Ash Shaykh Zuwayd
in North Sinai Governorate, Egypt
- El Gora Airport (10 mi)
- El Arish International Airport (19 mi)
- Be'er Sheva (Teyman) Airport (36 mi)
- Ben Gurion International Airport (71 mi)
- Sde Dov Airport (74 mi)
- Bar Yehuda Airfield (76 mi)
- Ein Yahav Airfield (77 mi)
- Ovda International Airport (101 mi)
- Queen Alia International Airport (116 mi)
- Damascus International Airport (207 mi)
- Caves of Maresha and Bet-Guvrin in the Judean Lowlands as a Microcosm of the Land of the Caves (Unesco heritage, 53 mi)
- Palestine: Land of Olives and Vines – Cultural Landscape of Southern Jerusalem, Battir (Unesco heritage, 69 mi)
- White City of Tel-Aviv -- the Modern Movement (Unesco heritage, 71 mi)
- Birthplace of Jesus: Church of the Nativity and the Pilgrimage Route, Bethlehem (Unesco heritage, 73 mi)
- Masada (Unesco heritage, 74 mi)
- Incense Route - Desert Cities in the Negev (Unesco heritage, 78 mi)
- Petra (Unesco heritage, 100 mi)
- Sites of Human Evolution at Mount Carmel: The Nahal Me’arot / Wadi el-Mughara Caves (Unesco heritage, 112 mi)
- Biblical Tels - Megiddo, Hazor, Beer Sheba (Unesco heritage, 114 mi)
- Bahá’i Holy Places in Haifa and the Western Galilee (Unesco heritage, 122 mi)
- Decimal Coordinates (Latitude, Longitude):
- 31.216 and 34.111 (Lat./Lng.)
- Coordinates by Time:
- N 31° 12' 58" and E 34° 6' 38"
- Currency and Currency Code:
- Pound - EGP
- Spoken languages:
- Arabic, English, French
- Local electricity:
- 230 V - 50 Hz (plugs: G)
- Mobile phone / cellular frequencies (MHz):
- 900 MHz, 1800 MHz, 3G, 4G
- Local Time: 09:32 AM (Tuesday)
- Timezone: Africa/Cairo
- UTC/GMT offset: 2 hours
- Sunrise and Sunset:
- 4:40 am and 6:41 pm
- Antipode Coordinates:
- -27.600 and -144.317 (Lat./Lng.)
- Closest place to antipode coordinates:
- This place on Geonames.org
Safety Score: 3,4 of 5.0 based on data from 9 authorites. Meaning please reconsider your need to travel to Egypt.
Travel warnings are updated daily. Source: Travel Warning Egypt. Last Update: 2023-05-29 08:01:51
Explore Ash Shaykh Zuwayd
Ash Shaykh Zuwayd in North Sinai Governorate is a city in Egypt about 188 mi (or 302 km) north-east of Cairo, the country's capital.
Local time in Ash Shaykh Zuwayd is now 09:32 AM (Tuesday). The local timezone is named Africa / Cairo with an UTC offset of 2 hours. We know of 10 airports in the vicinity of Ash Shaykh Zuwayd, of which 4 are larger airports. The closest airport in Egypt is El Gora Airport in a distance of 10 mi (or 16 km), South. Besides the airports, there are other travel options available (check left side).
There are several Unesco world heritage sites nearby. The closest heritage site is Caves of Maresha and Bet-Guvrin in the Judean Lowlands as a Microcosm of the Land of the Caves in Israel at a distance of 53 mi (or 86 km).
Depending on your travel schedule, you might want to pay a visit to some of the following locations: Rafah, Al -Arish, Gaza, Beersheba and Ramla. To further explore this place, just scroll down and browse the available info.
