in Province of Rome of Latium, Italy
- Ciampino Airport (10 mi)
- Latina Airport (14 mi)
- Leonardo Da Vinci (Fiumicino) International Airport (25 mi)
- Frosinone Military Airport (30 mi)
- Rieti Airport (51 mi)
- Pescara International Airport (91 mi)
- Perugia / San Egidio Airport (98 mi)
- Nápoli / Capodichino International Airport (99 mi)
- Pisa / San Giusto - Galileo Galilei International Airport (181 mi)
- Historic Centre of Rome, the Properties of the Holy See in that City Enjoying Extraterritorial Rights and San Paolo Fuori le Mura (Unesco heritage, 18 mi)
- Villa Adriana (Tivoli) (Unesco heritage, 18 mi)
- Villa d'Este, Tivoli (Unesco heritage, 19 mi)
- Vatican City (Unesco heritage, 20 mi)
- Etruscan Necropolises of Cerveteri and Tarquinia (Unesco heritage, 39 mi)
- 18th-Century Royal Palace at Caserta with the Park, the Aqueduct of Vanvitelli, and the San Leucio Complex (Unesco heritage, 94 mi)
- Assisi, the Basilica of San Francesco and Other Franciscan Sites (Unesco heritage, 95 mi)
- Historic Centre of Naples (Unesco heritage, 99 mi)
- Historic Centre of the City of Pienza (Unesco heritage, 109 mi)
- Val d'Orcia (Unesco heritage, 112 mi)
- Zoomarine (amusement park, (14 mi)
- Soffypark (amusement park, (7 mi)
- Sognolabio (amusement park, (14 mi)
- Erawan (amusement park, (14 mi)
- Panorama dal Monte Cavo (observation point, (4 mi)
- Rainbow Magicland (amusement park, (13 mi)
- Tuscolo (observation point, (7 mi)
- Il Fantastico Mondo del Fantastico (amusement park, (16 mi)
- FUFILAND - Parco Giochi (amusement park, (10 mi)
- Eurpark Adventure (amusement park, (16 mi)
- Decimal Coordinates (Latitude, Longitude):
- 41.693 and 12.721 (Lat./Lng.)
- Coordinates by Time:
- N 41° 41' 33" and E 12° 43' 14"
- Currency and Currency Code:
- Euro - EUR
- Spoken languages:
- Italian, German, French, Sardinian, Catalan, Corsican, Slovenian
- Local electricity:
- 230 V - 50 Hz (plugs: G)
- Mobile phone / cellular frequencies (MHz):
- 900 MHz, 1800 MHz, 3G, 4G
- Local Time: 03:25 PM (Saturday)
- Timezone: Europe/Rome
- UTC/GMT offset: 1 hours
- Sunrise and Sunset:
- 5:38 am and 8:34 pm
- Antipode Coordinates:
- -43.733 and -176.350 (Lat./Lng.)
- Closest place to antipode coordinates:
- This place on Geonames.org
Safety Score: 3,1 of 5.0 based on data from 9 authorites. Meaning please reconsider your need to travel to Italy.
Travel warnings are updated daily. Source: Travel Warning Italy. Last Update: 2022-05-28 08:21:35
Discover Appia Nord
Appia Nord in Province of Rome (Latium) with it's 94 citizens is a town in Italy about 17 mi (or 28 km) south-east of Rome, the country's capital city.
Current time in Appia Nord is now 03:25 PM (Saturday). The local timezone is named Europe / Rome with an UTC offset of 2 hours. We know of 9 airports near Appia Nord, of which 4 are larger airports. The closest airport in Italy is Ciampino Airport in a distance of 10 mi (or 16 km), North-West. Besides the airports, there are other travel options available (check left side).
There are several Unesco world heritage sites nearby. The closest heritage site is Historic Centre of Rome, the Properties of the Holy See in that City Enjoying Extraterritorial Rights and San Paolo Fuori le Mura in Vatican at a distance of 18 mi (or 29 km). The closest in Italy is Villa Adriana (Tivoli) in a distance of 18 mi (or 29 km), North-West. We discovered 10 points of interest in the vicinity of this place. Looking for a place to stay? we compiled a list of available hotels close to the map centre further down the page.
When in this area, you might want to pay a visit to some of the following locations: Nemi, Lanuvio, Genzano di Roma, Ariccia and Velletri. To further explore this place, just scroll down and browse the available info.
Local weather forecast
Todays Local Weather Conditions & Forecast: 27°C / 81 °F
|Morning Temperature||21°C / 69 °F|
|Evening Temperature||19°C / 65 °F|
|Night Temperature||18°C / 65 °F|
|Chance of rainfall||7%|
|Air Pressure||1007 hPa|
|Wind Speed||Moderate breeze with 10 km/h (6 mph) from North|
|Cloud Conditions||Scattered clouds, covering 48% of sky|
|General Conditions||Moderate rain|
Sunday, 29th of May 2022
24°C (76 °F)
18°C (65 °F)
Scattered clouds, gentle breeze.
