in East Yorkshire of England, United Kingdom
- Humberside Airport (22 mi)
- RAF Scampton (42 mi)
- Robin Hood Doncaster Sheffield Airport (45 mi)
- RAF Linton-On-Ouse (47 mi)
- RAF Waddington (51 mi)
- RAF Coningsby (53 mi)
- Leeds Bradford Airport (62 mi)
- Nottingham Airport (76 mi)
- RAF Cottesmore (81 mi)
- East Midlands Airport (87 mi)
- RAF Lakenheath (105 mi)
- RAF Mildenhall (107 mi)
- Saltaire (Unesco heritage, 4 mi)
- Studley Royal Park including the Ruins of Fountains Abbey (Unesco heritage, 21 mi)
- Liverpool – Maritime Mercantile City (Unesco heritage, 48 mi)
- Derwent Valley Mills (Unesco heritage, 60 mi)
- Durham Castle and Cathedral (Unesco heritage, 64 mi)
- Frontiers of the Roman Empire (Unesco heritage, 93 mi)
- Hornsea Golf Club (Golf course, 3 mi)
- Bridlington Golf Club (Golf course, 15 mi)
- Hessle Golf Club (Golf course, 16 mi)
- Bridlington Links (Golf course, 17 mi)
- Forest Pines Golf Club (Golf course, 25 mi)
- Decimal Coordinates (Latitude, Longitude):
- 53.866 and -0.135 (Lat./Lng.)
- Coordinates by Time:
- N 53° 51' 55" and W -0° 8' 5"
- Currency and Currency Code:
- Pound - GBP
- Spoken languages:
- English, Welsh, Scottish Gaelic
- Local electricity:
- 230 V - 50 Hz (plugs: G)
- Mobile phone / cellular frequencies (MHz):
- 900 MHz, 1800 MHz, 3G, 4G
- Local Time: 09:40 AM (Thursday)
- Timezone: Europe/London
- UTC/GMT offset: 0 hours
- Sunrise and Sunset:
- 4:41 am and 9:13 pm
- Antipode Coordinates:
- -43.750 and 173.083 (Lat./Lng.)
- Closest place to antipode coordinates:
- Le Bons Bay
- This place on Wikipedia
- This place on Geonames.org
Safety Score: 3,1 of 5.0 based on data from 9 authorites. Meaning please reconsider your need to travel to United Kingdom.
Travel warnings are updated daily. Source: Travel Warning United Kingdom. Last Update: 2022-05-26 08:19:34
Explore Great Cowden
Great Cowden in East Yorkshire (England) is located in United Kingdom about 163 mi (or 262 km) north of London, the country's capital.
Local time in Great Cowden is now 09:40 AM (Thursday). The local timezone is named Europe / London with an UTC offset of one hour. We know of 12 airports in the wider vicinity of Great Cowden, of which 5 are larger airports. The closest airport in United Kingdom is Humberside Airport in a distance of 22 mi (or 35 km), South-West. Besides the airports, there are other travel options available (check left side).
There are several Unesco world heritage sites nearby. The closest heritage site in United Kingdom is Saltaire in a distance of 4 mi (or 6 km), South-West. Also, if you like golfing, there are multiple options in driving distance.
Depending on your travel schedule, you might want to pay a visit to some of the following locations: Mappleton, Aldbrough, Hornsea, Burton Constable and Humbleton. To further explore this place, just scroll down and browse the available info.
Local weather forecast
Todays Local Weather Conditions & Forecast: 12°C / 53 °F
|Morning Temperature||9°C / 48 °F|
|Evening Temperature||15°C / 59 °F|
|Night Temperature||10°C / 49 °F|
|Chance of rainfall||1%|
|Air Pressure||1015 hPa|
|Wind Speed||Fresh Breeze with 17 km/h (10 mph) from East|
|Cloud Conditions||Overcast clouds, covering 100% of sky|
|General Conditions||Light rain|
Friday, 27th of May 2022
13°C (56 °F)
11°C (52 °F)
Light rain, fresh breeze, few clouds.
Saturday, 28th of May 2022
12°C (53 °F)
10°C (49 °F)
Scattered clouds, fresh breeze.
Sunday, 29th of May 2022
11°C (52 °F)
9°C (49 °F)
Broken clouds, moderate breeze.
Videos from this area
These are videos related to the place based on their proximity to this place.
WWII D-Day Omaha Beach - University Final Year Project
Short film created for final year project at Sheffield Hallam University. Re-creation of the Omaha Beach landings during D-Day WWII. Project aim was to re-create a blockbuster battle scene...
Burstwick's USGA Greens in Winter
An example of our brilliant greens and how they perform in winter. This video was taken on Monday 18th Novmber 2013.
Miracle & Streaker Open 17/4/2010 @ Hornsea
Miracle dinghies under spinnaker. You can see the results at www.hornseasailingclub.org.uk/Streaker-and-Miracle-Open-April-2010.pdf.
Hornsea Miracle & Streaker Open 17/4/2010 Gybe action and finish
Miracle & Streaker Open 17/4/2010 Gybe action and finish. You can see the results at www.hornseasailingclub.org.uk/Streaker-and-Miracle-Open-April-2010.pdf.
Hornsea Freeport Superhero Summer
Saturday 21st July -- Friday 24th August Come and join the party at Hornsea Freeport's Superhero Summer. With lots of fun and games to keep the children happy! Bernie Bennet is a tightrope...
Laser 3000 23.09.12
this week, we managed a new personal speed record of 19 Knots whiich sadly isnt on this film as it ran out of battery in the 1st race and the 19 knots were in the 3rd race. all this took place...
Videos provided by Youtube are under the copyright of their owners.
These are some bigger and more relevant cities in the wider vivinity of Great Cowden.