in Okres Prešov of Presov, Slovakia
- Košice Airport (23 mi)
- Uzhhorod International Airport (53 mi)
- Nowy Targ Airport (62 mi)
- Miskolc Airport (63 mi)
- Lučenec Airport (82 mi)
- Rzeszów-Jasionka Airport (84 mi)
- John Paul II International Airport Kraków-Balice Airport (99 mi)
- Debrecen International Airport (106 mi)
- Budapest Listz Ferenc Internationall Airport (141 mi)
- Bardejov Town Conservation Reserve (Unesco heritage, 20 mi)
- Levoča, Spišský Hrad and the Associated Cultural Monuments (Unesco heritage, 21 mi)
- Wooden Tserkvas of the Carpathian Region in Poland and Ukraine (Unesco heritage, 38 mi)
- Caves of Aggtelek Karst and Slovak Karst (Unesco heritage, 50 mi)
- Wooden Churches of Southern Małopolska (Unesco heritage, 52 mi)
- Primeval Beech Forests of the Carpathians and the Ancient Beech Forests of Germany (Unesco heritage, 59 mi)
- Tokaj Wine Region Historic Cultural Landscape (Unesco heritage, 59 mi)
- Wieliczka and Bochnia Royal Salt Mines (Unesco heritage, 86 mi)
- Historic Centre of Kraków (Unesco heritage, 93 mi)
- Hortobágy National Park - the Puszta (Unesco heritage, 97 mi)
- Decimal Coordinates (Latitude, Longitude):
- 48.998 and 21.234 (Lat./Lng.)
- Coordinates by Time:
- N 48° 59' 54" and E 21° 14' 2"
- Currency and Currency Code:
- Euro - EUR
- Spoken languages:
- Slovak, Hungarian
- Local electricity:
- 230 V - 50 Hz (plugs: G)
- Mobile phone / cellular frequencies (MHz):
- 900 MHz, 1800 MHz, 3G, 4G
- Local Time: 08:28 AM (Saturday)
- Timezone: Europe/Bratislava
- UTC/GMT offset: 1 hours
- Sunrise and Sunset:
- 7:08 am and 4:27 pm
- Antipode Coordinates:
- -44.033 and -176.367 (Lat./Lng.)
- Closest place to antipode coordinates:
- This place on Wikipedia
- This place on Geonames.org
Safety Score: 4,2 of 5.0 based on data from 9 authorites. Meaning please reconsider your need to travel to Slovakia.
Travel warnings are updated daily. Source: Travel Warning Slovakia. Last Update: 2022-01-28 08:27:39
Prešov in Okres Prešov (Presov) with it's 94,718 residents is a town located in Slovakia about 198 mi (or 318 km) east of Bratislava, the country's capital place.
Time in Prešov is now 08:28 AM (Saturday). The local timezone is named Europe / Bratislava with an UTC offset of one hour. We know of 9 airports nearby Prešov, of which two are larger airports. The closest airport in Slovakia is Košice Airport in a distance of 23 mi (or 37 km), South. Besides the airports, there are other travel options available (check left side).
There are several Unesco world heritage sites nearby. The closest heritage site in Slovakia is Bardejov Town Conservation Reserve in a distance of 20 mi (or 33 km), North. Need some hints on where to stay? We compiled a list of available hotels close to the map centre further down the page.
Being here already, you might want to pay a visit to some of the following locations: Sabinov, Kosice, Bardejov, Gelnica and Svidnik. To further explore this place, just scroll down and browse the available info.
Local weather forecast
Todays Local Weather Conditions & Forecast: 0°C / 33 °F
|Morning Temperature||-5°C / 24 °F|
|Evening Temperature||-2°C / 28 °F|
|Night Temperature||-1°C / 31 °F|
|Chance of rainfall||1%|
|Air Pressure||1027 hPa|
|Wind Speed||Light breeze with 5 km/h (3 mph) from North|
|Cloud Conditions||Scattered clouds, covering 48% of sky|
Sunday, 30th of January 2022
3°C (37 °F)
1°C (35 °F)
Rain and snow, fresh breeze, broken clouds.
Monday, 31st of January 2022
-0°C (31 °F)
-3°C (27 °F)
Broken clouds, fresh breeze.
Tuesday, 1st of February 2022
-0°C (32 °F)
-3°C (27 °F)
Light snow, light breeze, broken clouds.
Hotels and Places to Stay
Hotel Carpe Diem
Videos from this area
These are videos related to the place based on their proximity to this place.
Janka a Robo - svadobné video - Prešov 2014
Krátke video zo svadby v Prešove. Krásny svadobný pár, dobrá zábava a nechýbal ani svadobný tenis.
