in Banska Bystrica, Slovakia
- Caves of Aggtelek Karst and Slovak Karst (Unesco heritage, 32 mi)
- Old Village of Hollókő and its Surroundings (Unesco heritage, 33 mi)
- Historic Town of Banská Štiavnica and the Technical Monuments in its Vicinity (Unesco heritage, 41 mi)
- Vlkolínec (Unesco heritage, 48 mi)
- Levoča, Spišský Hrad and the Associated Cultural Monuments (Unesco heritage, 59 mi)
- Wooden Churches of the Slovak part of the Carpathian Mountain Area (Unesco heritage, 63 mi)
- Budapest, including the Banks of the Danube, the Buda Castle Quarter and Andrássy Avenue (Unesco heritage, 74 mi)
- Tokaj Wine Region Historic Cultural Landscape (Unesco heritage, 74 mi)
- Kalwaria Zebrzydowska: the Mannerist Architectural and Park Landscape Complex and Pilgrimage Park (Unesco heritage, 99 mi)
- Wieliczka and Bochnia Royal Salt Mines (Unesco heritage, 108 mi)
- Decimal Coordinates (Latitude, Longitude):
- 48.431 and 19.794 (Lat./Lng.)
- Coordinates by Time:
- N 48° 25' 51" and E 19° 47' 38"
- Currency and Currency Code:
- Euro - EUR
- Spoken languages:
- Slovak, Hungarian
- Local electricity:
- 230 V - 50 Hz (plugs: G)
- Mobile phone / cellular frequencies (MHz):
- 900 MHz, 1800 MHz, 3G, 4G
- Local Time: 04:46 AM (Sunday)
- Timezone: Europe/Bratislava
- UTC/GMT offset: 1 hours
- Sunrise and Sunset:
- 6:33 am and 6:29 pm
- Antipode Coordinates:
- -44.033 and -176.367 (Lat./Lng.)
- Closest place to antipode coordinates:
- This place on Wikipedia
- This place on Geonames.org
Safety Score: 3,8 of 5.0 based on data from 9 authorites. Meaning please reconsider your need to travel to Slovakia.
Travel warnings are updated daily. Source: Travel Warning Slovakia. Last Update: 2021-06-16 08:28:49
Poltár in Banska Bystrica with it's 6,099 citizens is a town in Slovakia about 125 mi (or 201 km) east of Bratislava, the country's capital city.
Current time in Poltár is now 04:46 AM (Sunday). The local timezone is named Europe / Bratislava with an UTC offset of 2 hours. We know of 9 airports near Poltár, of which 3 are larger airports. The closest airport in Slovakia is Lučenec Airport in a distance of 7 mi (or 11 km), South. Besides the airports, there are other travel options available (check left side).
There are several Unesco world heritage sites nearby. The closest heritage site is Caves of Aggtelek Karst and Slovak Karst in Hungary at a distance of 32 mi (or 51 km). The closest in Slovakia is Historic Town of Banská Štiavnica and the Technical Monuments in its Vicinity in a distance of 41 mi (or 51 km), East.
When in this area, you might want to pay a visit to some of the following locations: Lucenec, Rimavska Sobota, Salgotarjan, Brezno and Revuca. To further explore this place, just scroll down and browse the available info.
Local weather forecast
Todays Local Weather Conditions & Forecast: 22°C / 71 °F
|Morning Temperature||12°C / 53 °F|
|Evening Temperature||19°C / 67 °F|
|Night Temperature||15°C / 59 °F|
|Chance of rainfall||0%|
|Air Pressure||1021 hPa|
|Wind Speed||Light breeze with 4 km/h (2 mph) from South|
|Cloud Conditions||Clear sky, covering 1% of sky|
|General Conditions||Sky is clear|
Monday, 27th of September 2021
22°C (72 °F)
18°C (64 °F)
Sky is clear, light breeze, clear sky.
Tuesday, 28th of September 2021
21°C (71 °F)
13°C (56 °F)
Scattered clouds, light breeze.
Wednesday, 29th of September 2021
17°C (63 °F)
16°C (61 °F)
Overcast clouds, light breeze.
Videos from this area
These are videos related to the place based on their proximity to this place.
Lučenec, jazda mestom v osemdesiatych rokoch 1/2
Nahrávka jazdy mestom Lučenec pred niekoľkými desaťročiami. Spomínajte a kochajte sa.
Supercela, Lučenec (SK), 11.07.2014, 18:30 hod.
V tomto momente sa nachádzala cca nad obcou Veľké Dravce.
Boletus impolitus - hríb plavý, Lučenec (SK), 03.06.2014
Boletus aereus - hríb bronzový, Lučenec (SK), 07.07.2013
Urban Exploration - Abandoned Factory (Lučenec, Slovakia)
Stillgelegte Fabrik nahe Lučenec in der Slowakei. Video: navik.de Audio: Eschberg (Unreleased demotrack. More on Eschberg.de)
Boletus aereus - hríb bronzový, Lučenec (SK), 17.07.2014
Videos provided by Youtube are under the copyright of their owners.
Attractions and noteworthy things
Distances are based on the centre of the city/town and sightseeing location. This list contains brief abstracts about monuments, holiday activities, national parcs, museums, organisations and more from the area as well as interesting facts about the region itself. Where available, you'll find the corresponding homepage. Otherwise the related wikipedia article.
Poltár District (okres Poltár) is a district in the south of the Banská Bystrica Region of central Slovakia. It was established in 1996. In its present borders exists from 2002, when municipalities Pinciná and Nové Hony were assigned to the Lučenec District. It is the sixth smallest district in Slovakia. Poltár District consists of 22 municipalities, from which one has a town status.
These are some bigger and more relevant cities in the wider vivinity of Poltár.
- Rimavska Sobota
- Velky Krtis
- Banska Bystrica
- Dolny Kubin
- Spisska Nova Ves
This place is known by different names. Here the ones we know:
Poltár, بولتار, پلتار, Poltar, Poltāra, Полтар, پولتار, 波爾塔爾