in Ajloun, Jordan
- Amman-Marka International Airport (26 mi)
- King Hussein Air College (33 mi)
- Queen Alia International Airport (41 mi)
- Ben Ya'akov Airport (50 mi)
- Ben Gurion International Airport (51 mi)
- Haifa International Airport (54 mi)
- Sde Dov Airport (55 mi)
- Kiryat Shmona Airport (66 mi)
- Damascus International Airport (92 mi)
- Biblical Tels - Megiddo, Hazor, Beer Sheba (Unesco heritage, 38 mi)
- Birthplace of Jesus: Church of the Nativity and the Pilgrimage Route, Bethlehem (Unesco heritage, 48 mi)
- Ancient City of Bosra (Unesco heritage, 49 mi)
- Palestine: Land of Olives and Vines – Cultural Landscape of Southern Jerusalem, Battir (Unesco heritage, 50 mi)
- Sites of Human Evolution at Mount Carmel: The Nahal Me’arot / Wadi el-Mughara Caves (Unesco heritage, 51 mi)
- Um er-Rasas (Kastrom Mefa'a) (Unesco heritage, 54 mi)
- White City of Tel-Aviv -- the Modern Movement (Unesco heritage, 55 mi)
- Old City of Acre (Unesco heritage, 58 mi)
- Bahá’i Holy Places in Haifa and the Western Galilee (Unesco heritage, 58 mi)
- Quseir Amra (Unesco heritage, 61 mi)
- Miẕpé Gilboa‘ (observation point, (23 mi)
- Decimal Coordinates (Latitude, Longitude):
- 32.262 and 35.702 (Lat./Lng.)
- Coordinates by Time:
- N 32° 15' 42" and E 35° 42' 5"
- Currency and Currency Code:
- Dinar - JOD
- Spoken languages:
- Arabic, English
- Local electricity:
- 230 V - 50 Hz (plugs: G)
- Mobile phone / cellular frequencies (MHz):
- 900 MHz, 1800 MHz, 3G, 4G
- Local Time: 05:17 PM (Wednesday)
- Timezone: Asia/Amman
- UTC/GMT offset: 2 hours
- Sunrise and Sunset:
- 6:15 am and 5:26 pm
- Antipode Coordinates:
- -27.600 and -144.317 (Lat./Lng.)
- Closest place to antipode coordinates:
- This place on Geonames.org
Safety Score: 2,5 of 5.0 based on data from 9 authorites. Meaning we advice caution when travelling to Jordan.
Travel warnings are updated daily. Source: Travel Warning Jordan. Last Update: 2020-02-19 07:22:25
Ballās in Ajloun is a city in Jordan about 26 mi (or 41 km) north-west of Amman, the country's capital.
Local time in Ballās is now 05:17 PM (Wednesday). The local timezone is named Asia / Amman with an UTC offset of 2 hours. We know of 9 airports in the vicinity of Ballās, of which 3 are larger airports. The closest airport in Jordan is Amman-Marka International Airport in a distance of 26 mi (or 42 km), South-East. Besides the airports, there are other travel options available (check left side).
There are several Unesco world heritage sites nearby. The closest heritage site is Biblical Tels - Megiddo, Hazor, Beer Sheba in Israel at a distance of 38 mi (or 61 km). The closest in Jordan is Um er-Rasas (Kastrom Mefa'a) in a distance of 54 mi (or 61 km), North-West. We found 1 points of interest in the vicinity of this place.
Depending on your travel schedule, you might want to pay a visit to some of the following locations: Kufrinjah, 'Ajlun, Burma, Dayr `Alla and As Subayhi. To further explore this place, just scroll down and browse the available info.
Local weather forecast
Todays Local Weather Conditions & Forecast: 12°C / 53 °F
|Morning Temperature||8°C / 47 °F|
|Evening Temperature||10°C / 49 °F|
|Night Temperature||8°C / 46 °F|
|Chance of rainfall||8%|
|Air Pressure||1013 hPa|
|Wind Speed||Gentle Breeze with 7 km/h (4 mph) from East|
|Cloud Conditions||Overcast clouds, covering 100% of sky|
|General Conditions||Moderate rain|
Thursday, 20th of February 2020
11°C (51 °F)
7°C (44 °F)
Light rain, moderate breeze, broken clouds.
Friday, 21st of February 2020
13°C (55 °F)
9°C (48 °F)
Sky is clear, gentle breeze, clear sky.
Saturday, 22nd of February 2020
10°C (51 °F)
7°C (45 °F)
Light rain, moderate breeze, broken clouds.
Videos from this area
These are videos related to the place based on their proximity to this place.
#UNVyouth - دانا زيدان، طالبة جامعية | المخيم الصيفي للمتطوعين
Arab Youth Volunteering for a Better Future is a regional project, led by the United Nations Volunteers (UNV) programme, which seeks to support youth to effectively engage in the development...
Ajloun Castle 2014
The fortress was built by Izz al-Din Usama, a commander and nephew of Salah ad-Din al-Ayyubi (Saladin), in AD 1184-1185. The fortress is considered one of the very few built to protect the...
ירדן - תצפית על הרי הגלעד ועג'לון המקראית (Ajloun) כולל המבצר האיובי Qa'lat Al Rabad
Zahi Shaked A tour guide in Israel and his camera firstname.lastname@example.org 9726905522 tel סיור עם מורה הדרך ומדריך הטיולים צחי שקד 0546905522 My name is Zahi...
Harley Davidson Jordan Rally 2013 - First day to Ajloun
Harley Davidson Jordan Rally 2013 - First day from Dead Sea to Ajloun.
A castle in Jordan build first by the nephew of Saladin. Then destroyed by the Mongols. Later rebuild by Mamluks. It has been used until 19 Century but two earthquakes in 1837 and 1924...
طلاب مدرسة الرفيد الاساسية - الاستاذ علي موفق الدقامسة
طلاب مدرسة الرفيد الاساسية - الاستاذ علي موفق الدقامسة.
06 Jordan - Ajloun & the Jabok River
A trip to Ajloun Castle, stopping at the Jabok River where Jacob wrestled the angel.
Videos provided by Youtube are under the copyright of their owners.
Attractions and noteworthy things
Distances are based on the centre of the city/town and sightseeing location. This list contains brief abstracts about monuments, holiday activities, national parcs, museums, organisations and more from the area as well as interesting facts about the region itself. Where available, you'll find the corresponding homepage. Otherwise the related wikipedia article.
As-Safena (al-Sāfinah)is a small village of approximately 1,500 people in the western Ajloun region of north Jordan. It is located in a remote, mountainous area about 10 km from the city of Ajloun. Safena comes from the Arabic word for ship, because the mountain the village stands on looks like a ship. The main sources of income are generally from jobs with the military or agriculture. The village consists of the Zreigat and the Ananza families.
These are some bigger and more relevant cities in the wider vivinity of Ballās.
This place is known by different names. Here the ones we know: