Žiar nad Hronom
in Banska Bystrica, Slovakia
- Sliač Airport (13 mi)
- Lučenec Airport (44 mi)
- Žilina Airport (45 mi)
- Piešťany Airport (47 mi)
- M. R. Štefánik Airport (81 mi)
- Budapest Listz Ferenc Internationall Airport (82 mi)
- Győr-Pér International Airport (82 mi)
- Ostrava Leos Janáček Airport (83 mi)
- Bielsko-Bialo Kaniow Airfield (93 mi)
- Vienna International Airport (110 mi)
- John Paul II International Airport Kraków-Balice Airport (111 mi)
- Historic Town of Banská Štiavnica and the Technical Monuments in its Vicinity (Unesco heritage, 9 mi)
- Vlkolínec (Unesco heritage, 37 mi)
- Old Village of Hollókő and its Surroundings (Unesco heritage, 52 mi)
- Wooden Churches of the Slovak part of the Carpathian Mountain Area (Unesco heritage, 61 mi)
- Caves of Aggtelek Karst and Slovak Karst (Unesco heritage, 75 mi)
- Budapest, including the Banks of the Danube, the Buda Castle Quarter and Andrássy Avenue (Unesco heritage, 77 mi)
- Gardens and Castle at Kroměříž (Unesco heritage, 83 mi)
- Millenary Benedictine Abbey of Pannonhalma and its Natural Environment (Unesco heritage, 87 mi)
- Kalwaria Zebrzydowska: the Mannerist Architectural and Park Landscape Complex and Pilgrimage Park (Unesco heritage, 95 mi)
- Auschwitz Birkenau German Nazi Concentration and Extermination Camp (1940-1945) (Unesco heritage, 101 mi)
- Decimal Coordinates (Latitude, Longitude):
- 48.592 and 18.850 (Lat./Lng.)
- Coordinates by Time:
- N 48° 35' 30" and E 18° 50' 58"
- Currency and Currency Code:
- Euro - EUR
- Spoken languages:
- Slovak, Hungarian
- Local electricity:
- 230 V - 50 Hz (plugs: G)
- Mobile phone / cellular frequencies (MHz):
- 900 MHz, 1800 MHz, 3G, 4G
- Local Time: 09:48 AM (Friday)
- Timezone: Europe/Bratislava
- UTC/GMT offset: 1 hours
- Sunrise and Sunset:
- 7:20 am and 3:50 pm
- Antipode Coordinates:
- -44.033 and -176.367 (Lat./Lng.)
- Closest place to antipode coordinates:
- This place on Wikipedia
- This place on Geonames.org
Safety Score: 3,8 of 5.0 based on data from 9 authorites. Meaning please reconsider your need to travel to Slovakia.
Travel warnings are updated daily. Source: Travel Warning Slovakia. Last Update: 2020-12-03 08:31:48
Discover Žiar nad Hronom
Žiar nad Hronom in Banska Bystrica with it's 19,392 citizens is a town in Slovakia about 86 mi (or 138 km) east of Bratislava, the country's capital city.
Current time in Žiar nad Hronom is now 09:48 AM (Friday). The local timezone is named Europe / Bratislava with an UTC offset of one hour. We know of 11 airports near Žiar nad Hronom, of which 4 are larger airports. The closest airport in Slovakia is Sliač Airport in a distance of 13 mi (or 22 km), East. Besides the airports, there are other travel options available (check left side).
There are several Unesco world heritage sites nearby. The closest heritage site in Slovakia is Historic Town of Banská Štiavnica and the Technical Monuments in its Vicinity in a distance of 9 mi (or 15 km), South. Looking for a place to stay? we compiled a list of available hotels close to the map centre further down the page.
When in this area, you might want to pay a visit to some of the following locations: Banska Stiavnica, Zarnovica, Turcianske Teplice, Prievidza and Zvolen. To further explore this place, just scroll down and browse the available info.
Local weather forecast
Todays Local Weather Conditions & Forecast: 3°C / 38 °F
|Morning Temperature||2°C / 36 °F|
|Evening Temperature||3°C / 37 °F|
|Night Temperature||3°C / 38 °F|
|Chance of rainfall||0%|
|Air Pressure||1005 hPa|
|Wind Speed||Gentle Breeze with 6 km/h (4 mph) from North-West|
|Cloud Conditions||Overcast clouds, covering 99% of sky|
|General Conditions||Overcast clouds|
Saturday, 5th of December 2020
5°C (41 °F)
4°C (39 °F)
Overcast clouds, light breeze.
Sunday, 6th of December 2020
8°C (46 °F)
7°C (45 °F)
Overcast clouds, gentle breeze.
Monday, 7th of December 2020
7°C (44 °F)
5°C (41 °F)
Light rain, gentle breeze, overcast clouds.
Hotels and Places to Stay
Videos from this area
These are videos related to the place based on their proximity to this place.
R2, Žiar nad Hronom (obchvat)
04:00 north - south (sever - juh) This short section (bypass of town Ziar nad Hronom) is the only section of motorway opened this year in Slovakia; Trunk road in half profile connecting intersecti...
SYSTEMATIC DEATH Live in Žiar nad Hronom, SK
"BACKDROP EU TOUR 2010" SYSTEMATIC DEATH @ "Amadeus" Žiar nad Hronom, SK / 23 Apr.
Rock preludium, TK UNI-DANCE Junior III Bratislava, Žiar nad Hronom 2014
choreografia Rock Preludium, TK UNI-DANCE Junior III Bratislava, choreograf Petr Horáček, 1.miesto, MČR v Plesových choreografiach, Chrudim 2014, kategória Seniori 3.miesto, Czech Open,...
V perinách, TK UNI-DANCE Bratislava, Žiar nad Hronom 2014
exhibícia V perinách, choreograf Petr Horáček, tancujú Adam Horňák & Silvia Krištofičová, TK UNI-DANCE Bratislava, 4.miesto, MSR v exhibíciach ŠTT, Žiar nad Hronom 2014.
Včelí raj, TK UNI-DANCE Bratislava, Žiar nad Hronom 2014
exhibícia Včelí raj, choreograf Petr Horáček, tancujú Peter Vöröš & Denisa Halická, TK UNI-DANCE Bratislava, 1.miesto, MSR v exhibíciach ŠTT, Žiar nad Hronom 2014.
Katka Knechtová Vo svetle žiariacich hviezd 2009 (City fest Žiar nad Hronom)
Katka Knechtová Vo svetle žiariacich hviezd live at City fest Žiar nad Hronom August 15th 2009 www.katkaknechtova.ttiorg.com.
Videos provided by Youtube are under the copyright of their owners.
Attractions and noteworthy things
Distances are based on the centre of the city/town and sightseeing location. This list contains brief abstracts about monuments, holiday activities, national parcs, museums, organisations and more from the area as well as interesting facts about the region itself. Where available, you'll find the corresponding homepage. Otherwise the related wikipedia article.
Žiar nad Hronom District
Žiar nad Hronom District (Slovak: okres Žiar nad Hronom) is a district in the Banská Bystrica Region of central Slovakia. Until 1918, the district was part of the county of Tekov.
Lutila is a village and municipality in Žiar nad Hronom District in the Banská Bystrica Region of central Slovakia.
Ladomerská Vieska is a village and municipality in Žiar nad Hronom District in the Banská Bystrica Region of central Slovakia.
Lovča is a village and municipality in Žiar nad Hronom District in the Banská Bystrica Region of central Slovakia.
Slovalco is a large Slovak company that produces 160,000 tonnes of aluminium and aluminium products per annum.
These are some bigger and more relevant cities in the wider vivinity of Žiar nad Hronom.
- Banska Stiavnica
- Turcianske Teplice
- Banska Bystrica
- Zlate Moravce
- Banovce nad Bebravou
- Velky Krtis
- Povazska Bystrica
- Kysucke Nove Mesto
- Dolny Kubin
This place is known by different names. Here the ones we know:
Svätý Kríž nad Hronom, Žiar nad Hronom