
Finale FCR 2014 - Genzano di Roma
Una sintesi con i momenti più salienti ed emozionanti della finale del 6 settembre 2014 al Palazzetto "Gino Cesaroni" di Genzano.
I Sentori - Ristorante Genzano - Vista Panoramica sul Lago
Il Ristorante i Sentori si trova a Genzano di Roma, in via F.lli Cervi, 1. La nostra filosofia e' basata sul rispetto della Cucina ,quella con la C maiuscola,quella delle nostre radici,delle...
Nemi - Carlo Manni
Video Maker - Carlo Manni Nemi è un comune italiano di 2.026 abitanti, della provincia di Roma nel Lazio. Posizionato quasi al centro dei Colli Albani, a 521 m s.l.m., Nemi è il comune più...
Santuario di Diana Nemorense (walkthrough)
Nel comune di Nemi, perse nel "Nemus Aricino", sorgono le vestigia di un tempio monumentale dedicato alla Dea Diana. La storia di queste rovine inizia nel IV secolo a.c. Con la costruzione...
attraverso l'emissario del Lago di Nemi
L'Emissario del Lago di Nemi è un cunicolo lungo 1.635 metri e largo 80 cm, con h min di circa 1 m in vari tratti, scavato nella roccia basaltica, che congiunge il sacro lago di Nemi alla...
Videos provided by Youtube are under the copyright of their owners.
Attractions and noteworthy things
Distances are based on the centre of the city/town and sightseeing location. This list contains brief abstracts about monuments, holiday activities, national parcs, museums, organisations and more from the area as well as interesting facts about the region itself. Where available, you'll find the corresponding homepage. Otherwise the related wikipedia article.
Lake Nemi is a small circular volcanic lake in the Lazio region of Italy 30 km south of Rome, taking its name from Nemi, the largest town in the area, that overlooks it from a height.
The Alban Hills are the site of a quiescent volcanic complex in Italy, located 20 km southeast of Rome and about 24 kilometres north of Anzio. The dominant peak (but not the highest) is Monte Cavo at 950 m. There are two small calderas which contain lakes, Lago Albano and Lake Nemi. The rock of the hills is called Peperino (lapis albanus) a particular Tuff, a combination of ash and small rocks that is useful for construction, and provides a mineral-rich substrate for grape vines.
The Nemi Ships were ships built by the Roman emperor Caligula in the 1st century AD at Lake Nemi. Although the purpose of the ships is only speculated on, the larger ship was essentially an elaborate floating palace, which contained quantities of marble, mosaic floors, heating and plumbing such as baths among its amenities. Both ships featured technology long thought to be recent inventions.
The Castelli Romani ("Castles of Rome") is a group of communes in the province of Rome, Italy. They are located at short distance south-east to Rome, at the feet of the Alban Hills.
Monte Cavo, or less occasionally, "Monte Albano," is the second highest mountain of the complex of the Alban Hills, near Rome, Italy. An old volcano extinguished around 10,000 years ago, it lies about 20 km from the sea, in the territory of the comune of Rocca di Papa. It is the dominant peak of the Alban Hills. The current name comes from Cabum, an Italic settlement existing on this mountain.
These are some bigger and more relevant cities in the wider vivinity of Nemi.
- Genzano di Roma
- Rocca di Papa
- Albano Laziale
- Rocca Priora
- Castel Gandolfo
- Monte Porzio Catone
- San Cesareo
- Cisterna di Latina
- Gallicano nel Lazio
- Rocca Massima
- Castel San Pietro Romano
Ariccia, Ariccia (source)
Webcams provided by webcam.travel are under the copyright of their owners.
This place is known by different names. Here the ones we know: