in Salkhad District of As-Suwayda Governorate, Syria
- King Hussein Air College (28 mi)
- Amman-Marka International Airport (55 mi)
- Damascus International Airport (65 mi)
- Queen Alia International Airport (68 mi)
- Ben Ya'akov Airport (74 mi)
- Kiryat Shmona Airport (82 mi)
- Guriat Domestic Airport (82 mi)
- Haifa International Airport (99 mi)
- Ben Gurion International Airport (112 mi)
- Beirut Rafic Hariri International Airport (116 mi)
- Ovda International Airport (205 mi)
- Ancient City of Bosra (Unesco heritage, 13 mi)
- Quseir Amra (Unesco heritage, 48 mi)
- Ancient City of Damascus (Unesco heritage, 74 mi)
- Um er-Rasas (Kastrom Mefa'a) (Unesco heritage, 83 mi)
- Biblical Tels - Megiddo, Hazor, Beer Sheba (Unesco heritage, 89 mi)
- Anjar (Unesco heritage, 96 mi)
- Old City of Acre (Unesco heritage, 99 mi)
- Tyre (Unesco heritage, 103 mi)
- Birthplace of Jesus: Church of the Nativity and the Pilgrimage Route, Bethlehem (Unesco heritage, 103 mi)
- Baalbek (Unesco heritage, 109 mi)
- Decimal Coordinates (Latitude, Longitude):
- 32.492 and 36.711 (Lat./Lng.)
- Coordinates by Time:
- N 32° 29' 31" and E 36° 42' 40"
- Currency and Currency Code:
- Pound - SYP
- Spoken languages:
- Arabic, Kurdish, Armenian, French, English
- Local electricity:
- 230 V - 50 Hz (plugs: G)
- Mobile phone / cellular frequencies (MHz):
- 900 MHz, 1800 MHz, 3G, 4G
- Local Time: 01:43 AM (Monday)
- Timezone: Asia/Damascus
- UTC/GMT offset: 2 hours
- Sunrise and Sunset:
- 6:06 am and 7:00 pm
- Antipode Coordinates:
- -27.600 and -144.317 (Lat./Lng.)
- Closest place to antipode coordinates:
- This place on Wikipedia
- This place on Geonames.org
Safety Score: 5,0 of 5.0 based on data from 9 authorites. Meaning it is not safe to travel Syria.
Travel warnings are updated daily. Source: Travel Warning Syria. Last Update: 2021-04-11 08:33:56
Delve into Şalkhad
Şalkhad in Salkhad District (As-Suwayda Governorate) is a city located in Syria about 74 mi (or 120 km) south of Damascus, the country's capital town.
Current time in Şalkhad is now 01:43 AM (Monday). The local timezone is named Asia / Damascus with an UTC offset of 3 hours. We know of 11 airports closer to Şalkhad, of which 5 are larger airports. The closest is airport we know is King Hussein Air College in Jordan in a distance of 28 mi (or 45 km). The closest airport in Syria is Damascus International Airport in a distance of 65 mi (or 45 km), West. Besides the airports, there are other travel options available (check left side).
There are several Unesco world heritage sites nearby. The closest heritage site in Syria is Ancient City of Bosra in a distance of 13 mi (or 22 km), West.
Since you are here already, you might want to pay a visit to some of the following locations: Al Ghariyah, Al Qurayya, Malah, Dhibin and Umm al Qittayn. To further explore this place, just scroll down and browse the available info.
Local weather forecast
Todays Local Weather Conditions & Forecast: 10°C / 50 °F
|Morning Temperature||3°C / 38 °F|
|Evening Temperature||9°C / 48 °F|
|Night Temperature||5°C / 41 °F|
|Chance of rainfall||1%|
|Air Pressure||1017 hPa|
|Wind Speed||Fresh Breeze with 15 km/h (10 mph) from East|
|Cloud Conditions||Broken clouds, covering 58% of sky|
|General Conditions||Light rain|
Monday, 12th of April 2021
11°C (52 °F)
5°C (42 °F)
Sky is clear, gentle breeze, clear sky.
Tuesday, 13th of April 2021
13°C (55 °F)
10°C (50 °F)
Sky is clear, light breeze, clear sky.
Wednesday, 14th of April 2021
18°C (64 °F)
15°C (58 °F)
Sky is clear, light breeze, clear sky.
Videos from this area
These are videos related to the place based on their proximity to this place.
وتستمر مذ بحة الدبابات الاسدية من مخيم اليرموك وحتى فلوجة حوران 4 نوفمبر، 2013
وتستمر مذ بحة الدبابات الاسدية من مخيم اليرموك وحتى فلوجة حوران 4 نوفمبر، 2013.
حفل تأبين الشهيد البطل الملازم شرف صالح حسن الحجلي _ 1
مراسم التشييع في مشفى السويداء ومرورا برحى والكفر وصلخد أهل النخوة والشهامة واستقبال اهالي قرية المشقوق...
Videos provided by Youtube are under the copyright of their owners.
Attractions and noteworthy things
Distances are based on the centre of the city/town and sightseeing location. This list contains brief abstracts about monuments, holiday activities, national parcs, museums, organisations and more from the area as well as interesting facts about the region itself. Where available, you'll find the corresponding homepage. Otherwise the related wikipedia article.
Salkhad is a Syrian city in the As Suwayda governorate, southern Syria. It is the capital of Salkhad District, one of the governorate's three districts. It has a population of 15,000 inhabitants. It is located at 1350 metres above sea level in the central Jabal el Druze highlands.
Salkhad is a Syrian district administratively belonging to As-Suwayda Governorate. At the 2004 Census it had a population of 60,375. Its administrative centre is the city of Salkhad.
These are some bigger and more relevant cities in the wider vivinity of Şalkhad.
- Al Ghariyah
- Al Qurayya
- Umm al Qittayn
- Busra ash Sham
- Dayr al Kahf
- Al Mushannaf
- As Suwayda'
- Muthallath Sabha
- Al Mazra`ah
- Umm al Jimal
- Al Musayfirah
- Al Jizah
- Sama as Sirhan
- Al Harak
- Muthallath Jami`at Al al Bayt
- Al Khalidiyah
- Al Khalidiyah
- Al Mafraq
- As Surah as Saghirah
- Khirbat Ghazalah
- Az Zulayl
This place is known by different names. Here the ones we know:
Salkas, Salkhade, Salka, Şalākhad, Salâkhed, Şalkhad, صلخد, Сальхад