in Kosice, Slovakia
- Košice Airport (19 mi)
- Miskolc Airport (50 mi)
- Nowy Targ Airport (58 mi)
- Uzhhorod International Airport (62 mi)
- Lučenec Airport (65 mi)
- Debrecen International Airport (99 mi)
- John Paul II International Airport Kraków-Balice Airport (99 mi)
- Rzeszów-Jasionka Airport (99 mi)
- Budapest Listz Ferenc Internationall Airport (125 mi)
- Levoča, Spišský Hrad and the Associated Cultural Monuments (Unesco heritage, 13 mi)
- Caves of Aggtelek Karst and Slovak Karst (Unesco heritage, 33 mi)
- Bardejov Town Conservation Reserve (Unesco heritage, 34 mi)
- Wooden Tserkvas of the Carpathian Region in Poland and Ukraine (Unesco heritage, 47 mi)
- Tokaj Wine Region Historic Cultural Landscape (Unesco heritage, 52 mi)
- Wooden Churches of Southern Małopolska (Unesco heritage, 63 mi)
- Wooden Churches of the Slovak part of the Carpathian Mountain Area (Unesco heritage, 71 mi)
- Wieliczka and Bochnia Royal Salt Mines (Unesco heritage, 87 mi)
- Hortobágy National Park - the Puszta (Unesco heritage, 88 mi)
- Historic Centre of Kraków (Unesco heritage, 94 mi)
- Decimal Coordinates (Latitude, Longitude):
- 48.856 and 20.937 (Lat./Lng.)
- Coordinates by Time:
- N 48° 51' 21" and E 20° 56' 13"
- Currency and Currency Code:
- Euro - EUR
- Spoken languages:
- Slovak, Hungarian
- Local electricity:
- 230 V - 50 Hz (plugs: G)
- Mobile phone / cellular frequencies (MHz):
- 900 MHz, 1800 MHz, 3G, 4G
- Local Time: 07:03 AM (Tuesday)
- Timezone: Europe/Bratislava
- UTC/GMT offset: 1 hours
- Sunrise and Sunset:
- 4:32 am and 8:43 pm
- Antipode Coordinates:
- -44.033 and -176.367 (Lat./Lng.)
- Closest place to antipode coordinates:
- This place on Wikipedia
- This place on Geonames.org
Safety Score: 3,8 of 5.0 based on data from 9 authorites. Meaning please reconsider your need to travel to Slovakia.
Travel warnings are updated daily. Source: Travel Warning Slovakia. Last Update: 2021-06-16 08:28:49
Gelnica in Kosice with it's 6,404 inhabitants is located in Slovakia about 182 mi (or 293 km) east of Bratislava, the country's capital.
Local time in Gelnica is now 07:03 AM (Tuesday). The local timezone is named Europe / Bratislava with an UTC offset of 2 hours. We know of 9 airports in the wider vicinity of Gelnica, of which two are larger airports. The closest airport in Slovakia is Košice Airport in a distance of 19 mi (or 31 km), South-East. Besides the airports, there are other travel options available (check left side).
There are several Unesco world heritage sites nearby. The closest heritage site in Slovakia is Levoča, Spišský Hrad and the Associated Cultural Monuments in a distance of 13 mi (or 20 km), North-West. If you need a place to sleep, we compiled a list of available hotels close to the map centre further down the page.
Depending on your travel schedule, you might want to pay a visit to some of the following locations: Sabinov, Presov, Kosice, Levoca and Spisska Nova Ves. To further explore this place, just scroll down and browse the available info.
Local weather forecast
Todays Local Weather Conditions & Forecast: 27°C / 81 °F
|Morning Temperature||19°C / 66 °F|
|Evening Temperature||24°C / 75 °F|
|Night Temperature||20°C / 68 °F|
|Chance of rainfall||7%|
|Air Pressure||1011 hPa|
|Wind Speed||Light breeze with 5 km/h (3 mph) from North-West|
|Cloud Conditions||Overcast clouds, covering 87% of sky|
|General Conditions||Light rain|
Wednesday, 23rd of June 2021
27°C (80 °F)
19°C (67 °F)
Light rain, light breeze, clear sky.
Thursday, 24th of June 2021
30°C (85 °F)
22°C (72 °F)
Sky is clear, light breeze, clear sky.
Friday, 25th of June 2021
28°C (82 °F)
17°C (63 °F)
Moderate rain, gentle breeze, clear sky.
Hotels and Places to Stay
Videos from this area
These are videos related to the place based on their proximity to this place.
seven2smoke - Electro Meeting 5 | Krompachy
"Slovak Electro Dance Community" Date/Place: 26.august 2012, Krompachy Dancers: Marek, Luky, Dávid, Zuzka, Kami, Adam, Sofi, Belo Follow us: www.facebook.com/electrodance.sk.
Štvorylka v Krompachoch
Krompachy tancujú štvorylku European Quadrille Dance Festival 2009 pokus o zápis do Guinessovej knihy rekordov.
Povodeň 2010 - zosuv pôdy pri Richnave
Zosuv pôdy pri Richnave, hlavná cesta do Košíc ostala prejazdná len pre jeden jazdný pruh.
Zvonenie Všetkých svätých Gelnica / 2012 / Göllnitz, Das Allerheiligen-Glockengeläute
Zvonenie pred sv. omšou na sviatok všetkých svätých Farský kostol Nanebovztej Panny Márie v Gelnici Das Glockengeläute vor heiliger Messe zum Fest der Allerheiligen Die Pfarrkirche...
Dieselová motorová jednotka DMU 913 Bageta (ZSSK 913) @ Os 7776 - Gelnica
Dieselová motorová jednotka 913 Bageta (ZSSK 913) @ Os 7776 - Gelnica Diesel motor unit no. 913 "Baguette" (ZSSK 913) @ Os 7776 - Gelnica Vlaky Slovensko / Trains in Slovakia.
Gelnica - SNV Timelapse
Great Timelapse video 1080p Pozrite si tento nádherný timelapse na Východe Slovenska: 0:15 Gelnica 0:23 Prakovce 0:34 Helcmanovce 0:46 Mníšek nad Hnilcom 1:06 Švedlár 1:29 Nálepkovo...
Videos provided by Youtube are under the copyright of their owners.
Attractions and noteworthy things
Distances are based on the centre of the city/town and sightseeing location. This list contains brief abstracts about monuments, holiday activities, national parcs, museums, organisations and more from the area as well as interesting facts about the region itself. Where available, you'll find the corresponding homepage. Otherwise the related wikipedia article.
Gelnica District (Slovak: okres Gelnica is a district in the Košice Region of eastern Slovakia. It was established in 1923. During 1960–1996 was the district a part of Spišská Nová Ves District. In 1996 was Gelnica District established in its present borders. It is the district with the highest percentage of forest area, 74,6% in Slovakia. The center is its biggest town Gelnica.
Prakovce is a village and municipality in the Gelnica District in the Košice Region of eastern Slovakia. Total municipality population was in 2011 3397 inhabitants
Žakarovce is a village and municipality in the Gelnica District in the Košice Region of eastern Slovakia. In 2011 the village had 723 inhabitants.
These are some bigger and more relevant cities in the wider vivinity of Gelnica.
Krompachy: Plejsy panoráma, Krompachy (source)
Webcams provided by webcam.travel are under the copyright of their owners.
This place is known by different names. Here the ones we know:
Gollnitz, Gelnica, غيلنيتسا, گلینتسا, Gelnjica, Gölnicbánya, Гелница, Гелњица, Ґелниця, 蓋爾尼察