in Central District, Israel
- Ben Gurion International Airport (4 mi)
- Sde Dov Airport (14 mi)
- Be'er Sheva (Teyman) Airport (48 mi)
- Bar Yehuda Airfield (51 mi)
- Haifa International Airport (59 mi)
- Amman-Marka International Airport (62 mi)
- Queen Alia International Airport (65 mi)
- El Gora Airport (77 mi)
- Beirut Rafic Hariri International Airport (133 mi)
- Damascus International Airport (136 mi)
- Ovda International Airport (140 mi)
- White City of Tel-Aviv -- the Modern Movement (Unesco heritage, 11 mi)
- Palestine: Land of Olives and Vines – Cultural Landscape of Southern Jerusalem, Battir (Unesco heritage, 20 mi)
- Birthplace of Jesus: Church of the Nativity and the Pilgrimage Route, Bethlehem (Unesco heritage, 24 mi)
- Caves of Maresha and Bet-Guvrin in the Judean Lowlands as a Microcosm of the Land of the Caves (Unesco heritage, 25 mi)
- Biblical Tels - Megiddo, Hazor, Beer Sheba (Unesco heritage, 46 mi)
- Sites of Human Evolution at Mount Carmel: The Nahal Me’arot / Wadi el-Mughara Caves (Unesco heritage, 49 mi)
- Masada (Unesco heritage, 51 mi)
- Bahá’i Holy Places in Haifa and the Western Galilee (Unesco heritage, 60 mi)
- Um er-Rasas (Kastrom Mefa'a) (Unesco heritage, 66 mi)
- Old City of Acre (Unesco heritage, 68 mi)
- Tel Aviv Luna Park (amusement park, (12 mi)
- Miẕpé Beqoa‘ (observation point, (8 mi)
- Miẕpé Har’el (observation point, (11 mi)
- Miẕpé Neftoaẖ (observation point, (19 mi)
- Miẕpé Kerem (observation point, (19 mi)
- Miẕpé Nof (observation point, (19 mi)
- Miẕpé Massu’a (observation point, (20 mi)
- Miẕpé Modi‘im (observation point, (2 mi)
- Miẕpé Eshta‘ol (observation point, (13 mi)
- Ma‘agana (Marina) (marina, (13 mi)
- Decimal Coordinates (Latitude, Longitude):
- 31.960 and 34.927 (Lat./Lng.)
- Coordinates by Time:
- N 31° 57' 34" and E 34° 55' 38"
- Currency and Currency Code:
- Shekel - ILS
- Spoken languages:
- Hebrew, Arabic, English
- Local electricity:
- 230 V - 50 Hz (plugs: G)
- Mobile phone / cellular frequencies (MHz):
- 900 MHz, 1800 MHz, 3G, 4G
- Local Time: 10:40 PM (Monday)
- Timezone: Asia/Jerusalem
- UTC/GMT offset: 2 hours
- Sunrise and Sunset:
- 6:14 am and 7:07 pm
- Antipode Coordinates:
- -27.600 and -144.317 (Lat./Lng.)
- Closest place to antipode coordinates:
- This place on Geonames.org
Safety Score: 4,2 of 5.0 based on data from 9 authorites. Meaning please reconsider your need to travel to Israel.
Travel warnings are updated daily. Source: Travel Warning Israel. Last Update: 2021-04-12 08:19:46
Delve into Ben Shemen
Ben Shemen in Central District is a city located in Israel about 21 mi (or 35 km) north-west of Jerusalem, the country's capital town.
Current time in Ben Shemen is now 10:40 PM (Monday). The local timezone is named Asia / Jerusalem with an UTC offset of 3 hours. We know of 11 airports closer to Ben Shemen, of which 5 are larger airports. The closest airport in Israel is Ben Gurion International Airport in a distance of 4 mi (or 7 km), North-West. Besides the airports, there are other travel options available (check left side).
There are several Unesco world heritage sites nearby. The closest heritage site in Israel is White City of Tel-Aviv -- the Modern Movement in a distance of 11 mi (or 18 km), North-West. We saw 10 points of interest near this location. In need of a room? We compiled a list of available hotels close to the map centre further down the page.
Since you are here already, you might want to pay a visit to some of the following locations: Ramla, Tel Aviv, Karney Shomron, Jerusalem and Jericho. To further explore this place, just scroll down and browse the available info.
Local weather forecast
Todays Local Weather Conditions & Forecast: 17°C / 63 °F
|Morning Temperature||14°C / 57 °F|
|Evening Temperature||16°C / 61 °F|
|Night Temperature||13°C / 55 °F|
|Chance of rainfall||0%|
|Air Pressure||1019 hPa|
|Wind Speed||Gentle Breeze with 8 km/h (5 mph) from East|
|Cloud Conditions||Broken clouds, covering 52% of sky|
|General Conditions||Broken clouds|
Tuesday, 13th of April 2021
19°C (66 °F)
14°C (56 °F)
Sky is clear, gentle breeze, clear sky.
Wednesday, 14th of April 2021
22°C (72 °F)
17°C (63 °F)
Sky is clear, calm, clear sky.
