in As-Suwayda Governorate, Syria
- King Hussein Air College (30 mi)
- Damascus International Airport (49 mi)
- Amman-Marka International Airport (61 mi)
- Ben Ya'akov Airport (61 mi)
- Kiryat Shmona Airport (66 mi)
- Queen Alia International Airport (76 mi)
- Haifa International Airport (89 mi)
- Beirut Rafic Hariri International Airport (99 mi)
- Guriat Domestic Airport (99 mi)
- Ancient City of Bosra (Unesco heritage, 14 mi)
- Ancient City of Damascus (Unesco heritage, 57 mi)
- Quseir Amra (Unesco heritage, 63 mi)
- Anjar (Unesco heritage, 79 mi)
- Biblical Tels - Megiddo, Hazor, Beer Sheba (Unesco heritage, 81 mi)
- Old City of Acre (Unesco heritage, 88 mi)
- Tyre (Unesco heritage, 89 mi)
- Um er-Rasas (Kastrom Mefa'a) (Unesco heritage, 92 mi)
- Baalbek (Unesco heritage, 92 mi)
- Bahá’i Holy Places in Haifa and the Western Galilee (Unesco heritage, 93 mi)
- Decimal Coordinates (Latitude, Longitude):
- 32.709 and 36.570 (Lat./Lng.)
- Coordinates by Time:
- N 32° 42' 32" and E 36° 34' 10"
- Currency and Currency Code:
- Pound - SYP
- Spoken languages:
- Arabic, Kurdish, Armenian, French, English
- Local electricity:
- 230 V - 50 Hz (plugs: G)
- Mobile phone / cellular frequencies (MHz):
- 900 MHz, 1800 MHz, 3G, 4G
- Local Time: 02:45 AM (Thursday)
- Timezone: Asia/Damascus
- UTC/GMT offset: 2 hours
- Sunrise and Sunset:
- 5:35 am and 7:24 pm
- Antipode Coordinates:
- -27.600 and -144.317 (Lat./Lng.)
- Closest place to antipode coordinates:
- This place on Wikipedia
- This place on Geonames.org
Safety Score: 5,0 of 5.0 based on data from 9 authorites. Meaning it is not safe to travel Syria.
Travel warnings are updated daily. Source: Travel Warning Syria. Last Update: 2021-05-12 08:23:00
Delve into As Suwaydā’
As Suwaydā’ in As-Suwayda Governorate with it's 59,052 habitants is a town located in Syria about 58 mi (or 93 km) south of Damascus, the country's capital town.
Time in As Suwaydā’ is now 02:45 AM (Thursday). The local timezone is named Asia / Damascus with an UTC offset of 3 hours. We know of 9 airports closer to As Suwaydā’, of which 3 are larger airports. The closest is airport we know is King Hussein Air College in Jordan in a distance of 30 mi (or 49 km). The closest airport in Syria is Damascus International Airport in a distance of 49 mi (or 49 km), South-West. Besides the airports, there are other travel options available (check left side).
There are several Unesco world heritage sites nearby. The closest heritage site in Syria is Ancient City of Bosra in a distance of 14 mi (or 23 km), South.
Since you are here already, you might want to pay a visit to some of the following locations: Al Mazra`ah, Shahba, Al Qurayya, `Ariqah and Al Mushannaf. To further explore this place, just scroll down and browse the available info.
Local weather forecast
Todays Local Weather Conditions & Forecast: 26°C / 79 °F
|Morning Temperature||16°C / 61 °F|
|Evening Temperature||24°C / 74 °F|
|Night Temperature||18°C / 65 °F|
|Chance of rainfall||0%|
|Air Pressure||1010 hPa|
|Wind Speed||Moderate breeze with 12 km/h (8 mph) from East|
|Cloud Conditions||Clear sky, covering 0% of sky|
|General Conditions||Sky is clear|
Thursday, 13th of May 2021
25°C (77 °F)
17°C (62 °F)
Scattered clouds, fresh breeze.
Friday, 14th of May 2021
26°C (78 °F)
18°C (64 °F)
Sky is clear, moderate breeze, clear sky.
Saturday, 15th of May 2021
26°C (79 °F)
17°C (63 °F)
Sky is clear, fresh breeze, clear sky.
Videos from this area
These are videos related to the place based on their proximity to this place.
لحظات مؤلمة من درعا بعدسة شاب حوراني
كل الحقوق محفوظة الى مونتـــــاج و تقـــــديم https://www.facebook.com/LensYoungHorany عدسة شاب حوراني : مجموعة من الشباب المي...
وتستمر مذ بحة الدبابات الاسدية من مخيم اليرموك وحتى فلوجة حوران 4 نوفمبر، 2013
وتستمر مذ بحة الدبابات الاسدية من مخيم اليرموك وحتى فلوجة حوران 4 نوفمبر، 2013.
Videos provided by Youtube are under the copyright of their owners.
Attractions and noteworthy things
Distances are based on the centre of the city/town and sightseeing location. This list contains brief abstracts about monuments, holiday activities, national parcs, museums, organisations and more from the area as well as interesting facts about the region itself. Where available, you'll find the corresponding homepage. Otherwise the related wikipedia article.
As-Suwayda', also spelled Sweida, is a mainly Druze city located in southwestern Syria, close to the border with Jordan. It is the capital of Muhafazat as-Suwayda', one of Syria's 14 governorates, bordering Jordan in the South and the governorates of Daraa in the West and Rif Dimashq in the North and East.
As-Suwayda is a Syrian district administratively belonging to As-Suwayda Governorate. At the 2004 Census it had a population of 180,907. Its administrative centre is the city of As-Suwayda.
These districts belong to As Suwaydā’.
- Hayy al Fursan
- Hayy al Hurriyah
- Hayy al Istiqlal
- Hayy al Jawlan
- Hayy al Jihad
- Hayy al Mashfa
- Hayy al Mazra`ah
- Hayy al Muqasim
- Hayy al Wahdah
- Hayy an Nahdah
- Hayy an Nahdah ash Sharqi
- Hayy ash Shuhada'
- Hayy ath Thawrah
- Hayy Janub al Muqasim
- Muqasim Tariq al Qanawat
- Muqasim Tariq al Qarya
- Qaryat Masad
These are districts that are close by, but belong to a different city than As Suwaydā’.
- Sha`ib al Ghul
- Al Hayy al Janubiyah
- Hayy al Ma`aniyah
- Hayy Nuwwarah
- Dahiyat al Amir `Abd Allah
- Hayy al Husban
- Hayy ash Shuwaykah
These are some bigger and more relevant cities in the wider vivinity of As Suwaydā’.
- Al Mazra`ah
- Al Qurayya
- Al Mushannaf
- Busra ash Sham
- Al Musayfirah
- Al Harak
- Al Jizah
- As Surah as Saghirah
- Al Ghariyah
- Khirbat Ghazalah
- Umm al Qittayn
- Sama as Sirhan
- Ash Shaykh Miskin
- Umm al Jimal
- Muthallath Sabha
- Muthallath Jami`at Al al Bayt
- Dayr al Kahf
- Al Mafraq
- As Sanamayn
This place is known by different names. Here the ones we know:
Dionysia, Suwaydah, Es Suweida, Al-Sweida, Es Suweidīya, Soueïda, As Suwaydah, Sweida, As Suwaydā’, السويداء, Эс-Сувейда