in Zarqa Governorate, Jordan
- Amman-Marka International Airport (13 mi)
- King Hussein Air College (18 mi)
- Queen Alia International Airport (29 mi)
- Ben Ya'akov Airport (67 mi)
- Bar Yehuda Airfield (70 mi)
- Ben Gurion International Airport (73 mi)
- Haifa International Airport (78 mi)
- Kiryat Shmona Airport (81 mi)
- Damascus International Airport (92 mi)
- Ancient City of Bosra (Unesco heritage, 34 mi)
- Quseir Amra (Unesco heritage, 35 mi)
- Um er-Rasas (Kastrom Mefa'a) (Unesco heritage, 45 mi)
- Birthplace of Jesus: Church of the Nativity and the Pilgrimage Route, Bethlehem (Unesco heritage, 61 mi)
- Biblical Tels - Megiddo, Hazor, Beer Sheba (Unesco heritage, 64 mi)
- Palestine: Land of Olives and Vines – Cultural Landscape of Southern Jerusalem, Battir (Unesco heritage, 65 mi)
- Masada (Unesco heritage, 72 mi)
- Sites of Human Evolution at Mount Carmel: The Nahal Me’arot / Wadi el-Mughara Caves (Unesco heritage, 77 mi)
- Caves of Maresha and Bet-Guvrin in the Judean Lowlands as a Microcosm of the Land of the Caves (Unesco heritage, 81 mi)
- Old City of Acre (Unesco heritage, 82 mi)
- Decimal Coordinates (Latitude, Longitude):
- 32.129 and 36.121 (Lat./Lng.)
- Coordinates by Time:
- N 32° 7' 44" and E 36° 7' 16"
- Currency and Currency Code:
- Dinar - JOD
- Spoken languages:
- Arabic, English
- Local electricity:
- 230 V - 50 Hz (plugs: G)
- Mobile phone / cellular frequencies (MHz):
- 900 MHz, 1800 MHz, 3G, 4G
- Local Time: 01:12 AM (Wednesday)
- Timezone: Asia/Amman
- UTC/GMT offset: 2 hours
- Sunrise and Sunset:
- 6:22 am and 6:55 pm
- Antipode Coordinates:
- -27.600 and -144.317 (Lat./Lng.)
- Closest place to antipode coordinates:
- This place on Geonames.org
Safety Score: 3,3 of 5.0 based on data from 9 authorites. Meaning please reconsider your need to travel to Jordan.
Travel warnings are updated daily. Source: Travel Warning Jordan. Last Update: 2020-03-31 07:22:27
Delve into Al Hāshimīyah
Al Hāshimīyah in Zarqa Governorate is located in Jordan about 16 mi (or 25 km) north-east of Amman, the country's capital town.
Current time in Al Hāshimīyah is now 01:12 AM (Wednesday). The local timezone is named Asia / Amman with an UTC offset of 3 hours. We know of 9 airports close to Al Hāshimīyah, of which 3 are larger airports. The closest airport in Jordan is Amman-Marka International Airport in a distance of 13 mi (or 21 km), South-West. Besides the airports, there are other travel options available (check left side).
There are several Unesco world heritage sites nearby. The closest heritage site is Ancient City of Bosra in Syria at a distance of 34 mi (or 55 km). The closest in Jordan is Quseir Amra in a distance of 35 mi (or 55 km), North-East.
While being here, you might want to pay a visit to some of the following locations: Zarqa, Bal`ama, Ar Rusayfah, Az Zulayl and Birayn. To further explore this place, just scroll down and browse the available info.
Local weather forecast
Todays Local Weather Conditions & Forecast: 23°C / 74 °F
|Morning Temperature||23°C / 74 °F|
|Evening Temperature||22°C / 72 °F|
|Night Temperature||15°C / 58 °F|
|Chance of rainfall||0%|
|Air Pressure||1010 hPa|
|Wind Speed||Fresh Breeze with 13 km/h (8 mph) from North|
|Cloud Conditions||Overcast clouds, covering 99% of sky|
|General Conditions||Overcast clouds|
Wednesday, 1st of April 2020
15°C (59 °F)
11°C (51 °F)
Light rain, fresh breeze, broken clouds.
Thursday, 2nd of April 2020
15°C (60 °F)
11°C (53 °F)
Overcast clouds, gentle breeze.
Friday, 3rd of April 2020
19°C (66 °F)
14°C (57 °F)
Sky is clear, light breeze, clear sky.
Videos from this area
These are videos related to the place based on their proximity to this place.
Al Maha Real Estate Development Company
Madaen Al Shorouq & two other investors have joint their capabilities to develop: a commercial area of 90000 sqm, containing retail shops and offices with total built-up area of 475000...
And We Shall Find Tales In The Shadows - a unique glimpse into lives of young Syrian refugee
PhotoVoice were delighted to recently partner with World Vision UK, on a project working with a group of young Syrian refugee and host community young people in Jordan. Our project managers...
ضبط ورشة لتصنيع وتجهيز الاسلحة بمركز الزرقا
مباحث مركز الزرقا يقيادة السيد العقيد / ضياء عرفة مفتش مباحث المركز والسيد الرائد / مصباح القصبى رئيس وحدة...
جنازة الشهيد وائل الذي استشهد في سجون الاحتلال إثر التعذيب
الزرقاء - الأردن - جنازة الشهيد وائل سليم محمود مصطفى من قرية عينبوس الذي استشهد في سجون الاحتلال إثر التعذيب...
مخيم الزرقاء 22/7/2013 فيديو (1)
مخيم الزرقاء يشتعل بسبب جرف الشرطة للبسطات التي بالمخيم بطريقة هوجاء.
عيد الاضحى يوسف البنغالي 2012 الاردن الزرقاء
عيد الاضحى يوسف البنغالي 2012 الاردن الزرقاء (حــــــــــي بكستان)
Videos provided by Youtube are under the copyright of their owners.
Attractions and noteworthy things
Distances are based on the centre of the city/town and sightseeing location. This list contains brief abstracts about monuments, holiday activities, national parcs, museums, organisations and more from the area as well as interesting facts about the region itself. Where available, you'll find the corresponding homepage. Otherwise the related wikipedia article.
Dawson's Field hijackings
In the Dawson's Field hijackings (September 6, 1970), four jet aircraft bound for New York City and one for London were hijacked by members of the Popular Front for the Liberation of Palestine. By the end of the incident, one hijacker had been killed and one injury reported. TWA Flight 741 from Frankfurt am Main and Swissair Flight 100 from Zürich-Kloten Airport landed at Dawson's Field, a remote desert airstrip near Zarka, Jordan, formerly used as a British Royal Air Force base.
Jordan Petroleum Refinery Company
Jordan Petroleum Refinery Company runs the only oil refinery plant in Jordan. It was established in 1956, and construction of the oil refinery plant started in 1957. Currently, the company covers all the domestic needs of oil products, and commonly exports its products to other countries.
These are some bigger and more relevant cities in the wider vivinity of Al Hāshimīyah.
This place is known by different names. Here the ones we know:
El Hāshimiya, Al Hāshimīyah, الهاشمية