Thursday, 15th of April 2021
24°C (76 °F)
19°C (66 °F)
Sky is clear, gentle breeze, clear sky.
Hotels and Places to Stay
Videos from this area
These are videos related to the place based on their proximity to this place.
PROMO PRODUCTIONS - RENEWABLE ENERGY IN EILAT EILOT REGION
Production - Promo Productions & Television Director - Shlomi Albo Camera - Avi Mizrachi Editor - Ziv Lev Crane - Imanuel Lavie.
El Al Flight 008 JFK to TLV - 5-March-2014
Boeing 747-400 Landing over Airport City; view from the porch of my office building.
ארץ הקודש The Holy Land الأرض المقدسة
The Holy Land Definition of Terms in Video: Golan: The Golan Heights, captured by Israel from Syria in 1967. Currently populated by Druse Arabs and Israeli Jews. The UN maintains a buffer...
Лидда Церковь св. вмч. Георгия в Лидде Город Лидда (Лод) — родина святого великомученика Георгия Победоносц...
Markets in Israel
Views from marketplaces in Israel....The Carmel market in Tel-Aviv...Mahanei Yehuda in Jerusalem, the flea market..and more...
Strange RC plane
A really cool and strange radio controlled airplane I saw near the Nokia stadium. Sorry for the poor quality.
Mountain biking. Israel. VelikKids. Покатушки форумчан velik.org с детьми.
28.06.2008. Велопоходы по Израилю. Лес Бен Шемен.
Videos provided by Youtube are under the copyright of their owners.
Attractions and noteworthy things
Distances are based on the centre of the city/town and sightseeing location. This list contains brief abstracts about monuments, holiday activities, national parcs, museums, organisations and more from the area as well as interesting facts about the region itself. Where available, you'll find the corresponding homepage. Otherwise the related wikipedia article.
Church of Saint George, Lod
The Church of Saint George is the major shrine for the fourth century martyr Saint George (الخضر Al-Khidr in Arabic) and is located in Lod, Israel. The current church, built in 1870, shares space with the El-Khidr Mosque. Toward the end of the nineteenth century, the Greek Orthodox Patriarchate of Jerusalem received permission from the Ottoman authorities to build a church on the site of a previous basilica.
Ben Shemen Youth Village
Ben Shemen Youth Village is a youth village and agricultural boarding school in central Israel. Located near Ben Shemen and Ginaton, it falls under the jurisdiction of Judaism Hevel Modi'in Regional Council. In 2006, it had a population of 627.
Beit Nehemia is a moshav in central Israel. Located near Shoham, it falls under the jurisdiction of Hevel Modi'in Regional Council. In 2006 it had a population of 730. The village was established in 1950 on the land of the destroyed Arab villages of Beit Nabala by Jewish immigrants from Persia, and was named after Nehemia, a rich man which donated money for Beit Nehemia's foundation. The moshav is called after the Biblical prophet Nehemiah, who left Persia for Israel - as the modern founders.
Beit Arif is a moshav in central Israel. Located near Shoham, it falls under the jurisdiction of Hevel Modi'in Regional Council. In 2006 it had a population of 724. The moshav was founded in 1949 by immigrants from Bulgaria on the ruins of the abandoned Arab village of Dayr Tarif. It has originally named Ahlama, one of the 12 stones in the Hoshen, the sacred breastplate worn by a Jewish high priest (two other nearby settlements, Bareket, Shoham and Nofekh, are also named after such stones).
Kfar Truman is a moshav in central Israel. Located in the Shephelah around three kilometres east of Ben Gurion International Airport, it falls under the jurisdiction of Hevel Modi'in Regional Council. In 2006 it had a population of 606.
Lod Valley Regional Council
Lod Valley Regional Council is a regional council in the Center District of Israel. Founded in 1952, it borders Ben Gurion International Airport and Or Yehuda to the north, Hevel Modi'in Regional Council and Lod to the east, Be'er Ya'akov and Ramla to the south and Beit Dagan and Rishon LeZion to the west.
Ben Shemen Interchange
Ben Shemen Interchange is a major freeway interchange complex in central Israel, connecting Highway 1, Highway 6, Route 443 and Route 444, as well as several local roads. The interchange is located near moshav Ben Shemen and Ben Shemen Forest, hence its name. It is one of the largest and most complex interchanges in the country.
Lod Mosaic Archaeological Center
The Shelby White and Leon Levy Lod Mosaic Archaeological Center is an archaeological museum in Lod, Israel that displays one of the largest and best-preserved mosaic floors ever uncovered in Israel.
These are some bigger and more relevant cities in the wider vivinity of Ben Shemen.
- Tel Aviv
- Karney Shomron
- Ash Shunah al Janubiyah
- Dayr `Alla
- As Subayhi
- As Salt
- Al `Arid
- Al Fuhays
- Al Faysaliyah
- Ghawr al Mazra`ah
- Dayr Abi Sa`id
- Ash Shunah ash Shamaliyah
- At Tayyibah
This place is known by different names. Here the ones we know:
Kefar Hano‘ar, Ben Shemen, Ben Shemen-Kefar HaNo‘ar, בן שמן-כפר הנער, בן שמן, כפר הנוער