in Okres Zvolen of Banska Bystrica, Slovakia
- Sliač Airport (4 mi)
- Lučenec Airport (31 mi)
- Žilina Airport (52 mi)
- Piešťany Airport (61 mi)
- Nowy Targ Airport (74 mi)
- Budapest Listz Ferenc Internationall Airport (79 mi)
- Ostrava Leos Janáček Airport (91 mi)
- M. R. Štefánik Airport (93 mi)
- Bielsko-Bialo Kaniow Airfield (95 mi)
- John Paul II International Airport Kraków-Balice Airport (108 mi)
- Vienna International Airport (123 mi)
- Historic Town of Banská Štiavnica and the Technical Monuments in its Vicinity (Unesco heritage, 14 mi)
- Vlkolínec (Unesco heritage, 33 mi)
- Old Village of Hollókő and its Surroundings (Unesco heritage, 44 mi)
- Wooden Churches of the Slovak part of the Carpathian Mountain Area (Unesco heritage, 56 mi)
- Caves of Aggtelek Karst and Slovak Karst (Unesco heritage, 61 mi)
- Budapest, including the Banks of the Danube, the Buda Castle Quarter and Andrássy Avenue (Unesco heritage, 76 mi)
- Levoča, Spišský Hrad and the Associated Cultural Monuments (Unesco heritage, 79 mi)
- Kalwaria Zebrzydowska: the Mannerist Architectural and Park Landscape Complex and Pilgrimage Park (Unesco heritage, 92 mi)
- Auschwitz Birkenau German Nazi Concentration and Extermination Camp (1940-1945) (Unesco heritage, 101 mi)
- Wieliczka and Bochnia Royal Salt Mines (Unesco heritage, 105 mi)
- Decimal Coordinates (Latitude, Longitude):
- 48.574 and 19.153 (Lat./Lng.)
- Coordinates by Time:
- N 48° 34' 27" and E 19° 9' 11"
- Currency and Currency Code:
- Euro - EUR
- Spoken languages:
- Slovak, Hungarian
- Local electricity:
- 230 V - 50 Hz (plugs: G)
- Mobile phone / cellular frequencies (MHz):
- 900 MHz, 1800 MHz, 3G, 4G
- Local Time: 04:44 PM (Thursday)
- Timezone: Europe/Bratislava
- UTC/GMT offset: 1 hours
- Sunrise and Sunset:
- 7:08 am and 3:53 pm
- Antipode Coordinates:
- -44.033 and -176.367 (Lat./Lng.)
- Closest place to antipode coordinates:
- This place on Wikipedia
- This place on Geonames.org
Safety Score: 3,8 of 5.0 based on data from 9 authorites. Meaning please reconsider your need to travel to Slovakia.
Travel warnings are updated daily. Source: Travel Warning Slovakia. Last Update: 2020-11-26 08:22:17
Zvolen in Okres Zvolen (Banska Bystrica) with it's 44,502 residents is a town located in Slovakia about 98 mi (or 158 km) east of Bratislava, the country's capital place.
Time in Zvolen is now 04:44 PM (Thursday). The local timezone is named Europe / Bratislava with an UTC offset of one hour. We know of 11 airports nearby Zvolen, of which 4 are larger airports. The closest airport in Slovakia is Sliač Airport in a distance of 4 mi (or 7 km), North. Besides the airports, there are other travel options available (check left side).
There are several Unesco world heritage sites nearby. The closest heritage site in Slovakia is Historic Town of Banská Štiavnica and the Technical Monuments in its Vicinity in a distance of 14 mi (or 23 km), South-West. Need some hints on where to stay? We compiled a list of available hotels close to the map centre further down the page.
Being here already, you might want to pay a visit to some of the following locations: Banska Bystrica, Krupina, Banska Stiavnica, Ziar nad Hronom and Turcianske Teplice. To further explore this place, just scroll down and browse the available info.
Local weather forecast
Todays Local Weather Conditions & Forecast: 4°C / 39 °F
|Morning Temperature||-1°C / 31 °F|
|Evening Temperature||1°C / 34 °F|
|Night Temperature||-0°C / 32 °F|
|Chance of rainfall||0%|
|Air Pressure||1025 hPa|
|Wind Speed||Setting with 0 km/h (0 mph) from North-East|
|Cloud Conditions||Clear sky, covering 0% of sky|
|General Conditions||Sky is clear|
Friday, 27th of November 2020
4°C (38 °F)
0°C (32 °F)
Overcast clouds, calm.
Saturday, 28th of November 2020
5°C (40 °F)
-0°C (32 °F)
Sky is clear, calm, clear sky.
Sunday, 29th of November 2020
2°C (35 °F)
-2°C (28 °F)
Few clouds, calm.
Hotels and Places to Stay
Videos from this area
These are videos related to the place based on their proximity to this place.
Zem a Vek - beseda Zvolen časť 1.
Viac info bude na stránke http://zv-podujatia.com/2015/02/20/nepokoje-na-pokojnej-akcii-zem-vek-v-kniznici.
01 Cabview 754 v úseku Zvolen - Vígľaš
R803 Gemeran Bratislava - Prešov v úseku Zvolen - Vígľaš Hnací Vozidlo (loco): Okuliarnik 754.072 Júlia RD Zvolen.
DOWNLOAD open air 2008 Zvolen castle promo
Download open air 2008 promo video @ Zvolen castle, Slovakia 11.07.2008 - 12.07.2008.
Videos provided by Youtube are under the copyright of their owners.
Attractions and noteworthy things
Distances are based on the centre of the city/town and sightseeing location. This list contains brief abstracts about monuments, holiday activities, national parcs, museums, organisations and more from the area as well as interesting facts about the region itself. Where available, you'll find the corresponding homepage. Otherwise the related wikipedia article.
Zvolen Castle (Slovak: Zvolenský zámok or incorrectly Zvolenský hrad, Hungarian: zólyomi vár) is a medieval castle located on a hill near the center of Zvolen, in central Slovakia. The original seat of the region was above the confluence of Slatina and Hron rivers on a steep cliff in a castle from the 12th century, known today as Pustý hrad (meaning "Deserted castle").
Zvolen District (okres Zvolen) is a district in the Banská Bystrica Region of central Slovakia. Until 1918, most of the present-day district belonged to the Zvolen county, apart from Lešť in the south-west which was part of the county of Gemer a Malohont.
Zvolen Ice Stadium
Zvolen Zimny Arena is an arena in Zvolen, Slovakia. It is primarily used for ice hockey and is the home arena of HKm Zvolen. It has a capacity of 7,038 people and was built in 1966.
Lieskovec, Zvolen District
Lieskovec is a village and municipality of the Zvolen District in the Banská Bystrica Region of Slovakia.
These are some bigger and more relevant cities in the wider vivinity of Zvolen.
- Banska Bystrica
- Banska Stiavnica
- Ziar nad Hronom
- Turcianske Teplice
- Velky Krtis
- Dolny Kubin
- Zlate Moravce
- Kysucke Nove Mesto
- Povazska Bystrica
This place is known by different names. Here the ones we know:
Zólyom, Zvolen, Altsohl, Zwoleń, Зволен