in Banska Bystrica, Slovakia
- Lučenec Airport (3 mi)
- Sliač Airport (32 mi)
- Miskolc Airport (53 mi)
- Budapest Listz Ferenc Internationall Airport (65 mi)
- Košice Airport (76 mi)
- Žilina Airport (78 mi)
- Nowy Targ Airport (80 mi)
- M. R. Štefánik Airport (113 mi)
- Bielsko-Bialo Kaniow Airfield (115 mi)
- John Paul II International Airport Kraków-Balice Airport (121 mi)
- Old Village of Hollókő and its Surroundings (Unesco heritage, 24 mi)
- Historic Town of Banská Štiavnica and the Technical Monuments in its Vicinity (Unesco heritage, 36 mi)
- Caves of Aggtelek Karst and Slovak Karst (Unesco heritage, 39 mi)
- Vlkolínec (Unesco heritage, 52 mi)
- Budapest, including the Banks of the Danube, the Buda Castle Quarter and Andrássy Avenue (Unesco heritage, 65 mi)
- Levoča, Spišský Hrad and the Associated Cultural Monuments (Unesco heritage, 68 mi)
- Wooden Churches of the Slovak part of the Carpathian Mountain Area (Unesco heritage, 70 mi)
- Tokaj Wine Region Historic Cultural Landscape (Unesco heritage, 78 mi)
- Hortobágy National Park - the Puszta (Unesco heritage, 86 mi)
- Kalwaria Zebrzydowska: the Mannerist Architectural and Park Landscape Complex and Pilgrimage Park (Unesco heritage, 106 mi)
- Decimal Coordinates (Latitude, Longitude):
- 48.332 and 19.667 (Lat./Lng.)
- Coordinates by Time:
- N 48° 19' 56" and E 19° 40' 1"
- Currency and Currency Code:
- Euro - EUR
- Spoken languages:
- Slovak, Hungarian
- Local electricity:
- 230 V - 50 Hz (plugs: G)
- Mobile phone / cellular frequencies (MHz):
- 900 MHz, 1800 MHz, 3G, 4G
- Local Time: 01:18 AM (Friday)
- Timezone: Europe/Bratislava
- UTC/GMT offset: 1 hours
- Sunrise and Sunset:
- 5:24 am and 8:10 pm
- Antipode Coordinates:
- -44.033 and -176.367 (Lat./Lng.)
- Closest place to antipode coordinates:
- This place on Wikipedia
- This place on Geonames.org
Safety Score: 3,8 of 5.0 based on data from 9 authorites. Meaning please reconsider your need to travel to Slovakia.
Travel warnings are updated daily. Source: Travel Warning Slovakia. Last Update: 2021-06-16 08:28:49
Delve into Lučenec
Lučenec in Banska Bystrica with it's 28,159 habitants is located in Slovakia about 118 mi (or 191 km) east of Bratislava, the country's capital town.
Current time in Lučenec is now 01:18 AM (Friday). The local timezone is named Europe / Bratislava with an UTC offset of 2 hours. We know of 10 airports close to Lučenec, of which 3 are larger airports. The closest airport in Slovakia is Lučenec Airport in a distance of 3 mi (or 5 km), East. Besides the airports, there are other travel options available (check left side).
There are several Unesco world heritage sites nearby. The closest heritage site is Old Village of Hollókő and its Surroundings in Hungary at a distance of 24 mi (or 39 km). The closest in Slovakia is Historic Town of Banská Štiavnica and the Technical Monuments in its Vicinity in a distance of 36 mi (or 39 km), South. If you need a hotel, we compiled a list of available hotels close to the map centre further down the page.
While being here, you might want to pay a visit to some of the following locations: Poltar, Salgotarjan, Szecseny, Velky Krtis and Rimavska Sobota. To further explore this place, just scroll down and browse the available info.
Local weather forecast
Todays Local Weather Conditions & Forecast: 22°C / 72 °F
|Morning Temperature||18°C / 64 °F|
|Evening Temperature||18°C / 65 °F|
|Night Temperature||15°C / 58 °F|
|Chance of rainfall||4%|
|Air Pressure||1005 hPa|
|Wind Speed||Light breeze with 5 km/h (3 mph) from South-West|
|Cloud Conditions||Overcast clouds, covering 100% of sky|
|General Conditions||Moderate rain|
Friday, 6th of August 2021
24°C (74 °F)
16°C (60 °F)
Scattered clouds, moderate breeze.
Saturday, 7th of August 2021
25°C (77 °F)
19°C (66 °F)
Sky is clear, gentle breeze, clear sky.
Sunday, 8th of August 2021
26°C (79 °F)
21°C (69 °F)
Light rain, gentle breeze, broken clouds.
Hotels and Places to Stay
Videos from this area
These are videos related to the place based on their proximity to this place.
Lučenec, jazda mestom v osemdesiatych rokoch 1/2
Nahrávka jazdy mestom Lučenec pred niekoľkými desaťročiami. Spomínajte a kochajte sa.
Supercela, Lučenec (SK), 11.07.2014, 18:30 hod.
V tomto momente sa nachádzala cca nad obcou Veľké Dravce.
Boletus impolitus - hríb plavý, Lučenec (SK), 03.06.2014
Boletus impolitus - hríb plavý, Lučenec, 29.10.2012
http://www.nahuby.sk/ http://www.nahuby.sk/fotogalerie_autora.php?uzivatel_id=14359 Lučenec okolie.
Boletus aereus - hríb bronzový, Lučenec (SK), 07.07.2013
Urban Exploration - Abandoned Factory (Lučenec, Slovakia)
Stillgelegte Fabrik nahe Lučenec in der Slowakei. Video: navik.de Audio: Eschberg (Unreleased demotrack. More on Eschberg.de)
Boletus aereus - hríb bronzový, Lučenec (SK), 17.07.2014
Videos provided by Youtube are under the copyright of their owners.
Attractions and noteworthy things
Distances are based on the centre of the city/town and sightseeing location. This list contains brief abstracts about monuments, holiday activities, national parcs, museums, organisations and more from the area as well as interesting facts about the region itself. Where available, you'll find the corresponding homepage. Otherwise the related wikipedia article.
Lučenec District (okres Lučenec) is a district in the Banská Bystrica Region of south-central Slovakia. Until 1918, most of the district belong to the Novohrad county, with a small area around the villages of Šíd, Čamovce and Šurice in the east belonging to the Gemer a Malohont county. The district is situated in the Southern Slovak Basin, in the broad valley of the Ipeľ River.
Mikušovce, Lučenec District
Mikušovce is a village and municipality in the Lučenec District in the Banská Bystrica Region of Slovakia.
Vidiná is a village and municipality in the Lučenec District in the Banská Bystrica Region of Slovakia.
Mestský štadión (Lučenec)
The Mestský štadión is a multi-purpose stadium in Lučenec, Slovakia, currently used mostly for football matches. It is the home ground of FK LAFC Lučenec and holds a capacity of 5,000 people. The stadium was damaged during the 2010 Central European floods.
These districts belong to Lučenec.Other districts
These are districts that are close by, but belong to a different city than Lučenec.Popular in vicinity
These are some bigger and more relevant cities in the wider vivinity of Lučenec.
This place is known by different names. Here the ones we know:
Losoncz, Losonc, Lučenec, LUE, Лученец