in Zilina, Slovakia
- Nowy Targ Airport (26 mi)
- Žilina Airport (41 mi)
- Bielsko-Bialo Kaniow Airfield (42 mi)
- John Paul II International Airport Kraków-Balice Airport (48 mi)
- Sliač Airport (55 mi)
- Gliwice Glider Airport (70 mi)
- Lučenec Airport (75 mi)
- Katowice International Airport (76 mi)
- M. R. Štefánik Airport (134 mi)
- Budapest Listz Ferenc Internationall Airport (137 mi)
- Wooden Churches of the Slovak part of the Carpathian Mountain Area (Unesco heritage, 6 mi)
- Vlkolínec (Unesco heritage, 27 mi)
- Kalwaria Zebrzydowska: the Mannerist Architectural and Park Landscape Complex and Pilgrimage Park (Unesco heritage, 33 mi)
- Auschwitz Birkenau German Nazi Concentration and Extermination Camp (1940-1945) (Unesco heritage, 46 mi)
- Wieliczka and Bochnia Royal Salt Mines (Unesco heritage, 47 mi)
- Historic Centre of Kraków (Unesco heritage, 50 mi)
- Levoča, Spišský Hrad and the Associated Cultural Monuments (Unesco heritage, 65 mi)
- Historic Town of Banská Štiavnica and the Technical Monuments in its Vicinity (Unesco heritage, 71 mi)
- Caves of Aggtelek Karst and Slovak Karst (Unesco heritage, 79 mi)
- Old Village of Hollókő and its Surroundings (Unesco heritage, 98 mi)
- Decimal Coordinates (Latitude, Longitude):
- 49.408 and 19.480 (Lat./Lng.)
- Coordinates by Time:
- N 49° 24' 28" and E 19° 28' 49"
- Currency and Currency Code:
- Euro - EUR
- Spoken languages:
- Slovak, Hungarian
- Local electricity:
- 230 V - 50 Hz (plugs: G)
- Mobile phone / cellular frequencies (MHz):
- 900 MHz, 1800 MHz, 3G, 4G
- Local Time: 09:12 AM (Friday)
- Timezone: Europe/Bratislava
- UTC/GMT offset: 1 hours
- Sunrise and Sunset:
- 7:21 am and 3:44 pm
- Antipode Coordinates:
- -44.033 and -176.367 (Lat./Lng.)
- Closest place to antipode coordinates:
- This place on Wikipedia
- This place on Geonames.org
Safety Score: 3,8 of 5.0 based on data from 9 authorites. Meaning please reconsider your need to travel to Slovakia.
Travel warnings are updated daily. Source: Travel Warning Slovakia. Last Update: 2020-12-03 08:31:48
Námestovo in Zilina with it's 8,135 residents is a town located in Slovakia about 139 mi (or 223 km) north-east of Bratislava, the country's capital place.
Time in Námestovo is now 09:12 AM (Friday). The local timezone is named Europe / Bratislava with an UTC offset of one hour. We know of 10 airports nearby Námestovo, of which 3 are larger airports. The closest is airport we know is Nowy Targ Airport in Poland in a distance of 26 mi (or 42 km). The closest airport in Slovakia is Žilina Airport in a distance of 41 mi (or 42 km), East. Besides the airports, there are other travel options available (check left side).
There are several Unesco world heritage sites nearby. The closest heritage site in Slovakia is Wooden Churches of the Slovak part of the Carpathian Mountain Area in a distance of 6 mi (or 10 km), South-East. Need some hints on where to stay? We compiled a list of available hotels close to the map centre further down the page.
Being here already, you might want to pay a visit to some of the following locations: Tvrdosin, Lipnica Wielka, Jablonka, Zawoja and Dolny Kubin. To further explore this place, just scroll down and browse the available info.
Local weather forecast
Todays Local Weather Conditions & Forecast: 3°C / 37 °F
|Morning Temperature||-0°C / 32 °F|
|Evening Temperature||0°C / 33 °F|
|Night Temperature||1°C / 35 °F|
|Chance of rainfall||0%|
|Air Pressure||1004 hPa|
|Wind Speed||Light breeze with 5 km/h (3 mph) from North|
|Cloud Conditions||Overcast clouds, covering 92% of sky|
|General Conditions||Overcast clouds|
Saturday, 5th of December 2020
5°C (41 °F)
2°C (36 °F)
Overcast clouds, light breeze.
Sunday, 6th of December 2020
5°C (41 °F)
2°C (35 °F)
Overcast clouds, light breeze.
Monday, 7th of December 2020
4°C (38 °F)
2°C (35 °F)
Light rain, light breeze, overcast clouds.
Hotels and Places to Stay
Videos from this area
These are videos related to the place based on their proximity to this place.
Slanický ostrov umenia Námestovo
Slanický ostrov, nazývaný tiež Ostrov umenia, je ostrov (3,5 ha) obklopený vodami vodnej nádrže Orava. Je to pozostatok zaplavenej obce Slanica so zachovaným Kostolom Povýšenia sv....
Cuba Libre Namestovo: Gabika learns barman-tricks
The girl behind the bar of Cuba Libre (ex-Boston, Namestovo) teaches Gabika how to play with the bottles. - I was really afraid she smashes the bottles and glasses behind her.
Cuba Libre Namestovo - 1 year party (4/4)
1 year Cockatil-Bar Cuba Libre (ex Boston) in Namestovo - Gabika and Nadja dancing.
Videos provided by Youtube are under the copyright of their owners.
Attractions and noteworthy things
Distances are based on the centre of the city/town and sightseeing location. This list contains brief abstracts about monuments, holiday activities, national parcs, museums, organisations and more from the area as well as interesting facts about the region itself. Where available, you'll find the corresponding homepage. Otherwise the related wikipedia article.
Námestovo District (okres Námestovo) is a district in the Žilina Region of central Slovakia. Until 1918, the district was part of the county of Kingdom of Hungary of Orava.
Klin, Námestovo District
Klin is a village and municipality in Námestovo District in the Žilina Region of northern Slovakia.
Bird Island, Slovakia, Šamorín
Bird Island is a small island (6.86 hectares) in the Hrušovská zdrž (2518 ha), which is part of Gabčíkovo Reservoir, south-west of Šamorín, Slovakia. The island was built because of the constructions of the Gabčíkovo-Nagymaros dams on the Danube as habitat compensation for areas consequently flooded. The island is part of proposed special protected areas Dunajské luhy for waterbirds.
The Namestovo church was built somewhere between 1655 to 1658. It was a chapel which now serves as an entry to the church. Later it was rebuilt and enlarged several times, after a great fire at the end of the 18th century. The first Namestovo church's pastor was Ján Neborovini, later Štefan Boczko ascended his post, who have performed here to year 1672 and was disconolately engaged in Piko's rebellion. Then he fled before punishment to Transylvania.
These are some bigger and more relevant cities in the wider vivinity of Námestovo.
- Lipnica Wielka
- Dolny Kubin
- Sucha Beskidzka
- Czarny Dunajec
- Makow Podhalanski
- Kalwaria Zebrzydowska
- Bialy Dunajec
- Nowy Targ
This place is known by different names. Here the ones we know:
Namiestów, Námesztó, Námestovo, ناميستوفو, نامستوو, Namestovo, Nāmestovo, Наместово, 納梅斯托沃