in Amman Governorate, Jordan
- Amman-Marka International Airport (13 mi)
- Queen Alia International Airport (19 mi)
- King Hussein Air College (40 mi)
- Bar Yehuda Airfield (48 mi)
- Ben Gurion International Airport (52 mi)
- Sde Dov Airport (60 mi)
- Ben Ya'akov Airport (73 mi)
- Haifa International Airport (74 mi)
- Damascus International Airport (111 mi)
- Beirut Rafic Hariri International Airport (131 mi)
- Ovda International Airport (147 mi)
- Um er-Rasas (Kastrom Mefa'a) (Unesco heritage, 31 mi)
- Birthplace of Jesus: Church of the Nativity and the Pilgrimage Route, Bethlehem (Unesco heritage, 37 mi)
- Palestine: Land of Olives and Vines – Cultural Landscape of Southern Jerusalem, Battir (Unesco heritage, 41 mi)
- Quseir Amra (Unesco heritage, 48 mi)
- Masada (Unesco heritage, 50 mi)
- Biblical Tels - Megiddo, Hazor, Beer Sheba (Unesco heritage, 57 mi)
- Caves of Maresha and Bet-Guvrin in the Judean Lowlands as a Microcosm of the Land of the Caves (Unesco heritage, 57 mi)
- Ancient City of Bosra (Unesco heritage, 58 mi)
- White City of Tel-Aviv -- the Modern Movement (Unesco heritage, 59 mi)
- Sites of Human Evolution at Mount Carmel: The Nahal Me’arot / Wadi el-Mughara Caves (Unesco heritage, 69 mi)
- Decimal Coordinates (Latitude, Longitude):
- 31.936 and 35.777 (Lat./Lng.)
- Coordinates by Time:
- N 31° 56' 10" and E 35° 46' 36"
- Currency and Currency Code:
- Dinar - JOD
- Spoken languages:
- Arabic, English
- Local electricity:
- 230 V - 50 Hz (plugs: G)
- Mobile phone / cellular frequencies (MHz):
- 900 MHz, 1800 MHz, 3G, 4G
- Local Time: 01:51 AM (Saturday)
- Timezone: Asia/Amman
- UTC/GMT offset: 2 hours
- Sunrise and Sunset:
- 5:32 am and 7:35 pm
- Antipode Coordinates:
- -27.600 and -144.317 (Lat./Lng.)
- Closest place to antipode coordinates:
- This place on Wikipedia
- This place on Geonames.org
Safety Score: 3,3 of 5.0 based on data from 9 authorites. Meaning please reconsider your need to travel to Jordan.
Travel warnings are updated daily. Source: Travel Warning Jordan. Last Update: 2022-05-27 07:59:32
Delve into Al Başşah
Al Başşah in Amman Governorate is located in Jordan a little west of Amman, the country's capital town.
Current time in Al Başşah is now 01:51 AM (Saturday). The local timezone is named Asia / Amman with an UTC offset of 3 hours. We know of 11 airports close to Al Başşah, of which 5 are larger airports. The closest airport in Jordan is Amman-Marka International Airport in a distance of 13 mi (or 21 km), East. Besides the airports, there are other travel options available (check left side).
There are several Unesco world heritage sites nearby. The closest heritage site in Jordan is Um er-Rasas (Kastrom Mefa'a) in a distance of 31 mi (or 50 km), South. If you need a hotel, we compiled a list of available hotels close to the map centre further down the page.
While being here, you might want to pay a visit to some of the following locations: Wadi as Sir, Al Fuhays, Na`ur, Yarqa and As Salt. To further explore this place, just scroll down and browse the available info.
Local weather forecast
Todays Local Weather Conditions & Forecast: 31°C / 88 °F
|Morning Temperature||21°C / 69 °F|
|Evening Temperature||33°C / 91 °F|
|Night Temperature||24°C / 75 °F|
|Chance of rainfall||0%|
|Air Pressure||1011 hPa|
|Wind Speed||Moderate breeze with 12 km/h (8 mph) from South-East|
|Cloud Conditions||Clear sky, covering 7% of sky|
|General Conditions||Sky is clear|
Saturday, 28th of May 2022
30°C (86 °F)
23°C (74 °F)
Sky is clear, moderate breeze, few clouds.
Sunday, 29th of May 2022
31°C (88 °F)
25°C (77 °F)
Sky is clear, moderate breeze, clear sky.
Monday, 30th of May 2022
31°C (87 °F)
24°C (76 °F)
Sky is clear, moderate breeze, clear sky.
Hotels and Places to Stay
Videos from this area
These are videos related to the place based on their proximity to this place.
Dirt 3 - Finland Lankamaa Mini Copper S - XFX 6870 Ultra graphics gameplay [1080p]
track : Finland ,lankamaa (night) Time in video : 2.42.516 My PB : 2.40.528 (23th in leaderboard) Driver : E.Janineh Car : Mini copper S (60's) all assists OFF + manual shifting graphic...
battlefield 3 - xfx 6870 ultra graphics - going hunting jet campaign mission gamplay part 2 [1080p]
BF3 going hunting campaign mission gamplay, this is the part 2 watch part 1 ( the way to sky) @ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kq128lnwtZw graphic in this video : Auto settings FPS was locked...
battlefield 3 - amd xfx 6870 Black Edition ultra graphics Gameplay [1080p]
just a quick video of battlefield 3 gameplay , playing @ 1920x1080p and ultra graphics recorded using fraps locked @ 30fps My Gaming Rig : Intel i5 2500 1x4GB twinmos 1333MHz DDR3...
Need For Speed The Run - Evo X - Stage 2 - amd xfx 6870 Ultra graphics gameplay [1080p]
Need for speed the Run quick race gameplay, Track Name : Stage 2 National Park Car Mitsubishi Evo X Graphic in this video : Maximum Ultra settings FPS was locked @ 30fps, recorded using...
Fifa 12 Liverpool vs Tottenham - Full match - [1080p]
FIFA 2012 Liverpool football club vs Tottenham Hotspur FC pc 1080p fullhd gameplay, human vs human gameplay FPS was locked @ 30fps, recorded using Fraps FPS without fraps : 50+ @ highest...
Videos provided by Youtube are under the copyright of their owners.
Attractions and noteworthy things
Distances are based on the centre of the city/town and sightseeing location. This list contains brief abstracts about monuments, holiday activities, national parcs, museums, organisations and more from the area as well as interesting facts about the region itself. Where available, you'll find the corresponding homepage. Otherwise the related wikipedia article.
Moab is the historical name for a mountainous strip of land in Jordan. The land lies alongside much of the eastern shore of the Dead Sea. The existence of the Kingdom of Moab is attested to by numerous archeological findings, most notably the Mesha Stele, which describes the Moabite victory over an unnamed son of King Omri of Israel. The Moabite capital was Dibon. In Biblical times, the nation was often in conflict with its Israelite neighbours to the west.
Qasr al Abd
Qasr al Abd is a large ruin in western Jordan dating from approximately 200BC, and standing in the valley of Wadi Seer, approximately 17 kilometres west of Amman, close to the village of `Iraq al Amir.
These are some bigger and more relevant cities in the wider vivinity of Al Başşah.
This place is known by different names. Here the ones we know:
El Baṣṣa, Bassa, El Basse, Al Başşah