in Surry County of Virginia, United States
- Newport News Williamsburg International Airport (19 mi)
- Richmond International Airport (37 mi)
- Norfolk International Airport (39 mi)
- Rocky Mount Wilson Regional Airport (106 mi)
- Salisbury Ocean City Wicomico Regional Airport (110 mi)
- Charlottesville Albemarle Airport (112 mi)
- Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport (119 mi)
- Washington Dulles International Airport (129 mi)
- Monticello and the University of Virginia in Charlottesville (Unesco heritage, 72 mi)
- Fords Colony CC (Golf course, 12 mi)
- Kingsmill CC (Golf course, 12 mi)
- Golden Horseshoe Golf Club (Golf course, 12 mi)
- Kiskiack Golf Club (Golf course, 12 mi)
- Governors Land at Two Rivers CC (Golf course, 12 mi)
- Williamsburg Country Club (Golf course, 12 mi)
- Williamsburg National GC (Golf course, 12 mi)
- The Pines Golf Club (Golf course, 13 mi)
- Cypress Creek Golfers Club (Golf course, 17 mi)
- The Tradition GC at Stonehouse (Golf course, 17 mi)
- Grays Creek Marina (marina, (3 mi)
- Decimal Coordinates (Latitude, Longitude):
- 37.138 and -76.835 (Lat./Lng.)
- Coordinates by Time:
- N 37° 8' 16" and W -76° 50' 6"
- Currency and Currency Code:
- Dollar - USD
- Spoken languages:
- English, Spanish, French
- Local electricity:
- 230 V - 50 Hz (plugs: G)
- Mobile phone / cellular frequencies (MHz):
- 900 MHz, 1800 MHz, 3G, 4G
- Local Time: 10:52 AM (Wednesday)
- Timezone: America/New_York
- UTC/GMT offset: -10 hours
- Sunrise and Sunset:
- 7:04 am and 4:50 pm
- Antipode Coordinates:
- -34.226 and 115.057 (Lat./Lng.)
- Closest place to antipode coordinates:
- Hamelin Bay
- This place on Wikipedia
- This place on Geonames.org
Safety Score: 3,0 of 5.0 based on data from 9 authorites. Meaning we advice caution when travelling to United States.
Travel warnings are updated daily. Source: Travel Warning United States. Last Update: 2020-12-02 08:20:25
Surry in Surry County (Virginia) with it's 232 inhabitants is a city in United States about 122 mi (or 196 km) south of Washington DC, the country's capital.
Local time in Surry is now 10:52 AM (Wednesday). The local timezone is named America / New York with an UTC offset of -5 hours. We know of 8 airports in the vicinity of Surry, of which 5 are larger airports. The closest airport in United States is Newport News Williamsburg International Airport in a distance of 19 mi (or 30 km), East. Besides the airports, there are other travel options available (check left side).
There is one Unesco world heritage site nearby. It's Monticello and the University of Virginia in Charlottesville in a distance of 72 mi (or 115 km), North-West. Also, if you like golfing, there are multiple options in driving distance. We found 1 points of interest in the vicinity of this place.
Depending on your travel schedule, you might want to pay a visit to some of the following locations: Williamsburg, Williamsburg, Isle of Wight, Charles City and Yorktown. To further explore this place, just scroll down and browse the available info.
Local weather forecast
Todays Local Weather Conditions & Forecast: 6°C / 43 °F
|Morning Temperature||0°C / 33 °F|
|Evening Temperature||5°C / 41 °F|
|Night Temperature||2°C / 36 °F|
|Chance of rainfall||0%|
|Air Pressure||1021 hPa|
|Wind Speed||Gentle Breeze with 7 km/h (4 mph) from East|
|Cloud Conditions||Clear sky, covering 0% of sky|
|General Conditions||Sky is clear|
Wednesday, 2nd of December 2020
7°C (45 °F)
5°C (41 °F)
Sky is clear, light breeze, clear sky.
Thursday, 3rd of December 2020
9°C (48 °F)
11°C (52 °F)
Overcast clouds, gentle breeze.
Friday, 4th of December 2020
11°C (52 °F)
16°C (61 °F)
Heavy intensity rain, gentle breeze, overcast clouds.
Videos from this area
These are videos related to the place based on their proximity to this place.
What is Country Ham?
http://www.edwardsvaham.com Sales manager Keith Roberts of S. Wallace Edwards & Sons answers what is the country ham all about and explains the different styles Edwards has to offer.
Surry County Homicide
An 18-year-old was shot to death in Surry County at a graduation party. 10 On Your Side's Jason Marks spoke with the victim's mother.
Edwards Ham on Unwrapped - Food Network
http://www.edwardsvaham.com People love a big holiday ham for their Easter dinner. The Food Network's Unwrapped visits Edwards Virginia Traditions in Surry, Virginia to find the secret behind...
Vick home owner accused of cruelty
Vick home owner accused of cruelty | WAVY.com | Surry County, Va.
How to Grill Bacon-Wrapped Asparagus
http://www.edwardsvaham.com II Keith from S. Wallace Edwards and Sons demonstrates how to grill bacon-wrapped asparagus using our hickory smoked, Peppered Bacon. Ingredients: Edwards ...
Senior curator discussing artifacts from Jamestown's first well
Beverly "Bly" Straube, the senior curator with the Jamestown Rediscovery archaeological project, reviews some of finds from James Fort's first well. These artifacts and many thousands more...
Confederate Civil War Fort Excavation: Fort Pocahontas on Jamestown Island in Virginia
During the summer of 2011 students along with archaeologists from the Jamestown Rediscovery Project began excavations into a section of a Civil War bombproof or sub-terrarium munitions magazine.
Videos provided by Youtube are under the copyright of their owners.
Attractions and noteworthy things
Distances are based on the centre of the city/town and sightseeing location. This list contains brief abstracts about monuments, holiday activities, national parcs, museums, organisations and more from the area as well as interesting facts about the region itself. Where available, you'll find the corresponding homepage. Otherwise the related wikipedia article.
Surry (formerly Cross Roads, McIntosh's Cross Roads, McIntoshs Cross Roads, Scuffletown, Smithville, Surry Court House, and The Crossroads) is an incorporated town in Surry County, Virginia, United States. The population was 7058 at the 2010 census. It is the county seat of Surry County.
These are some bigger and more relevant cities in the wider vivinity of Surry.
- Isle of Wight
- Charles City
- Newport News
- New Kent
- Prince George
- King and Queen Court House
- King William
- Colonial Heights
This place is known by different names. Here the ones we know:
McIntosh's Cross Roads, Scuffletown, The Crossroads, Cross Roads, Smithville, McIntoshs Cross Roads, Surry Court House, Surry, Сари