in Central District, Israel
- Ben Gurion International Airport (11 mi)
- Sde Dov Airport (20 mi)
- Be'er Sheva (Teyman) Airport (45 mi)
- Bar Yehuda Airfield (45 mi)
- Amman-Marka International Airport (58 mi)
- Queen Alia International Airport (59 mi)
- Haifa International Airport (63 mi)
- El Gora Airport (77 mi)
- Ovda International Airport (135 mi)
- Beirut Rafic Hariri International Airport (136 mi)
- Damascus International Airport (136 mi)
- Palestine: Land of Olives and Vines – Cultural Landscape of Southern Jerusalem, Battir (Unesco heritage, 14 mi)
- Birthplace of Jesus: Church of the Nativity and the Pilgrimage Route, Bethlehem (Unesco heritage, 17 mi)
- White City of Tel-Aviv -- the Modern Movement (Unesco heritage, 18 mi)
- Caves of Maresha and Bet-Guvrin in the Judean Lowlands as a Microcosm of the Land of the Caves (Unesco heritage, 21 mi)
- Masada (Unesco heritage, 45 mi)
- Biblical Tels - Megiddo, Hazor, Beer Sheba (Unesco heritage, 50 mi)
- Sites of Human Evolution at Mount Carmel: The Nahal Me’arot / Wadi el-Mughara Caves (Unesco heritage, 54 mi)
- Um er-Rasas (Kastrom Mefa'a) (Unesco heritage, 60 mi)
- Bahá’i Holy Places in Haifa and the Western Galilee (Unesco heritage, 65 mi)
- Old City of Acre (Unesco heritage, 72 mi)
- Tel Aviv Luna Park (amusement park, (19 mi)
- Miẕpé Beqoa‘ (observation point, (6 mi)
- Miẕpé Har’el (observation point, (7 mi)
- Miẕpé Neftoaẖ (observation point, (12 mi)
- Miẕpé Kerem (observation point, (12 mi)
- Miẕpé Nof (observation point, (12 mi)
- Miẕpé Massu’a (observation point, (17 mi)
- Miẕpé Modi‘im (observation point, (5 mi)
- Miẕpé Eshta‘ol (observation point, (7 mi)
- Ma‘agana (Marina) (marina, (20 mi)
- Decimal Coordinates (Latitude, Longitude):
- 31.894 and 35.015 (Lat./Lng.)
- Coordinates by Time:
- N 31° 53' 37" and E 35° 0' 54"
- Currency and Currency Code:
- Shekel - ILS
- Spoken languages:
- Hebrew, Arabic, English
- Local electricity:
- 230 V - 50 Hz (plugs: G)
- Mobile phone / cellular frequencies (MHz):
- 900 MHz, 1800 MHz, 3G, 4G
- Local Time: 06:05 PM (Wednesday)
- Timezone: Asia/Hebron
- UTC/GMT offset: 2 hours
- Sunrise and Sunset:
- 5:34 am and 7:42 pm
- Antipode Coordinates:
- -27.600 and -144.317 (Lat./Lng.)
- Closest place to antipode coordinates:
- This place on Geonames.org
Safety Score: 3,5 of 5.0 based on data from 9 authorites. Meaning please reconsider your need to travel to Israel.
Travel warnings are updated daily. Source: Travel Warning Israel. Last Update: 2020-06-03 07:22:25
Delve into Modiin
Modiin in Central District with it's 88,749 habitants is located in Israel about 15 mi (or 24 km) north-west of Jerusalem, the country's capital town.
Current time in Modiin is now 06:05 PM (Wednesday). The local timezone is named Asia / Hebron with an UTC offset of 3 hours. We know of 11 airports close to Modiin, of which 5 are larger airports. The closest airport in Israel is Ben Gurion International Airport in a distance of 11 mi (or 18 km), North-West. Besides the airports, there are other travel options available (check left side).
There are several Unesco world heritage sites nearby. The closest heritage site is Palestine: Land of Olives and Vines – Cultural Landscape of Southern Jerusalem, Battir in Palestinian territory at a distance of 14 mi (or 22 km). The closest in Israel is White City of Tel-Aviv -- the Modern Movement in a distance of 18 mi (or 22 km), South-East. We encountered 10 points of interest near this location. If you need a hotel, we compiled a list of available hotels close to the map centre further down the page.
While being here, you might want to pay a visit to some of the following locations: Ramla, Jerusalem, Karney Shomron, Tel Aviv and Jericho. To further explore this place, just scroll down and browse the available info.
Local weather forecast
Todays Local Weather Conditions & Forecast: 24°C / 75 °F
|Morning Temperature||14°C / 57 °F|
|Evening Temperature||22°C / 71 °F|
|Night Temperature||17°C / 63 °F|
|Chance of rainfall||0%|
|Air Pressure||1012 hPa|
|Wind Speed||Gentle Breeze with 8 km/h (5 mph) from East|
|Cloud Conditions||Clear sky, covering 0% of sky|
|General Conditions||Sky is clear|
Thursday, 4th of June 2020
28°C (82 °F)
19°C (67 °F)
Sky is clear, light breeze, clear sky.
