in North Sinai Governorate, Egypt
- El Gora Airport (7 mi)
- El Arish International Airport (21 mi)
- Be'er Sheva (Teyman) Airport (33 mi)
- Ein Yahav Airfield (71 mi)
- Bar Yehuda Airfield (72 mi)
- Ben Gurion International Airport (72 mi)
- Sde Dov Airport (75 mi)
- Ovda International Airport (95 mi)
- Queen Alia International Airport (114 mi)
- Damascus International Airport (207 mi)
- Caves of Maresha and Bet-Guvrin in the Judean Lowlands as a Microcosm of the Land of the Caves (Unesco heritage, 52 mi)
- Palestine: Land of Olives and Vines – Cultural Landscape of Southern Jerusalem, Battir (Unesco heritage, 68 mi)
- Masada (Unesco heritage, 70 mi)
- Birthplace of Jesus: Church of the Nativity and the Pilgrimage Route, Bethlehem (Unesco heritage, 71 mi)
- White City of Tel-Aviv -- the Modern Movement (Unesco heritage, 72 mi)
- Incense Route - Desert Cities in the Negev (Unesco heritage, 72 mi)
- Petra (Unesco heritage, 94 mi)
- Sites of Human Evolution at Mount Carmel: The Nahal Me’arot / Wadi el-Mughara Caves (Unesco heritage, 114 mi)
- Biblical Tels - Megiddo, Hazor, Beer Sheba (Unesco heritage, 115 mi)
- Bahá’i Holy Places in Haifa and the Western Galilee (Unesco heritage, 124 mi)
- Decimal Coordinates (Latitude, Longitude):
- 31.159 and 34.184 (Lat./Lng.)
- Coordinates by Time:
- N 31° 9' 30" and E 34° 11' 1"
- Currency and Currency Code:
- Pound - EGP
- Spoken languages:
- Arabic, English, French
- Local electricity:
- 230 V - 50 Hz (plugs: G)
- Mobile phone / cellular frequencies (MHz):
- 900 MHz, 1800 MHz, 3G, 4G
- Local Time: 09:08 AM (Thursday)
- Timezone: Africa/Cairo
- UTC/GMT offset: 2 hours
- Sunrise and Sunset:
- 4:48 am and 6:30 pm
- Antipode Coordinates:
- -27.600 and -144.317 (Lat./Lng.)
- Closest place to antipode coordinates:
- This place on Geonames.org
Safety Score: 3,9 of 5.0 based on data from 9 authorites. Meaning please reconsider your need to travel to Egypt.
Travel warnings are updated daily. Source: Travel Warning Egypt. Last Update: 2021-05-12 08:23:00
Discover Abu Zamat
Abu Zamat in North Sinai Governorate is a city in Egypt about 190 mi (or 306 km) north-east of Cairo, the country's capital city.
Local time in Abu Zamat is now 09:08 AM (Thursday). The local timezone is named Africa / Cairo with an UTC offset of 2 hours. We know of 10 airports in the vicinity of Abu Zamat, of which 4 are larger airports. The closest airport in Egypt is El Gora Airport in a distance of 7 mi (or 11 km), South-West. Besides the airports, there are other travel options available (check left side).
There are several Unesco world heritage sites nearby. The closest heritage site is Caves of Maresha and Bet-Guvrin in the Judean Lowlands as a Microcosm of the Land of the Caves in Israel at a distance of 52 mi (or 84 km).
When in this area, you might want to pay a visit to some of the following locations: Ash Shaykh Zuwayd, Rafah, Al -Arish, Gaza and Beersheba. To further explore this place, just scroll down and browse the available info.
Local weather forecast
Todays Local Weather Conditions & Forecast: 25°C / 76 °F
|Morning Temperature||19°C / 66 °F|
|Evening Temperature||23°C / 74 °F|
|Night Temperature||21°C / 69 °F|
|Chance of rainfall||0%|
|Air Pressure||1013 hPa|
|Wind Speed||Moderate breeze with 9 km/h (6 mph) from South-East|
|Cloud Conditions||Clear sky, covering 0% of sky|
|General Conditions||Sky is clear|
Friday, 14th of May 2021
25°C (77 °F)
22°C (71 °F)
Sky is clear, moderate breeze, clear sky.