FS Solivarčan, Fašiangovanie Prešov
pozri: http://drienican.sk/fasiangovanie-v-presove/ pozri: http://solivarcan.webnode.sk/o-nas/ Fašiangovanie Prešov, FS Solivarčan...
Prešovské Vianoce 2014,-Nostro Canto Prešov
pozri: http://drienican.sk/fs-somka-presovske-vianoce/ Prešovské Vianoce 2014,-Miešaný spevácky zbor Nostro Canto Prešov.
Freerun Jam Summer 2011 Prešov
Parkour Freerun Jam Summer 2011 Prešov B.O.C. crew Silent Jump crew Freerun Fakulta, Sabinov We had a lot of fun and was so hot !!! B.O.C. crew Facebook : https://www.facebook.com...
Autoškola Prešov - autoškolaTINKA
http://zoznamfiriem.i-zona.sk/presov/494-autoskola-v-meste-presov.html TINKA autoškola v Prešove ponúka výcviky a kurzy na VP sk. A, B, C, D http://www.autoskolatinka.sk - autoškola prešov.
FS Jožka Príhodu z Petrovian, Fašiangovanie Prešov
pozri: http://drienican.sk/fasiangovanie-v-presove/ FS Jožka Príhodu z Petrovian, Fašiangovanie Prešov...
FS Sedličan, Fašiangovanie Prešov
pozri: http://drienican.sk/fasiangovanie-v-presove/ FS Sedličan, Fašiangovanie Prešov...
FS Petroviančan, Fašiangovanie Prešov
pozri: http://drienican.sk/fasiangovanie-v-presove/ Fašiangovanie Prešov, FS Petroviančan....
FC Tatran Prešov (green) (SK) 1:5 FC Atlet Kiev A (UA). Fragaria Cup 2014. 02.07.2014
Fragaria Cup 2014 Group B 02.07.2014 FC Tatran Prešov (green) (SK) 1:5 FC Atlet Kiev A (UA)
Videos provided by Youtube are under the copyright of their owners.
Attractions and noteworthy things
Distances are based on the centre of the city/town and sightseeing location. This list contains brief abstracts about monuments, holiday activities, national parcs, museums, organisations and more from the area as well as interesting facts about the region itself. Where available, you'll find the corresponding homepage. Otherwise the related wikipedia article.
Prešov District (okres Prešov) is a district in the Prešov Region of eastern Slovakia. Until 1918, the district was part of the county of Kingdom of Hungary of Šariš.
Štadión 1. FC Tatran Prešov
1. FC Tatran Prešov Stadium (Štadión 1. FC Tatran Prešov in Slovak) is a multi-purpose stadium in Prešov, Slovakia. It is currently used for football matches as home ground of the Corgoň Liga club 1. FC Tatran Prešov. The stadium holds 5,410 spectators (all seated).
Haniska, Prešov District
Haniska is a village and municipality in the Prešov District, Prešov Region in eastern Slovakia.
University of Prešov
The University of Prešov (in Prešov) (Slovak: Prešovská univerzita v Prešove) is a university in the Slovak city of Prešov. It was established by law in December 1996 by splitting the University of Pavol Jozef Šafárik in Košice into University of Pavol Jozef Šafárik in Košice and Prešov University in Prešov. It was officially established on 1 January 1997.
Temple of St. John the Baptist (Prešov)
Temple of St. John the Baptist (Prešov) (Slovak: Katedrála svätého Jána Krstiteľa) is a Greek Catholic cathedral, the seat of Archbishop of Prešov and the metropolitan church of Slovak Greek Catholic Province. Former eparchy bishops and martyrs Pavol Gojdič and Vasiľ Hopko are buried here. In temple also is the copy of Shroud of Turin.
Saint Nicholas Concathedral
St. Nicholas Concathedral (Slovak: Konkatedrála svätého Mikuláša) is one of the biggest churches in Slovakia. It's the main Roman Catholic church of the city of Prešov. The church is 55m long, 34.5m wide and 71m high (the tower). It was built in the middle of the 14th century and expanded in the early 16th century. The church burned down several times. The last restoration works were performed in the years 1982-1989. The concathedral is built in Gothic style.
These are some bigger and more relevant cities in the wider vivinity of Prešov.
Prešov › South-East: Hlavná − Client Center of the Municipality of Prešov, Prešov (source)
Webcams provided by webcam.travel are under the copyright of their owners.
This place is known by different names. Here the ones we know:
Eperjes, Prešov, פרשוב, POV, Prešova, Preszów, Пряшев, Прешов, Пряшів