in Mathews County of Virginia, United States
- Newport News Williamsburg International Airport (23 mi)
- Norfolk International Airport (38 mi)
- Richmond International Airport (55 mi)
- Salisbury Ocean City Wicomico Regional Airport (76 mi)
- Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport (105 mi)
- Washington Dulles International Airport (121 mi)
- Baltimore/Washington International Thurgood Marshal Airport (122 mi)
- Rocky Mount Wilson Regional Airport (140 mi)
- Monticello and the University of Virginia in Charlottesville (Unesco heritage, 76 mi)
- Piankatank River Golf Club (Golf course, 10 mi)
- Gloucester Country Club (Golf course, 12 mi)
- The Tides Inn (Golf course, 16 mi)
- The Tartan Golf Course (Golf course, 17 mi)
- Indian Creek Country Club (Golf course, 19 mi)
- Westfields Golf Club (Golf course, 19 mi)
- Bay Creek Resort & Golf Club (Golf course, 20 mi)
- Northampton Country Club (Golf course, 20 mi)
- Newport News Golf Club at Deer Run (Golf course, 21 mi)
- Eaglewood Golf Club (Golf course, 24 mi)
- Chesapeake Cove Marina (marina, (8 mi)
- Club on Fishing Bay Marina (marina, (7 mi)
- Ginney Point Marina (marina, (8 mi)
- Prowler Marina (marina, (8 mi)
- Decimal Coordinates (Latitude, Longitude):
- 37.437 and -76.320 (Lat./Lng.)
- Coordinates by Time:
- N 37° 26' 13" and W -76° 19' 11"
- Currency and Currency Code:
- Dollar - USD
- Spoken languages:
- English, Spanish, French
- Local electricity:
- 230 V - 50 Hz (plugs: G)
- Mobile phone / cellular frequencies (MHz):
- 900 MHz, 1800 MHz, 3G, 4G
- Local Time: 10:41 AM (Wednesday)
- Timezone: America/New_York
- UTC/GMT offset: -10 hours
- Sunrise and Sunset:
- 7:03 am and 4:47 pm
- Antipode Coordinates:
- -34.226 and 115.057 (Lat./Lng.)
- Closest place to antipode coordinates:
- Hamelin Bay
- This place on Wikipedia
- This place on Geonames.org
Safety Score: 3,0 of 5.0 based on data from 9 authorites. Meaning we advice caution when travelling to United States.
Travel warnings are updated daily. Source: Travel Warning United States. Last Update: 2020-12-02 08:20:25
Mathews in Mathews County (Virginia) with it's 555 inhabitants is located in United States about 108 mi (or 174 km) south of Washington DC, the country's capital.
Local time in Mathews is now 10:41 AM (Wednesday). The local timezone is named America / New York with an UTC offset of -5 hours. We know of 8 airports in the wider vicinity of Mathews, of which 6 are larger airports. The closest airport in United States is Newport News Williamsburg International Airport in a distance of 23 mi (or 37 km), South-West. Besides the airports, there are other travel options available (check left side).
There is one Unesco world heritage site nearby. It's Monticello and the University of Virginia in Charlottesville in a distance of 76 mi (or 123 km), North-West. Also, if you like golfing, there are multiple options in driving distance. We found 4 points of interest in the vicinity of this place.
Depending on your travel schedule, you might want to pay a visit to some of the following locations: Yorktown, Poquoson, Saluda, Lancaster and Eastville. To further explore this place, just scroll down and browse the available info.
Local weather forecast
Todays Local Weather Conditions & Forecast: 6°C / 43 °F
|Morning Temperature||1°C / 33 °F|
|Evening Temperature||5°C / 41 °F|
|Night Temperature||3°C / 37 °F|
|Chance of rainfall||0%|
|Air Pressure||1021 hPa|
|Wind Speed||Gentle Breeze with 7 km/h (4 mph) from East|
|Cloud Conditions||Clear sky, covering 0% of sky|
|General Conditions||Sky is clear|
Wednesday, 2nd of December 2020
7°C (45 °F)
6°C (42 °F)
Few clouds, light breeze.
Thursday, 3rd of December 2020
9°C (49 °F)
11°C (52 °F)
Overcast clouds, gentle breeze.
Friday, 4th of December 2020
11°C (53 °F)
16°C (61 °F)
Heavy intensity rain, gentle breeze, overcast clouds.
Videos from this area
These are videos related to the place based on their proximity to this place.
Ocean City MD Spray Paint Art 2010 #1
Mark of stellar paintings is at it again creating another wonderful work of art with just spray paint, paper and a few basic tools. Excellent work and quality. His website can be found at www.stell...
MLS 30026234 - 1458 New Point Comfort, Mathews, VA
Property consists of 2 parcels-approx 13.2 acres w/pond & approx 270' of East River frontage. 3 outbuildings.Original main house circa 1774, known as ''Spring Hill" http://www.coldwellbanker.com/pr...
Tour The Brambles
The Brambles in Mathews, VA offer residential group homes and day support programs for ID adults.
Harlequins at Barnegat Light
http://thebuffleheadbirder.com/honk-if-you-love-harlequins/ These ducks were photographed in Barnegat Light, NJ while on a field trip with the Delaware Valley Ornithology Club (DVOC) in...
Rafael Alvarez & upcoming 2010 Baltimore Orioles season
visit http://charmcitysportaholic.wordpress.com for the rest of the story and other blog posts on charm city sports!
Videos provided by Youtube are under the copyright of their owners.
Attractions and noteworthy things
Distances are based on the centre of the city/town and sightseeing location. This list contains brief abstracts about monuments, holiday activities, national parcs, museums, organisations and more from the area as well as interesting facts about the region itself. Where available, you'll find the corresponding homepage. Otherwise the related wikipedia article.
WHRG is a Public Radio formatted broadcast radio station licensed to Gloucester Point, Virginia, serving the Mathews area. WHRG is owned and operated by Hampton Roads Educational Telecommunications Association, Inc.
Beaverlett is an unincorporated community in Mathews County, in the U. S. state of Virginia.
Fitchetts is an unincorporated community in Mathews County, in the U. S. state of Virginia.
Redart is an unincorporated community in Mathews County, in the U. S. state of Virginia.
Retz is an unincorporated community in Mathews County, in the U. S. state of Virginia.
Ruff is an unincorporated community in Mathews County, in the U. S. state of Virginia.
Tabernacle is an unincorporated community in Mathews County, in the U. S. state of Virginia.
Williams is an unincorporated community in Mathews County, in the U. S. state of Virginia.
These are some bigger and more relevant cities in the wider vivinity of Mathews.
- Newport News
- King and Queen Court House
- Isle of Wight
- New Kent
- Virginia Beach
- King William
- Charles City
- Princess Anne
This is a wider card with supporting text below as a natural lead-in to additional content. This content is a little bit longer.
Gwynn's Island Festival
Starting at: 05:00 am (05:00).
More Information: eventful.com.
This place is known by different names. Here the ones we know:
Matthews, Matthews Court House, Mathews Court House, Mathews, Метјуз