Isle of Wight
in Isle of Wight County of Virginia, United States
- Newport News Williamsburg International Airport (20 mi)
- Norfolk International Airport (28 mi)
- Richmond International Airport (53 mi)
- Rocky Mount Wilson Regional Airport (98 mi)
- Salisbury Ocean City Wicomico Regional Airport (119 mi)
- Coastal Carolina Regional Airport (128 mi)
- Billy Mitchell Airport (131 mi)
- Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport (136 mi)
- Monticello and the University of Virginia in Charlottesville (Unesco heritage, 89 mi)
- Cypress Creek Golfers Club (Golf course, 6 mi)
- Cedar Point Club (Golf course, 12 mi)
- Nansemond River Golf Club (Golf course, 12 mi)
- Suffolk Golf Course (Golf course, 13 mi)
- Sleepy Hole Golf Course (Golf course, 14 mi)
- James River Country Club (Golf course, 15 mi)
- Riverfront Golf Club (Golf course, 15 mi)
- The Pines Golf Club (Golf course, 17 mi)
- Kiln Creek Golf Club (Golf course, 19 mi)
- Newport News Golf Club at Deer Run (Golf course, 21 mi)
- Bennetts Creek Marina (marina, (13 mi)
- Bradys Marina (marina, (11 mi)
- Grays Creek Marina (marina, (19 mi)
- Decimal Coordinates (Latitude, Longitude):
- 36.908 and -76.708 (Lat./Lng.)
- Coordinates by Time:
- N 36° 54' 27" and W -76° 42' 27"
- Currency and Currency Code:
- Dollar - USD
- Spoken languages:
- English, Spanish, French
- Local electricity:
- 230 V - 50 Hz (plugs: G)
- Mobile phone / cellular frequencies (MHz):
- 900 MHz, 1800 MHz, 3G, 4G
- Local Time: 12:46 AM (Friday)
- Timezone: America/New_York
- UTC/GMT offset: -10 hours
- Sunrise and Sunset:
- 7:05 am and 4:50 pm
- Antipode Coordinates:
- -34.226 and 115.057 (Lat./Lng.)
- Closest place to antipode coordinates:
- Hamelin Bay
- This place on Wikipedia
- This place on Geonames.org
Safety Score: 3,0 of 5.0 based on data from 9 authorites. Meaning we advice caution when travelling to United States.
Travel warnings are updated daily. Source: Travel Warning United States. Last Update: 2020-12-03 08:31:48
Discover Isle of Wight
Isle of Wight in Isle of Wight County (Virginia) is a place in United States about 138 mi (or 223 km) south of Washington DC, the country's capital city.
Current time in Isle of Wight is now 12:46 AM (Friday). The local timezone is named America / New York with an UTC offset of -5 hours. We know of 8 airports near Isle of Wight, of which 4 are larger airports. The closest airport in United States is Newport News Williamsburg International Airport in a distance of 20 mi (or 31 km), North-East. Besides the airports, there are other travel options available (check left side).
There is one Unesco world heritage site nearby. It's Monticello and the University of Virginia in Charlottesville in a distance of 89 mi (or 143 km), North-West. Also, if you like playing golf, there are a few options in driving distance. We encountered 3 points of interest in the vicinity of this place. If you need a hotel, we compiled a list of available hotels close to the map centre further down the page.
While being here, you might want to pay a visit to some of the following locations: Suffolk, Surry, Newport News, Franklin and Williamsburg. To further explore this place, just scroll down and browse the available info.
Local weather forecast
Todays Local Weather Conditions & Forecast: 12°C / 53 °F
|Morning Temperature||6°C / 44 °F|
|Evening Temperature||13°C / 56 °F|
|Night Temperature||12°C / 54 °F|
|Chance of rainfall||0%|
|Air Pressure||1023 hPa|
|Wind Speed||Gentle Breeze with 7 km/h (4 mph) from North-East|
|Cloud Conditions||Overcast clouds, covering 100% of sky|
|General Conditions||Overcast clouds|
Friday, 4th of December 2020
17°C (62 °F)
10°C (50 °F)
Moderate rain, moderate breeze, overcast clouds.
Saturday, 5th of December 2020
5°C (41 °F)
3°C (38 °F)
Sky is clear, gentle breeze, clear sky.
Sunday, 6th of December 2020
6°C (42 °F)
3°C (38 °F)
Sky is clear, light breeze, clear sky.
Hotels and Places to Stay
Videos from this area
These are videos related to the place based on their proximity to this place.
JROTC Memorial Video of 2007-2008 - Smithfield HS AJROTC
Smithfield High School- Video Constructed by Battalion S-5 "One Team, One Voice"
Smithfield police investigating death
Smithfield police investigating death | WAVY.com | Smithfield, Va.
Beamer in Town
Virginia Tech head football coach Frank Beamer was in Smithfield today to talk to the Western Tidewater chapter of the Hokie Club. WAVY-TV's Chris Reckling was there too, and he talked to Coach...
207 OAKWOOD LN, Isle of Wight County, VA Presented by Jason Goodin.
Click to see more: http://www.searchallproperties.com/listings/2060447/207-OAKWOOD-LN-Isle-of-Wight-County-VA/auto?reqpage=video 207 OAKWOOD LN Isle of Wight County, VA 23430 Contact ...
Videos provided by Youtube are under the copyright of their owners.
Attractions and noteworthy things
Distances are based on the centre of the city/town and sightseeing location. This list contains brief abstracts about monuments, holiday activities, national parcs, museums, organisations and more from the area as well as interesting facts about the region itself. Where available, you'll find the corresponding homepage. Otherwise the related wikipedia article.
Isle of Wight County, Virginia
Isle of Wight County is a county located in the Hampton Roads metropolitan area of the Commonwealth of Virginia, a state of the United States. Its county seat is Isle of Wight. According to the 2010 Census, its population was 35,270 and the median household income was $58,840. Isle of Wight County features two incorporated towns, Smithfield and Windsor. The original courthouse for the county was built in Smithfield in 1750.
Isle of Wight Academy
Isle of Wight Academy (IWA) is an private non-profit day school located in Isle of Wight County, Virginia. The school has students from pre-kindergarten to 12th grade and is non-sectarian and coeducational.
The Wilson-Kautz Raid was a cavalry operation in south central Virginia in late June 1864, during the American Civil War. Occurring early in the Richmond-Petersburg Campaign, the raid was conducted by Union cavalry under Brigadier Generals James Wilson and August Kautz, who were ordered to cut railroads between Lynchburg, Virginia, and the vital Confederate rail supply center at Petersburg.
These are some bigger and more relevant cities in the wider vivinity of Isle of Wight.
- Newport News
- Charles City
- Prince George
- New Kent
- Virginia Beach
- Elizabeth City
- King and Queen Court House
- Colonial Heights
This place is known by different names. Here the ones we know:
Isle of Wight Court House, Isle of Wight