in Balqa Governorate, Jordan
- Amman-Marka International Airport (14 mi)
- Queen Alia International Airport (28 mi)
- King Hussein Air College (32 mi)
- Ben Gurion International Airport (55 mi)
- Bar Yehuda Airfield (59 mi)
- Sde Dov Airport (60 mi)
- Ben Ya'akov Airport (63 mi)
- Haifa International Airport (66 mi)
- Damascus International Airport (99 mi)
- Beirut Rafic Hariri International Airport (120 mi)
- Ovda International Airport (158 mi)
- Um er-Rasas (Kastrom Mefa'a) (Unesco heritage, 42 mi)
- Birthplace of Jesus: Church of the Nativity and the Pilgrimage Route, Bethlehem (Unesco heritage, 45 mi)
- Palestine: Land of Olives and Vines – Cultural Landscape of Southern Jerusalem, Battir (Unesco heritage, 48 mi)
- Ancient City of Bosra (Unesco heritage, 49 mi)
- Biblical Tels - Megiddo, Hazor, Beer Sheba (Unesco heritage, 50 mi)
- Quseir Amra (Unesco heritage, 50 mi)
- White City of Tel-Aviv -- the Modern Movement (Unesco heritage, 60 mi)
- Masada (Unesco heritage, 61 mi)
- Sites of Human Evolution at Mount Carmel: The Nahal Me’arot / Wadi el-Mughara Caves (Unesco heritage, 63 mi)
- Caves of Maresha and Bet-Guvrin in the Judean Lowlands as a Microcosm of the Land of the Caves (Unesco heritage, 64 mi)
- Decimal Coordinates (Latitude, Longitude):
- 32.099 and 35.813 (Lat./Lng.)
- Coordinates by Time:
- N 32° 5' 56" and E 35° 48' 45"
- Currency and Currency Code:
- Dinar - JOD
- Spoken languages:
- Arabic, English
- Local electricity:
- 230 V - 50 Hz (plugs: G)
- Mobile phone / cellular frequencies (MHz):
- 900 MHz, 1800 MHz, 3G, 4G
- Local Time: 10:01 PM (Friday)
- Timezone: Asia/Amman
- UTC/GMT offset: 2 hours
- Sunrise and Sunset:
- 6:35 am and 5:00 pm
- Antipode Coordinates:
- -27.600 and -144.317 (Lat./Lng.)
- Closest place to antipode coordinates:
- This place on Geonames.org
Safety Score: 3,8 of 5.0 based on data from 9 authorites. Meaning please reconsider your need to travel to Jordan.
Travel warnings are updated daily. Source: Travel Warning Jordan. Last Update: 2022-01-21 08:03:40
Discover Umm Sindiyānah
Umm Sindiyānah in Balqa Governorate is a place in Jordan about 13 mi (or 20 km) north-west of Amman, the country's capital city.
Current time in Umm Sindiyānah is now 10:01 PM (Friday). The local timezone is named Asia / Amman with an UTC offset of 2 hours. We know of 11 airports near Umm Sindiyānah, of which 5 are larger airports. The closest airport in Jordan is Amman-Marka International Airport in a distance of 14 mi (or 22 km), South-East. Besides the airports, there are other travel options available (check left side).
There are several Unesco world heritage sites nearby. The closest heritage site in Jordan is Um er-Rasas (Kastrom Mefa'a) in a distance of 42 mi (or 67 km), South. If you need a hotel, we compiled a list of available hotels close to the map centre further down the page.
While being here, you might want to pay a visit to some of the following locations: `Ayn al Basha, `Allan, Al Mastabah, Al Fuhays and As Salt. To further explore this place, just scroll down and browse the available info.
Local weather forecast
Todays Local Weather Conditions & Forecast: 7°C / 44 °F
|Morning Temperature||1°C / 34 °F|
|Evening Temperature||8°C / 47 °F|
|Night Temperature||4°C / 39 °F|
|Chance of rainfall||0%|
|Air Pressure||1029 hPa|
|Wind Speed||Gentle Breeze with 7 km/h (4 mph) from West|
|Cloud Conditions||Clear sky, covering 1% of sky|
|General Conditions||Sky is clear|
Saturday, 22nd of January 2022
7°C (45 °F)
4°C (39 °F)
Sky is clear, gentle breeze, clear sky.
Sunday, 23rd of January 2022
7°C (45 °F)
3°C (38 °F)
Light rain, fresh breeze, clear sky.
Monday, 24th of January 2022
4°C (40 °F)
2°C (35 °F)
Light rain, gentle breeze, overcast clouds.
Hotels and Places to Stay
Videos from this area
These are videos related to the place based on their proximity to this place.
Setengah Dekad Di Bumi Anbia - JUST Class of 2011
Video kompilasi gambar-gambar kenangan batch MEP 5 (medicine) dan MEP 6 (dentistry) di Jordan University of Science & Technology.
Snow In Amman-Jordan
this video was taken by me Ali Al Nabulsi.. on the 30th of January 2008.. Abu Nuseer.
Snowboaridng In Amman
Now so much snow less than 10cm, but it is enough for couple of times, Amman that city which you can do anything in :)
First HDR Time-Lapse Test
my first HDR Time-Lapse test using Canon 600D DSLR , and Magic Lantern Firmware insatalled on it Sweileh 8-2014.
WHAT WE DO - Malaysia-Jordan StudentS
This is a video telling a story of the life of Malaysian students in Jordan. This was made to create awareness of what we do here. Although this video is a little bit simple, but it does the...
Videos provided by Youtube are under the copyright of their owners.
Attractions and noteworthy things
Distances are based on the centre of the city/town and sightseeing location. This list contains brief abstracts about monuments, holiday activities, national parcs, museums, organisations and more from the area as well as interesting facts about the region itself. Where available, you'll find the corresponding homepage. Otherwise the related wikipedia article.
The Baqa'a refugee camp, first created in 1968, lies 20 km north of the Jordanian capital Amman, and is home to around 80,100 Palestinians who are registered as such with the United Nations, making it the largest camp in Jordan. Baqa'a was one of six camps set up in Jordan in 1968 to house the Palestinians who left the West Bank and Gaza Strip during the 1967 Arab Israeli war. Between June 1967 and February 1968, residents were housed in temporary camps in the Jordan valley.
These are some bigger and more relevant cities in the wider vivinity of Umm Sindiyānah.
This place is known by different names. Here the ones we know:
Umm Sindiyānah, أم سنديانة