in Central District, Israel
- Ben Gurion International Airport (7 mi)
- Sde Dov Airport (16 mi)
- Be'er Sheva (Teyman) Airport (46 mi)
- Bar Yehuda Airfield (49 mi)
- Haifa International Airport (61 mi)
- Amman-Marka International Airport (62 mi)
- Queen Alia International Airport (63 mi)
- El Gora Airport (76 mi)
- Beirut Rafic Hariri International Airport (135 mi)
- Damascus International Airport (137 mi)
- Ovda International Airport (137 mi)
- White City of Tel-Aviv -- the Modern Movement (Unesco heritage, 13 mi)
- Palestine: Land of Olives and Vines – Cultural Landscape of Southern Jerusalem, Battir (Unesco heritage, 18 mi)
- Birthplace of Jesus: Church of the Nativity and the Pilgrimage Route, Bethlehem (Unesco heritage, 22 mi)
- Caves of Maresha and Bet-Guvrin in the Judean Lowlands as a Microcosm of the Land of the Caves (Unesco heritage, 23 mi)
- Biblical Tels - Megiddo, Hazor, Beer Sheba (Unesco heritage, 48 mi)
- Masada (Unesco heritage, 49 mi)
- Sites of Human Evolution at Mount Carmel: The Nahal Me’arot / Wadi el-Mughara Caves (Unesco heritage, 51 mi)
- Bahá’i Holy Places in Haifa and the Western Galilee (Unesco heritage, 62 mi)
- Um er-Rasas (Kastrom Mefa'a) (Unesco heritage, 65 mi)
- Old City of Acre (Unesco heritage, 70 mi)
- Tel Aviv Luna Park (amusement park, (14 mi)
- Miẕpé Beqoa‘ (observation point, (6 mi)
- Miẕpé Har’el (observation point, (8 mi)
- Miẕpé Neftoaẖ (observation point, (17 mi)
- Miẕpé Kerem (observation point, (17 mi)
- Miẕpé Nof (observation point, (17 mi)
- Miẕpé Massu’a (observation point, (18 mi)
- Miẕpé Modi‘im (observation point, (2 mi)
- Miẕpé Eshta‘ol (observation point, (10 mi)
- Ma‘agana (Marina) (marina, (15 mi)
- Decimal Coordinates (Latitude, Longitude):
- 31.928 and 34.942 (Lat./Lng.)
- Coordinates by Time:
- N 31° 55' 42" and E 34° 56' 29"
- Currency and Currency Code:
- Shekel - ILS
- Spoken languages:
- Hebrew, Arabic, English
- Local electricity:
- 230 V - 50 Hz (plugs: G)
- Mobile phone / cellular frequencies (MHz):
- 900 MHz, 1800 MHz, 3G, 4G
- Local Time: 05:02 AM (Saturday)
- Timezone: Asia/Jerusalem
- UTC/GMT offset: 2 hours
- Sunrise and Sunset:
- 5:42 am and 7:30 pm
- Antipode Coordinates:
- -27.600 and -144.317 (Lat./Lng.)
- Closest place to antipode coordinates:
- This place on Geonames.org
Safety Score: 4,0 of 5.0 based on data from 9 authorites. Meaning please reconsider your need to travel to Israel.
Travel warnings are updated daily. Source: Travel Warning Israel. Last Update: 2021-05-14 08:23:53
Delve into Gimzo
Gimzo in Central District is a city located in Israel about 20 mi (or 31 km) north-west of Jerusalem, the country's capital town.
Current time in Gimzo is now 05:02 AM (Saturday). The local timezone is named Asia / Jerusalem with an UTC offset of 3 hours. We know of 11 airports closer to Gimzo, of which 5 are larger airports. The closest airport in Israel is Ben Gurion International Airport in a distance of 7 mi (or 11 km), North-West. Besides the airports, there are other travel options available (check left side).
There are several Unesco world heritage sites nearby. The closest heritage site in Israel is White City of Tel-Aviv -- the Modern Movement in a distance of 13 mi (or 21 km), North-West. We saw 10 points of interest near this location.
Since you are here already, you might want to pay a visit to some of the following locations: Ramla, Tel Aviv, Karney Shomron, Jerusalem and Jericho. To further explore this place, just scroll down and browse the available info.
Local weather forecast
Todays Local Weather Conditions & Forecast: 27°C / 81 °F
|Morning Temperature||18°C / 64 °F|
|Evening Temperature||24°C / 76 °F|
|Night Temperature||20°C / 68 °F|
|Chance of rainfall||0%|
|Air Pressure||1013 hPa|
|Wind Speed||Moderate breeze with 9 km/h (6 mph) from South-East|
|Cloud Conditions||Clear sky, covering 0% of sky|
|General Conditions||Sky is clear|
Sunday, 16th of May 2021
28°C (82 °F)
22°C (71 °F)
Few clouds, moderate breeze.
Monday, 17th of May 2021
27°C (80 °F)
20°C (69 °F)
Broken clouds, moderate breeze.
Tuesday, 18th of May 2021
26°C (79 °F)
21°C (70 °F)
Sky is clear, moderate breeze, clear sky.
Videos from this area
These are videos related to the place based on their proximity to this place.
Лидда Церковь св. вмч. Георгия в Лидде Город Лидда (Лод) — родина святого великомученика Георгия Победоносц...
BUSY Isralift traction scenic talking elevator at Modi'in Mall in Modi'in(Yeridim elevator)
Yeridim elevator--- Brand: Isralift. Type: MRL traction. Capacity: 1800kg / 24 Passengers. Installed at 2008. Floor served: 4( -2, -1, *Entrance*, 1). (C)2011 maalit72.
תל חדיד ויער בן שמן
סינגל הרומני בתל חדיד ומסלולים לא מסומנים ביער בן שמן: מוסיקה: Attribution There's A Better WAY ! by Loveshadow ccmixter.org/files/Loveshadow/...
Mountain Biking in Ben Shemen : Gopro
Riding dowhill in Ben Shemen forest. With my GoPro Hero 3 Black Edition.
Mountain biking. Israel. VelikKids. Покатушки форумчан velik.org с детьми.
28.06.2008. Велопоходы по Израилю. Лес Бен Шемен.
יער בן שמן - מסלול כחול !
Attribution beeKoo mix by Lasswell ccmixter.org/files/lazztunes07/12238 CC Attribution (3.0)
בן שמן אחרי הגשם
Attribution CCmixter.org by Nitropox@CCmixter ccmixter.org/files/Mixro/16474 CC Attribution Noncommercial (3.0)
Videos provided by Youtube are under the copyright of their owners.
Attractions and noteworthy things
Distances are based on the centre of the city/town and sightseeing location. This list contains brief abstracts about monuments, holiday activities, national parcs, museums, organisations and more from the area as well as interesting facts about the region itself. Where available, you'll find the corresponding homepage. Otherwise the related wikipedia article.
Church of Saint George, Lod
The Church of Saint George is the major shrine for the fourth century martyr Saint George (الخضر Al-Khidr in Arabic) and is located in Lod, Israel. The current church, built in 1870, shares space with the El-Khidr Mosque. Toward the end of the nineteenth century, the Greek Orthodox Patriarchate of Jerusalem received permission from the Ottoman authorities to build a church on the site of a previous basilica.
Gimzo is a religious moshav in central Israel. Located between Lod and Modi'in, it falls under the jurisdiction of Hevel Modi'in Regional Council. In 2006, it had a population of 812.
Paatei Modi'in Railway Station
Paatei Modi'in Railway Station is the next-to-last station on the Nahariya-Modi'in Israel Railways line, serving the residents of Modi'in. It was opened in September 2007. It served as the final stop on the line until April 2008, when service was inaugurated to the Modi'in Central Station.
Neot Kedumim, the Biblical Landscape Reserve in Israel (lit. Places of Beauty of Ancient Times) is a Biblical garden and nature preserve located near Modi'in, mid-way between Jerusalem and Tel Aviv, Israel which attempts to re-create the physical setting of the Bible. The park covers an area of about 2,500 dunams . The idea of planting such a garden dates back to 1925. In 1964, land was allocated for the project with the help of Prime Minister David Ben-Gurion.
Beit Hashmonay is a communal settlement in central Israel, five kilometers southeast of Ramla. Beit Hashmonay is under the jurisdiction of Gezer Regional Council. In 2009, it had a population of 850. Beit Hashmonay was established in 1970 by the Jewish Agency. It is named for Simon Maccabaeus, a member of the Hasmonean family who captured the ancient city of Gezer, located nearby. In 1987 it became a communal settlement and a village centre for the regional council.
Ben Shemen Youth Village
Ben Shemen Youth Village is a youth village and agricultural boarding school in central Israel. Located near Ben Shemen and Ginaton, it falls under the jurisdiction of Judaism Hevel Modi'in Regional Council. In 2006, it had a population of 627.
Ben Shemen Interchange
Ben Shemen Interchange is a major freeway interchange complex in central Israel, connecting Highway 1, Highway 6, Route 443 and Route 444, as well as several local roads. The interchange is located near moshav Ben Shemen and Ben Shemen Forest, hence its name. It is one of the largest and most complex interchanges in the country.
Lod Mosaic Archaeological Center
The Shelby White and Leon Levy Lod Mosaic Archaeological Center is an archaeological museum in Lod, Israel that displays one of the largest and best-preserved mosaic floors ever uncovered in Israel.
These are some bigger and more relevant cities in the wider vivinity of Gimzo.
- Tel Aviv
- Karney Shomron
- Ash Shunah al Janubiyah
- Dayr `Alla
- As Salt
- As Subayhi
- Al `Arid
- Al Fuhays
- Al Faysaliyah
- Ghawr al Mazra`ah
- Dayr Abi Sa`id
- Ash Shunah ash Shamaliyah
This place is known by different names. Here the ones we know:
Jimzu, ’Eys Hayim, ‘Ets Ḥaiyim, Gimzu, Gimzo, גמזו