in Province of Rome of Latium, Italy
- Latina Airport (16 mi)
- Ciampino Airport (24 mi)
- Leonardo Da Vinci (Fiumicino) International Airport (31 mi)
- Frosinone Military Airport (38 mi)
- Rieti Airport (68 mi)
- Nápoli / Capodichino International Airport (95 mi)
- Pescara International Airport (105 mi)
- Perugia / San Egidio Airport (114 mi)
- Pisa / San Giusto - Galileo Galilei International Airport (191 mi)
- Historic Centre of Rome, the Properties of the Holy See in that City Enjoying Extraterritorial Rights and San Paolo Fuori le Mura (Unesco heritage, 31 mi)
- Vatican City (Unesco heritage, 32 mi)
- Villa Adriana (Tivoli) (Unesco heritage, 35 mi)
- Villa d'Este, Tivoli (Unesco heritage, 36 mi)
- Etruscan Necropolises of Cerveteri and Tarquinia (Unesco heritage, 47 mi)
- 18th-Century Royal Palace at Caserta with the Park, the Aqueduct of Vanvitelli, and the San Leucio Complex (Unesco heritage, 92 mi)
- Historic Centre of Naples (Unesco heritage, 95 mi)
- Assisi, the Basilica of San Francesco and Other Franciscan Sites (Unesco heritage, 111 mi)
- Historic Centre of the City of Pienza (Unesco heritage, 122 mi)
- Val d'Orcia (Unesco heritage, 124 mi)
- Zoomarine (amusement park, (15 mi)
- Soffypark (amusement park, (10 mi)
- Sognolabio (amusement park, (20 mi)
- Erawan (amusement park, (20 mi)
- Panorama dal Monte Cavo (observation point, (21 mi)
- Rainbow Magicland (amusement park, (28 mi)
- FUFILAND - Parco Giochi (amusement park, (15 mi)
- Parcolido (amusement park, (26 mi)
- Kursaal Village (amusement park, (24 mi)
- Decimal Coordinates (Latitude, Longitude):
- 41.453 and 12.622 (Lat./Lng.)
- Coordinates by Time:
- N 41° 27' 9" and E 12° 37' 17"
- Currency and Currency Code:
- Euro - EUR
- Spoken languages:
- Italian, German, French, Sardinian, Catalan, Corsican, Slovenian
- Local electricity:
- 230 V - 50 Hz (plugs: G)
- Mobile phone / cellular frequencies (MHz):
- 900 MHz, 1800 MHz, 3G, 4G
- Local Time: 12:26 PM (Monday)
- Timezone: Europe/Rome
- UTC/GMT offset: 1 hours
- Sunrise and Sunset:
- 7:29 am and 4:40 pm
- Antipode Coordinates:
- -43.733 and -176.350 (Lat./Lng.)
- Closest place to antipode coordinates:
- This place on Geonames.org
Delve into Anzio
Anzio in Province of Rome (Latium) with it's 45,403 habitants is located in Italy about 31 mi (or 50 km) south of Rome, the country's capital town.
Current time in Anzio is now 12:26 PM (Monday). The local timezone is named Europe / Rome with an UTC offset of one hour. We know of 9 airports close to Anzio, of which 4 are larger airports. The closest airport in Italy is Latina Airport in a distance of 16 mi (or 26 km), North-East. Besides the airports, there are other travel options available (check left side).
There are several Unesco world heritage sites nearby. The closest heritage site is Historic Centre of Rome, the Properties of the Holy See in that City Enjoying Extraterritorial Rights and San Paolo Fuori le Mura in Vatican at a distance of 31 mi (or 50 km). The closest in Italy is Villa Adriana (Tivoli) in a distance of 35 mi (or 50 km), North. We encountered 9 points of interest near this location. If you need a hotel, we compiled a list of available hotels close to the map centre further down the page.
While being here, you might want to pay a visit to some of the following locations: Nettuno, Aprilia, Ardea, Lanuvio and Pomezia. To further explore this place, just scroll down and browse the available info.
Local weather forecast
Todays Local Weather Conditions & Forecast: 16°C / 62 °F
|Morning Temperature||15°C / 59 °F|
|Evening Temperature||17°C / 63 °F|
|Night Temperature||17°C / 62 °F|
|Chance of rainfall||0%|
|Air Pressure||1019 hPa|
|Wind Speed||Fresh Breeze with 15 km/h (9 mph) from North-West|
|Cloud Conditions||Clear sky, covering 2% of sky|
|General Conditions||Sky is clear|
Tuesday, 17th of December 2019
17°C (62 °F)
16°C (61 °F)
Overcast clouds, strong breeze.