Monday, 30th of May 2022
27°C (80 °F)
19°C (66 °F)
Few clouds, gentle breeze.
Tuesday, 31st of May 2022
28°C (83 °F)
21°C (71 °F)
Broken clouds, gentle breeze.
Hotels and Places to Stay
Castel Vecchio Hotel
Villa Degli Angeli
Grand Hotel Helio Cabala
Hotel La Culla del Lago
Diana Park Hotel
Aga Guest Residence
Videos from this area
These are videos related to the place based on their proximity to this place.
C.EDI.R. spa GENZANO DI ROMA (ROMA)
C.EDI.R. spa http://www.paginegialle.it/cedir-rm 109, v. Appia Vecchia Tel 06 9377283 Fax 06 9377319, 06 9376956 C.EDI.R a Genzano di Roma nei Castelli romani è a Roma e nella sua provincia...
ROCK PER UN BAMBINO 2013 - Servizio Tg9 su T9 di Emanuele Carioti - 15/05/2013
http://www.t9tv.com/ ROCK PER UN BAMBINO 2013 - Servizio Tg9 su T9 di Emanuele Carioti - 15/05/2013 - L'evento si svolge il 25 maggio 2013 al Palacesaroni a Genzano di Roma.
IlMatteo - vaga e minimale da Presunte attitudini
2° Festival dei Castelli Romani - Genzano di Roma IlMatteo, l'ospite della 4ª tappa, presenta "vaga e minimale" , estratta dal suo EP "presunte attitudini", accompagnato dagli Àlea. https://ww...
attraverso l'emissario del Lago di Nemi
L'Emissario del Lago di Nemi è un cunicolo lungo 1.635 metri e largo 80 cm, con h min di circa 1 m in vari tratti, scavato nella roccia basaltica, che congiunge il sacro lago di Nemi alla...
molix 08/06/2013 Lago di Nemi
Incontro con Molix presso il Lago di Nemi organizzato da Pescaplanet ed Evofishing.
Videos provided by Youtube are under the copyright of their owners.
Attractions and noteworthy things
Distances are based on the centre of the city/town and sightseeing location. This list contains brief abstracts about monuments, holiday activities, national parcs, museums, organisations and more from the area as well as interesting facts about the region itself. Where available, you'll find the corresponding homepage. Otherwise the related wikipedia article.
Lake Nemi is a small circular volcanic lake in the Lazio region of Italy 30 km south of Rome, taking its name from Nemi, the largest town in the area, that overlooks it from a height.
The Alban Hills are the site of a quiescent volcanic complex in Italy, located 20 km southeast of Rome and about 24 kilometres north of Anzio. The dominant peak (but not the highest) is Monte Cavo at 950 m. There are two small calderas which contain lakes, Lago Albano and Lake Nemi. The rock of the hills is called Peperino (lapis albanus) a particular Tuff, a combination of ash and small rocks that is useful for construction, and provides a mineral-rich substrate for grape vines.
Lanuvium (more frequently Lanivium in Imperial Roman times, later Civita Lavinia, modern Lanuvio) is an ancient city of Latium (Latin: Lānŭuĭum or Lānĭuĭum), some 32 km southeast of Rome, a little southwest of the Via Appia. Lanuvium was situated on an isolated hill projecting south from the main mass of the Alban Hills, and commanding an extensive view over the low country between it and the sea. According to the legend, it was founded by Diomedes, or by one Lanoios, an exiled from Troy.
The Nemi Ships were ships built by the Roman emperor Caligula in the 1st century AD at Lake Nemi. Although the purpose of the ships is only speculated on, the larger ship was essentially an elaborate floating palace, which contained quantities of marble, mosaic floors, heating and plumbing such as baths among its amenities. Both ships featured technology long thought to be recent inventions.
Monte Cavo, or less occasionally, "Monte Albano," is the second highest mountain of the complex of the Alban Hills, near Rome, Italy. An old volcano extinguished around 10,000 years ago, it lies about 20 km from the sea, in the territory of the comune of Rocca di Papa. It is the dominant peak of the Alban Hills. The current name comes from Cabum, an Italic settlement existing on this mountain.
These are some bigger and more relevant cities in the wider vivinity of Appia Nord.
- Genzano di Roma
- Albano Laziale
- Rocca di Papa
- Rocca Priora
- Castel Gandolfo
- Monte Porzio Catone
- Cisterna di Latina
- San Cesareo
- Rocca Massima
- Gallicano nel Lazio
Ariccia, Ariccia (source)
Webcams provided by webcam.travel are under the copyright of their owners.
This place is known by different names. Here the ones we know: