Qaryat al Ma‘nīyah
in North Sinai Governorate, Egypt
- El Gora Airport (9 mi)
- El Arish International Airport (20 mi)
- Be'er Sheva (Teyman) Airport (35 mi)
- Ben Gurion International Airport (71 mi)
- Ein Yahav Airfield (74 mi)
- Bar Yehuda Airfield (74 mi)
- Sde Dov Airport (74 mi)
- Ovda International Airport (99 mi)
- Queen Alia International Airport (115 mi)
- Damascus International Airport (206 mi)
- Caves of Maresha and Bet-Guvrin in the Judean Lowlands as a Microcosm of the Land of the Caves (Unesco heritage, 52 mi)
- Palestine: Land of Olives and Vines – Cultural Landscape of Southern Jerusalem, Battir (Unesco heritage, 68 mi)
- White City of Tel-Aviv -- the Modern Movement (Unesco heritage, 71 mi)
- Masada (Unesco heritage, 72 mi)
- Birthplace of Jesus: Church of the Nativity and the Pilgrimage Route, Bethlehem (Unesco heritage, 72 mi)
- Incense Route - Desert Cities in the Negev (Unesco heritage, 76 mi)
- Petra (Unesco heritage, 98 mi)
- Sites of Human Evolution at Mount Carmel: The Nahal Me’arot / Wadi el-Mughara Caves (Unesco heritage, 113 mi)
- Biblical Tels - Megiddo, Hazor, Beer Sheba (Unesco heritage, 114 mi)
- Bahá’i Holy Places in Haifa and the Western Galilee (Unesco heritage, 123 mi)
- Decimal Coordinates (Latitude, Longitude):
- 31.198 and 34.143 (Lat./Lng.)
- Coordinates by Time:
- N 31° 11' 53" and E 34° 8' 36"
- Currency and Currency Code:
- Pound - EGP
- Spoken languages:
- Arabic, English, French
- Local electricity:
- 230 V - 50 Hz (plugs: G)
- Mobile phone / cellular frequencies (MHz):
- 900 MHz, 1800 MHz, 3G, 4G
- Local Time: 08:01 PM (Monday)
- Timezone: Africa/Cairo
- UTC/GMT offset: 2 hours
- Sunrise and Sunset:
- 4:49 am and 6:49 pm
- Antipode Coordinates:
- -27.600 and -144.317 (Lat./Lng.)
- Closest place to antipode coordinates:
- This place on Geonames.org
Safety Score: 3,4 of 5.0 based on data from 9 authorites. Meaning please reconsider your need to travel to Egypt.
Travel warnings are updated daily. Source: Travel Warning Egypt. Last Update: 2020-07-13 07:21:27
Discover Qaryat al Ma‘nīyah
Qaryat al Ma‘nīyah in North Sinai Governorate is a place in Egypt about 189 mi (or 304 km) north-east of Cairo, the country's capital city.
Current time in Qaryat al Ma‘nīyah is now 08:01 PM (Monday). The local timezone is named Africa / Cairo with an UTC offset of 2 hours. We know of 10 airports near Qaryat al Ma‘nīyah, of which 4 are larger airports. The closest airport in Egypt is El Gora Airport in a distance of 9 mi (or 14 km), South. Besides the airports, there are other travel options available (check left side).
There are several Unesco world heritage sites nearby. The closest heritage site is Caves of Maresha and Bet-Guvrin in the Judean Lowlands as a Microcosm of the Land of the Caves in Israel at a distance of 52 mi (or 84 km).
While being here, you might want to pay a visit to some of the following locations: Ash Shaykh Zuwayd, Rafah, Al -Arish, Gaza and Beersheba. To further explore this place, just scroll down and browse the available info.
Local weather forecast
Todays Local Weather Conditions & Forecast: 31°C / 87 °F
|Morning Temperature||31°C / 87 °F|
|Evening Temperature||28°C / 83 °F|
|Night Temperature||22°C / 72 °F|
|Chance of rainfall||0%|
|Air Pressure||1002 hPa|
|Wind Speed||Moderate breeze with 9 km/h (6 mph) from South-East|
|Cloud Conditions||Clear sky, covering 0% of sky|
|General Conditions||Sky is clear|
Tuesday, 14th of July 2020
31°C (88 °F)
23°C (74 °F)
Sky is clear, gentle breeze, clear sky.
Wednesday, 15th of July 2020
30°C (87 °F)
24°C (75 °F)
Sky is clear, gentle breeze, clear sky.
Thursday, 16th of July 2020
29°C (84 °F)
24°C (74 °F)
Sky is clear, moderate breeze, clear sky.
Videos from this area
These are videos related to the place based on their proximity to this place.
Israeli bombing of Rafah, Gaza
Israel bombing Rafah in the south of the Gaza Strip in an attempt to close the tunnels, This video was shot from inside Rafah, the first shot you can see the rocket coming in.
Tall as - Sultan, Rafah, Gaza Strip | workforhope.org
http://workforhope.org/ is the humanitarian meaning of the "cash for work" project that COOPI and ECHO led in the Occupied Palestinian Territories (Gaza strip and West Bank).
مصر العربية | معبر رفح .. حكاية انتظار ومعاناة لا تنتهي
ازدحم آلاف الفلسطينيين في صالة الانتظار بمعبر رفح البري على الحدود بين قطاع غزة ومصر، منذ ساعات فجر الاثنين...
Gaza smuglertunnel / Gaza smuggling tunnel
Bli med på en krypetur ned i Gazas smuglertunneler / Inside the Gaza smuggling tunnels.
The War Tapes: Egyptian guards shooting at Palestinian refugees in Rafah part 2
This is exclusive ISM Gaza Strip footage about the Egyptian complicity in the Gaza massacres. It was taken in the evening of 28th of December 2008 (the second day of the Israeli operation"Cast...
How Palestinians from Jaffa ended up as refugees in the West Bank
Nedal Salwameh was born in Fara'a refugee camp in the West Bank. His family was originally from a small village near Jaffa, but they were expelled in 1948 by Zionist forces. He explains...
ben filistinli çocuğum - küçük şeyma ( Im the Palestinian Child )
Translation into english: I am the Palestinian Child Indigent Hungry Dependent on a slice of bread Dependent on a swallow of water I am the Palestinian Child When beautiful...
Viva Palestina Dua'
Viva Palestina convoy making dua in Al-Arish, Egypt before being attacked by Egyptian forces on January 5, 2010. 2000 Egyptian riot policemen attacked and injured volunteers of the Viva...
Children of Gaza, shot in the head.
Children of Gaza who were shot by the IDF were taken to hospital in Egypt C.T scan show bullets in the head in at least 9 of them.
رئيس بي بي سي يفضح المتحدث الإسرائيلي الكذاب اوفير
مقطع نادر جدا: عندما تلقى تليفزيون بي بي سي العربي تهديدات من اسرائيل لضرب مكتب بي بي سي لقتل المراسل شهدي...
Videos provided by Youtube are under the copyright of their owners.
Attractions and noteworthy things
Distances are based on the centre of the city/town and sightseeing location. This list contains brief abstracts about monuments, holiday activities, national parcs, museums, organisations and more from the area as well as interesting facts about the region itself. Where available, you'll find the corresponding homepage. Otherwise the related wikipedia article.
Battle of Rafa
The Battle of Rafa, also known by the British as the Action of Rafah, took place on 9 January 1917 completed the recapture of the Sinai Peninsula during the Sinai and Palestine Campaign of the First World War. Desert Column attacked the entrenched Ottoman Army garrison at el Magruntein to the south of Rafa, close to the frontier between the Sultanate of Egypt and the Ottoman Empire, in the area to the north and east of Sheikh Zowaiid.
These are some bigger and more relevant cities in the wider vivinity of Qaryat al Ma‘nīyah.
- Ash Shaykh Zuwayd
- Al -Arish
- Tel Aviv
- Bi'r al `Abd
- Karney Shomron
- Ghawr al Mazra`ah
- Ar Rishah
- At Tafilah
- Al `Arid
- Al Mazar al Janubi
- Ash Shawbak
- Al Husayniyah
- Al Qasr
- Ash Shunah al Janubiyah
- Al Mughayyir
This place is known by different names. Here the ones we know:
Qaryat al Ma‘nīyah, قرية المعنية