Wednesday, 18th of December 2019
17°C (62 °F)
15°C (59 °F)
Heavy intensity rain, high wind, near gale, overcast clouds.
Thursday, 19th of December 2019
15°C (60 °F)
16°C (62 °F)
Moderate rain, gentle breeze, scattered clouds.
Hotels and Places to Stay
Grand Hotel Dei Cesari
LA BUSSOLA - ANZIO
Videos from this area
These are videos related to the place based on their proximity to this place.
22-01-15 Cerimonia 71° Anniversario Sbarco di Anzio
"I Cimiteri di Guerra, dove sono sepolti gli eroi di quegli anni drammatici, che abbiamo onorato in questi giorni, sono la più tangibile testimonianza di quanto è costata la conquista della...
13-03-2015 Messa apertura anno innocenziano Anzio
Con la concelebrazione eucaristica presieduta dal Vescovo Diocesano Mons. Marcello Semeraro, si è aperto ufficialmente ad Anzio, in provincia di Roma, l'Anno Innocenziano, per il 400° anniversa...
VIDEO RADUNO GAN, ANZIO 2012
La sintesi in video del raduno del Gruppo Agonistico Nazionale, secondo del 2012, disputato ad Anzio.
secca di costacuti-anzio
alcune immagini delle splendide gorgonie della secca di costacuti!!!!! immersioni con Namakabluemotion.
Waterspout in Anzio - Rome / Triple waterspout 11-09-2014 - Tromba marina sul litorale laziale
La seconda perturbazione di Settembre ha portato forti piogge e temporali su gran parte della Penisola.. in particolar modo il Lazio è stato colpito da un MCS e fenomeni grandigeni. In questo...
28-06-14 Festeggiamenti in onore del Santo Patrono di Anzio, S. Antonio da Padova
Tutto pronto ad Anzio per il programma dei festeggiamenti in onore del Santo Patrono, S. Antonio da Padova che prevede, per sabato 28 giugno alle ore 21.00, la solenne Processione per le vie...
Videos provided by Youtube are under the copyright of their owners.
Attractions and noteworthy things
Distances are based on the centre of the city/town and sightseeing location. This list contains brief abstracts about monuments, holiday activities, national parcs, museums, organisations and more from the area as well as interesting facts about the region itself. Where available, you'll find the corresponding homepage. Otherwise the related wikipedia article.
Operation Shingle (January 22, 1944) was an Allied amphibious landing in the Italian Campaign against German forces in the area of Anzio and Nettuno, Italy. The operation was commanded by American Major General John P. Lucas and was intended to outflank German forces of the Winter Line and enable an attack on Rome. The resulting combat is commonly called the Battle of Anzio.
HMS Inglefield (D02)
HMS Inglefield was an I-class destroyer leader built for the Royal Navy that served during World War II. She was the navy's last purpose-built flotilla leader. She was named after the 19th century Admiral Sir Edward Augustus Inglefield (1820-1894), and is so far the only warship to carry the name of that seafaring family. In May 1940, her pennant number was changed to I02.
HMS Janus (F53)
HMS Janus (F53), named after the Roman god, was a J-class destroyer of the Royal Navy laid down by Swan Hunter & Wigham Richardson Limited at Wallsend-on-Tyne on 29 September 1937, launched on 10 November 1938 and commissioned on 5 August 1939. Janus participated in the Battle of Calabria in July 1940 and the Battle of Cape Matapan in March 1941.
Lavinio Lido di Enea is a small sea side tourist town in the Lazio region of Italy, 31 miles southwest of Rome. It is part of the municipality of Anzio.
These are some bigger and more relevant cities in the wider vivinity of Anzio.
- Cisterna di Latina
- Genzano di Roma
- Albano Laziale
- Castel Gandolfo
- Rocca di Papa
- Rocca Priora
- Monte Porzio Catone
- Rocca Massima
- San Cesareo
Anzio, Anzio (source)
Anzio, Anzio (source)
Cincinnato › North: lavinio, Cincinnato (source)
Lavinio › South, Lavinio (source)
Casale Vignarola: Approdo, Casale Vignarola (source)
Anzio: Lacio, Anzio (source)
Webcams provided by webcam.travel are under the copyright of their owners.
This place is known by different names. Here the ones we know:
Antium, Anzio, アンツィオ, Анцио, Анціо