Local weather forecast
Todays Local Weather Conditions & Forecast: 26°C / 79 °F
|Morning Temperature||20°C / 68 °F|
|Evening Temperature||23°C / 74 °F|
|Night Temperature||22°C / 71 °F|
|Chance of rainfall||0%|
|Air Pressure||1014 hPa|
|Wind Speed||Fresh Breeze with 13 km/h (8 mph) from South|
|Cloud Conditions||Few clouds, covering 12% of sky|
|General Conditions||Few clouds|
Wednesday, 31st of May 2023
28°C (82 °F)
23°C (74 °F)
Sky is clear, moderate breeze, clear sky.
Thursday, 1st of June 2023
32°C (90 °F)
32°C (89 °F)
Broken clouds, moderate breeze.
Friday, 2nd of June 2023
38°C (101 °F)
25°C (78 °F)
Overcast clouds, moderate breeze.
Videos from this area
These are videos related to the place based on their proximity to this place.
ben filistinli çocuğum - küçük şeyma ( Im the Palestinian Child )
Translation into english: I am the Palestinian Child Indigent Hungry Dependent on a slice of bread Dependent on a swallow of water I am the Palestinian Child When beautiful...
Viva Palestina Dua'
Viva Palestina convoy making dua in Al-Arish, Egypt before being attacked by Egyptian forces on January 5, 2010. 2000 Egyptian riot policemen attacked and injured volunteers of the Viva...
كيفية نحر القاعود في غزة على يد اصحاب محلات بيع اللحوم في غزة
كيفية نحر القاعود في غزة على يد اصحاب محلات بيع اللحوم في غزة.
مرسيدس E ضد كرولا MERCEDES E VS CROLLA
friendly race between mercedes e class 230 and toyota crolla follow @ FB http://www.facebook.com/Ouda.Photography.Arts.
RCASC Le Caire - ONU UNEF 1957-1958 - Partie 3 de 12
WO1 Jean-Louis Landry visite Le Caire lors de son affectation pour l'ONU en Égypte avec le RCASC de novembre 1957 à mai 1958.
Videos provided by Youtube are under the copyright of their owners.
Attractions and noteworthy things
Distances are based on the centre of the city/town and sightseeing location. This list contains brief abstracts about monuments, holiday activities, national parcs, museums, organisations and more from the area as well as interesting facts about the region itself. Where available, you'll find the corresponding homepage. Otherwise the related wikipedia article.
Battle of Rafa
The Battle of Rafa, also known by the British as the Action of Rafah, took place on 9 January 1917 completed the recapture of the Sinai Peninsula during the Sinai and Palestine Campaign of the First World War. Desert Column attacked the entrenched Ottoman Army garrison at el Magruntein to the south of Rafa, close to the frontier between the Sultanate of Egypt and the Ottoman Empire, in the area to the north and east of Sheikh Zowaiid.
Dikla (Palm) was an Israeli settlement in the northeastern part of the Sinai Peninsula established during Israel's occupation of the peninsula from the end of the 1967 Six-Day War, until that part of the Sinai was handed over to Egypt in 1982 as part of the terms of the 1979 Israel-Egypt Peace Treaty. Located in the Rafah Plain region south of the Gaza Strip, Dikla was established in May 1969 as a pioneer Nahal outpost known as Dekalim (palms).
These districts belong to Ash Shaykh Zuwayd.Popular in vicinity
These are some bigger and more relevant cities in the wider vivinity of Ash Shaykh Zuwayd.
- Al -Arish
- Tel Aviv
- Bi'r al `Abd
- Karney Shomron
- Ghawr al Mazra`ah
- Ar Rishah
- At Tafilah
- Al `Arid
- Al Mazar al Janubi
- Ash Shawbak
- Al Husayniyah
- Al Qasr
- Ash Shunah al Janubiyah
- Al Mughayyir
- Al Faysaliyah
This place is known by different names. Here the ones we know:
Korûm el-Sheikh, Kurūm ash Shaykh, Ash Shaykh Zuwayd, Ash Shaykh Zuwayyid, El Sheikh Zuwaiyid, Sheikh Zuwâyid, Sheikh Zuweiyid, الشيخ زويد