Friday, 5th of June 2020
28°C (83 °F)
19°C (66 °F)
Sky is clear, gentle breeze, clear sky.
Saturday, 6th of June 2020
28°C (83 °F)
18°C (64 °F)
Sky is clear, light breeze, clear sky.
Hotels and Places to Stay
Videos from this area
These are videos related to the place based on their proximity to this place.
YOM HASHOAH: Yitzchak Winkler
Following the Siren/Moment of Silence of Yom Hashoah, the Rosh Yeshiva briefly discusses the practice and then we are joined in the Bet Midrash by Yitzchak Winkler who relates the story of...
פרס טראמפ להוראה איכותית 2013 - קובי שורצבורד
הכירו את קובי שורצבורד, אחד מהמועמדים הסופיים לפרס טראמפ להוראה איכותית לשנת 2013. הפרס בגובה 100000 שקלים יוענק...
4.5 room duplex apartment in the highest point in Mesoa (Givat C), renovated to a high level with an upgraded kitchen, elevator, separate dining area, and wheel chair accessible on a quiet...
4 room house with basement, private entrance, garden, highly upgraded kitchen, wheel-chair accessible, and large master bedroom. Asking 2450000 shekel.
For sale: 3-room apartment on a quiet street. Ground floor private entrance. Balcony with 12 meters with a view. Price: 1420000 shekels. Call Ayala on +972-52-4442675 for more details.
אוהד חיטמן מארח את להקת הדור האחרון בהאנגר 9
להקת "הדור האחרון" מתארחת אצל אוהד חיטמן ב"האנגר 9", ערוץ 9 החדש.
סרט קצר הממחיש שניתן להגיע לכל תלמיד בעזרת התמריץ המתאים. עוד על משנתי החינוכית באתר שלי. https://sites.google.com/site/g...
Группа Чипс на 9-ом канале
19/03/2014 за неделю до концерта в клубе "Гагарин" в Тель Авиве. Интервью с автором песен группы "Чипс"
Videos provided by Youtube are under the copyright of their owners.
Attractions and noteworthy things
Distances are based on the centre of the city/town and sightseeing location. This list contains brief abstracts about monuments, holiday activities, national parcs, museums, organisations and more from the area as well as interesting facts about the region itself. Where available, you'll find the corresponding homepage. Otherwise the related wikipedia article.
Route 443 (Israel)
Route 443 is also known as Ma'ale Beit Horon, following the ancient east-west trade route connecting the Via Maris and the Way of the Patriarchs. It is the main highway connecting Tel Aviv and Gush Dan with Jerusalem via Modi'in.
Yeshivat Sha'alvim is a hesder yeshiva located near Kibbutz Sha'alvim.
Matityahu, Mateh Binyamin
Matityahu is a moshav and Israeli settlement in the West Bank, located approximately midway between Jerusalem and Tel Aviv, near the city of Modi'in-Maccabim-Re'ut. Matityahu was initially founded in 1981 by a group of English-speaking immigrants from the United States and elsewhere, and it is now home to a community of observant Jewish families. Matityahu vineyards sell grapes to Israeli winemakers.
Maarava Machon Rubin
Maarava Machon Rubin is an Orthodox yeshiva high school located in the town of Matityahu, near by Modi'in, midway between Jerusalem and Tel Aviv in Israel. The yeshiva was founded and is headed by Rabbi Baruch Chait who is originally from the United States.
The Bareket Observatory (IAU code B35 ; 35.0317°N Parallax sinφ 0.84991 cosφ +0.52524) is an astronomical educational observatory owned and operated by the Bareket family. It is located east of the city of Maccabim, near Modiin. Also serves as the official International Dark-Sky Association representative of the region.
Modi'in Central Railway Station
Modi'in Central Railway Station is an Israel Railways passenger terminal and one of two stations serving the residents of Modi'in (the other being Paatei Modi'in). It is the terminus of the Nahariya-Modi'in line, with service to the airport, Tel Aviv, Haifa, and Akko as well. A connection to Jerusalem is currently under construction, with service expected by 2016. The station opened on April 1, 2008.
Nof Ayalon is a communal settlement in central Israel. Located in the Ayalon Valley near Sha'alvim, it falls under the jurisdiction of Gezer Regional Council. In 2007 it had a population of 2,500. The village was established in 1994 by the administration of Yeshivat Sha'alvim.
Kfar Ruth is a moshav in Israel, located just west of the Green Line near Modi'in. It falls under the jurisdiction of Hevel Modi'in Regional Council. In 2006 it had a population of 230. The moshav was established in 1977. It is named after the ancient village of Kfar Ruta that appears on the Madaba Map in the area of the new settlement.
These are some bigger and more relevant cities in the wider vivinity of Modiin.
This place is known by different names. Here the ones we know:
Makkabim, Makkabbim, Modi‘in Makkabbim Re‘ut, Ramot Modi‘in, Naẖal Modi‘im, Gane Modi‘in, Modi‘in, Modiin, מודיעין מכבים רעות, Makkabbim Re‘ut, Re‘ut, מכבים רעות, רעות, מודיעין