Saturday, 15th of May 2021
26°C (78 °F)
21°C (71 °F)
Sky is clear, moderate breeze, clear sky.
Sunday, 16th of May 2021
26°C (78 °F)
22°C (72 °F)
Few clouds, gentle breeze.
Videos from this area
These are videos related to the place based on their proximity to this place.
Tall as - Sultan, Rafah, Gaza Strip | workforhope.org
http://workforhope.org/ is the humanitarian meaning of the "cash for work" project that COOPI and ECHO led in the Occupied Palestinian Territories (Gaza strip and West Bank).
مصر العربية | معبر رفح .. حكاية انتظار ومعاناة لا تنتهي
ازدحم آلاف الفلسطينيين في صالة الانتظار بمعبر رفح البري على الحدود بين قطاع غزة ومصر، منذ ساعات فجر الاثنين...
Gaza smuglertunnel / Gaza smuggling tunnel
Bli med på en krypetur ned i Gazas smuglertunneler / Inside the Gaza smuggling tunnels.
ben filistinli çocuğum - küçük şeyma ( Im the Palestinian Child )
Translation into english: I am the Palestinian Child Indigent Hungry Dependent on a slice of bread Dependent on a swallow of water I am the Palestinian Child When beautiful...
Children of Gaza, shot in the head.
Children of Gaza who were shot by the IDF were taken to hospital in Egypt C.T scan show bullets in the head in at least 9 of them.
Peligro, frontera Sur entre Israel y Egipto, El Gran Muro del Norte
El "Gran Muro del Norte" en la frontera de Israel con Egipto The "Great Northern Wall" on Israel's border with Egypt Este miércoles 02 de enero de 2013, el primer ministro israelí entregó...
A panorama of destruction at Gaza Airport
This is a pan of Gaza Airport taken on 11 December 2008. The airport was built with EU aid and opened by Bill Clinton in 1998. Two years later it was not just put out of action by the Israelis...
هام وخطير جدا لكل سني في قطاع غزة - الجهاد الاسلامي شيعة وروافض غزة
مقتطفات من خطبة الشيخ نافذ عزام ردا على أصحاب السباب والشتام والافتراء على المسلمين واهل السنة والجماعة.
القائد المجاهد خالد مشعل-أبو الوليد في فلسطين
كلمة القائد المجاهد خالد مشعل من معبر رفح بعد أن وطئت قدماه أرض فلسطين الطاهرة بعد فراق دام أكثر من 40 سنة.
Videos provided by Youtube are under the copyright of their owners.
Attractions and noteworthy things
Distances are based on the centre of the city/town and sightseeing location. This list contains brief abstracts about monuments, holiday activities, national parcs, museums, organisations and more from the area as well as interesting facts about the region itself. Where available, you'll find the corresponding homepage. Otherwise the related wikipedia article.
Battle of Rafa
The Battle of Rafa, also known by the British as the Action of Rafah, took place on 9 January 1917 completed the recapture of the Sinai Peninsula during the Sinai and Palestine Campaign of the First World War. Desert Column attacked the entrenched Ottoman Army garrison at el Magruntein to the south of Rafa, close to the frontier between the Sultanate of Egypt and the Ottoman Empire, in the area to the north and east of Sheikh Zowaiid.
These are some bigger and more relevant cities in the wider vivinity of Abu Zamat.
- Ash Shaykh Zuwayd
- Al -Arish
- Tel Aviv
- Bi'r al `Abd
- Ghawr al Mazra`ah
- Karney Shomron
- Ar Rishah
- At Tafilah
- Al Mazar al Janubi
- Ash Shawbak
- Al `Arid
- Al Husayniyah
- Al Qasr
- Al Mughayyir
- Ash Shunah al Janubiyah