Umm al Jimāl
in Mafraq Governorate, Jordan
- King Hussein Air College (7 mi)
- Amman-Marka International Airport (33 mi)
- Queen Alia International Airport (47 mi)
- Ben Ya'akov Airport (65 mi)
- Damascus International Airport (75 mi)
- Kiryat Shmona Airport (76 mi)
- Guriat Domestic Airport (83 mi)
- Ben Gurion International Airport (89 mi)
- Bar Yehuda Airfield (90 mi)
- Beirut Rafic Hariri International Airport (115 mi)
- Ovda International Airport (185 mi)
- Ancient City of Bosra (Unesco heritage, 15 mi)
- Quseir Amra (Unesco heritage, 39 mi)
- Um er-Rasas (Kastrom Mefa'a) (Unesco heritage, 63 mi)
- Biblical Tels - Megiddo, Hazor, Beer Sheba (Unesco heritage, 72 mi)
- Birthplace of Jesus: Church of the Nativity and the Pilgrimage Route, Bethlehem (Unesco heritage, 81 mi)
- Ancient City of Damascus (Unesco heritage, 82 mi)
- Palestine: Land of Olives and Vines – Cultural Landscape of Southern Jerusalem, Battir (Unesco heritage, 84 mi)
- Old City of Acre (Unesco heritage, 85 mi)
- Sites of Human Evolution at Mount Carmel: The Nahal Me’arot / Wadi el-Mughara Caves (Unesco heritage, 85 mi)
- Masada (Unesco heritage, 92 mi)
- Decimal Coordinates (Latitude, Longitude):
- 32.329 and 36.368 (Lat./Lng.)
- Coordinates by Time:
- N 32° 19' 43" and E 36° 22' 4"
- Currency and Currency Code:
- Dinar - JOD
- Spoken languages:
- Arabic, English
- Local electricity:
- 230 V - 50 Hz (plugs: G)
- Mobile phone / cellular frequencies (MHz):
- 900 MHz, 1800 MHz, 3G, 4G
- Local Time: 01:05 PM (Saturday)
- Timezone: Asia/Amman
- UTC/GMT offset: 2 hours
- Sunrise and Sunset:
- 5:55 am and 5:36 pm
- Antipode Coordinates:
- -27.600 and -144.317 (Lat./Lng.)
- Closest place to antipode coordinates:
- This place on Geonames.org
Safety Score: 3,7 of 5.0 based on data from 9 authorites. Meaning please reconsider your need to travel to Jordan.
Travel warnings are updated daily. Source: Travel Warning Jordan. Last Update: 2021-03-06 08:33:05
Explore Umm al Jimāl
Umm al Jimāl in Mafraq Governorate is a city in Jordan about 36 mi (or 58 km) north-east of Amman, the country's capital.
Local time in Umm al Jimāl is now 01:05 PM (Saturday). The local timezone is named Asia / Amman with an UTC offset of 2 hours. We know of 11 airports in the vicinity of Umm al Jimāl, of which 5 are larger airports. The closest airport in Jordan is King Hussein Air College in a distance of 7 mi (or 11 km), West. Besides the airports, there are other travel options available (check left side).
There are several Unesco world heritage sites nearby. The closest heritage site is Ancient City of Bosra in Syria at a distance of 15 mi (or 24 km). The closest in Jordan is Quseir Amra in a distance of 39 mi (or 24 km), North-East.
Depending on your travel schedule, you might want to pay a visit to some of the following locations: Muthallath Sabha, Sabha, Muthallath Jami`at Al al Bayt, Al Mafraq and Al Khalidiyah. To further explore this place, just scroll down and browse the available info.
Local weather forecast
Todays Local Weather Conditions & Forecast: 15°C / 59 °F
|Morning Temperature||6°C / 42 °F|
|Evening Temperature||17°C / 62 °F|
|Night Temperature||11°C / 52 °F|
|Chance of rainfall||0%|
|Air Pressure||1024 hPa|
|Wind Speed||Gentle Breeze with 6 km/h (4 mph) from North|
|Cloud Conditions||Clear sky, covering 0% of sky|
|General Conditions||Sky is clear|
Sunday, 7th of March 2021
17°C (63 °F)
9°C (49 °F)
Sky is clear, gentle breeze, clear sky.
Monday, 8th of March 2021
15°C (58 °F)
9°C (48 °F)
Few clouds, gentle breeze.
Tuesday, 9th of March 2021
16°C (60 °F)
14°C (57 °F)
Few clouds, calm.
Videos from this area
These are videos related to the place based on their proximity to this place.
TVKmkj | Persembahan Silat (AKSI)@FESMAK 2.0
Akademi Seni Bela Diri PRISMA ataupun singkatanya AKSI merupakan satu Kelab yang telah ditubuh dibawahkan Persatuan Mahasiswa Malaysia Universiti Al Al-Bayt Mafraq (PRISMA) bagi menjaga ...
Videos provided by Youtube are under the copyright of their owners.
Attractions and noteworthy things
Distances are based on the centre of the city/town and sightseeing location. This list contains brief abstracts about monuments, holiday activities, national parcs, museums, organisations and more from the area as well as interesting facts about the region itself. Where available, you'll find the corresponding homepage. Otherwise the related wikipedia article.
Umm el-Jimal, also known as Umm al-Jimal or Umm idj-Djimal, is a village in Northern Jordan approximately 17 kilometers east of Mafraq. It is primarily notable for the substantial ruins of a Byzantine and early Islamic town which are clearly visible above the ground, as well as an older Roman village (locally referred to as al-Herri) located to the southwest of the Byzantine ruins.
These are some bigger and more relevant cities in the wider vivinity of Umm al Jimāl.
- Muthallath Sabha
- Muthallath Jami`at Al al Bayt
- Al Mafraq
- Al Khalidiyah
- Al Khalidiyah
- Sama as Sirhan
- Busra ash Sham
- Az Zulayl
- Al Jizah
- Umm al Qittayn
- Al Ghariyah
- Manshiyat Bani Hasan
- Al Musayfirah
- Al Qurayya
- Al Hashimiyah
- Al Harak
- Ar Ramtha
- As Suwayda'
- Khirbat Ghazalah
- Ar Rusayfah
- Al Mazra`ah
This place is known by different names. Here the ones we know:
Umm al Jimāl, Khirbat Um el Jimāl, Umm el Djimal, Umm el Jimâl, Khirbat Umm al Jimāl, أم الجمال