in St. Lawrence County of New York, United States
- Massena International Richards Field (28 mi)
- Cornwall Regional Airport (45 mi)
- Smiths Falls-Montague (Russ Beach) Airport (45 mi)
- Adirondack Regional Airport (50 mi)
- Ottawa Macdonald-Cartier International Airport (56 mi)
- Ottawa / Rockcliffe Seaplane Base (64 mi)
- Ottawa / Rockcliffe Airport (64 mi)
- Ottawa / Gatineau Airport (67 mi)
- Montreal / Pierre Elliott Trudeau International Airport (92 mi)
- Syracuse Hancock International Airport (113 mi)
- Greater Rochester International Airport (161 mi)
- Rideau Canal (Unesco heritage, 53 mi)
- St Lawrence University Golf Club (Golf course, 0 mi)
- Partridge Run Golf & Country Club (Golf course, 2 mi)
- Potsdam Town & Country Club (Golf course, 10 mi)
- St Lawrence State Park Golf Club (Golf course, 18 mi)
- Twin Brooks Golf Course (Golf course, 18 mi)
- Iroquois Golf Club (Golf course, 19 mi)
- Great Rock Golf Club (Golf course, 19 mi)
- Raymondville Golf & Country Club (Golf course, 19 mi)
- Morrisburg Golf Club (Golf course, 21 mi)
- Upper Canada Golf Course (Golf course, 25 mi)
- Cubbys Marina (marina, (17 mi)
- Coles Creek Marina (marina, (20 mi)
- Ogdensburg Marina (marina, (18 mi)
- Decimal Coordinates (Latitude, Longitude):
- 44.596 and -75.169 (Lat./Lng.)
- Coordinates by Time:
- N 44° 35' 44" and W -75° 10' 8"
- Currency and Currency Code:
- Dollar - USD
- Spoken languages:
- English, Spanish, French
- Local electricity:
- 230 V - 50 Hz (plugs: G)
- Mobile phone / cellular frequencies (MHz):
- 900 MHz, 1800 MHz, 3G, 4G
- Local Time: 05:50 AM (Friday)
- Timezone: America/New_York
- UTC/GMT offset: -10 hours
- Sunrise and Sunset:
- 7:37 am and 5:51 pm
- Antipode Coordinates:
- -34.283 and 115.100 (Lat./Lng.)
- Closest place to antipode coordinates:
- This place on Wikipedia
- This place on Geonames.org
Safety Score: 3,0 of 5.0 based on data from 9 authorites. Meaning we advice caution when travelling to United States.
Travel warnings are updated daily. Source: Travel Warning United States. Last Update: 2020-10-30 08:29:16
Canton in St. Lawrence County (New York) with it's 6,570 citizens is a place in United States about 405 mi (or 652 km) north of Washington DC, the country's capital city.
Current time in Canton is now 05:50 AM (Friday). The local timezone is named America / New York with an UTC offset of -4 hours. We know of 11 airports near Canton, of which 4 are larger airports. The closest airport in United States is Massena International Richards Field in a distance of 28 mi (or 46 km), North-East. Besides the airports, there are other travel options available (check left side).
There is one Unesco world heritage site nearby. The closest heritage site is Rideau Canal in Canada at a distance of 53 mi (or 86 km). Also, if you like playing golf, there are a few options in driving distance. We encountered 3 points of interest in the vicinity of this place. If you need a hotel, we compiled a list of available hotels close to the map centre further down the page.
While being here, you might want to pay a visit to some of the following locations: Lowville, Malone, Watertown, Ottawa and Saint-Polycarpe. To further explore this place, just scroll down and browse the available info.
Local weather forecast
Todays Local Weather Conditions & Forecast: 0°C / 32 °F
|Morning Temperature||-2°C / 29 °F|
|Evening Temperature||2°C / 35 °F|
|Night Temperature||-3°C / 27 °F|
|Chance of rainfall||0%|
|Air Pressure||1017 hPa|
|Wind Speed||Gentle Breeze with 8 km/h (5 mph) from South-West|
|Cloud Conditions||Scattered clouds, covering 36% of sky|
|General Conditions||Scattered clouds|
Friday, 30th of October 2020
3°C (38 °F)
2°C (36 °F)
Sky is clear, light breeze, clear sky.
Saturday, 31st of October 2020
9°C (48 °F)
2°C (35 °F)
Moderate rain, fresh breeze, clear sky.
Sunday, 1st of November 2020
-2°C (28 °F)
-3°C (26 °F)
Light snow, moderate breeze, overcast clouds.
Hotels and Places to Stay
Videos from this area
These are videos related to the place based on their proximity to this place.
Farmer's Market Fun, Canton, NY
feat. http://www.youtube.com/SouthernYankee315 FACEBOOK: http://www.facebook.com/ibundangbear TWITTER: http://www.twitter.com/bundangbear.
Hypnotist Dr. Steve Taubman at SUNY Canton (Part 1)
Steve Taubman performs at SUNY Canton, 9/24/2011, at about 3:10 PM.
JSoffer Pitching (Part1) - Apr. 2, 2011 - Canton Roos vs Fisher Falcons
Josh Soffer Pitching Fischer College Falcons @ SUNY-Canton Roos April 2, 2011 Innings 1 through 4.
Part 1 - C2 Pro Canton 2012 Al Shaver & Jeff Rankinen, Camera mounted on stern facing back
Part 1 - C2 Pro Canton 2012 Al Shaver & Jeff Rankinen, Camera mounted on stern facing back.
Part 1 - C2 Pro Canton 2012, Steve Rankinen & Matt Belknap
6:07 How not to paddle on the same side! Part 1 - C2 Pro Canton 2012, Steve Rankinen & Matt Belknap.
Mustang All-Wheel-Drive Chassis Dynomometer Testing - Alumni Weekend 2013
SUNY Canton hosted a Mustang dyno test during Alumni Weekend 2013.
Videos provided by Youtube are under the copyright of their owners.
Attractions and noteworthy things
Distances are based on the centre of the city/town and sightseeing location. This list contains brief abstracts about monuments, holiday activities, national parcs, museums, organisations and more from the area as well as interesting facts about the region itself. Where available, you'll find the corresponding homepage. Otherwise the related wikipedia article.
Canton (village), New York
Canton is a village in St. Lawrence County, New York, United States. The village is centrally located in both the town of Canton and the county of St. Lawrence. The population was 6,314 at the 2010 census. It is the county seat of St. Lawrence County. The name comes from the Chinese city, Canton.
St. Lawrence University
St. Lawrence University is a four-year liberal arts college located in the village of Canton in Saint Lawrence County, New York, United States. It has roughly 2400 undergraduate and 100 graduate students, about equally split between male and female.
Appleton Arena is a 3,000-seat multi-purpose arena in Canton, New York. It is home to the St. Lawrence University Skating Saints ice hockey team. It was named for Judge Charles W. Appleton, class of 1897, the main benefactor of the arena as well as the riding center, which is named for his wife Elsa. Appleton Arena opened in January 1951. The Canton Community assisted with the construction of an adjacent outdoor rink previous to 1951.
Theological School of St. Lawrence University
The Theological School of St. Lawrence University was founded in 1856 at St. Lawrence University and closed in 1965, one of the three Universalist seminaries.
These are some bigger and more relevant cities in the wider vivinity of Canton.
This place is known by different names. Here the ones we know:
New Cairo, Canton