in Okres Frýdek-Místek of Moravskoslezský kraj, Czechia
- Ostrava Leos Janáček Airport (10 mi)
- Zabreh Ostrava Airport (23 mi)
- Žilina Airport (31 mi)
- Bielsko-Bialo Kaniow Airfield (38 mi)
- Holešov Airport (40 mi)
- Gliwice Glider Airport (47 mi)
- Kunovice Airport (57 mi)
- John Paul II International Airport Kraków-Balice Airport (72 mi)
- Piešťany Airport (73 mi)
- M. R. Štefánik Airport (113 mi)
- Vienna International Airport (132 mi)
- Budapest Listz Ferenc Internationall Airport (158 mi)
- Auschwitz Birkenau German Nazi Concentration and Extermination Camp (1940-1945) (Unesco heritage, 47 mi)
- Gardens and Castle at Kroměříž (Unesco heritage, 48 mi)
- Holy Trinity Column in Olomouc (Unesco heritage, 48 mi)
- Wooden Churches of the Slovak part of the Carpathian Mountain Area (Unesco heritage, 59 mi)
- Vlkolínec (Unesco heritage, 60 mi)
- Kalwaria Zebrzydowska: the Mannerist Architectural and Park Landscape Complex and Pilgrimage Park (Unesco heritage, 62 mi)
- Historic Centre of Kraków (Unesco heritage, 79 mi)
- Tugendhat Villa in Brno (Unesco heritage, 82 mi)
- Historic Town of Banská Štiavnica and the Technical Monuments in its Vicinity (Unesco heritage, 85 mi)
- Lednice-Valtice Cultural Landscape (Unesco heritage, 91 mi)
- Decimal Coordinates (Latitude, Longitude):
- 49.635 and 18.315 (Lat./Lng.)
- Coordinates by Time:
- N 49° 38' 4" and E 18° 18' 54"
- Currency and Currency Code:
- Koruna - CZK
- Spoken languages:
- Czech, Slovak
- Local electricity:
- 230 V - 50 Hz (plugs: G)
- Mobile phone / cellular frequencies (MHz):
- 900 MHz, 1800 MHz, 3G, 4G
- Local Time: 06:20 PM (Friday)
- Timezone: Europe/Prague
- UTC/GMT offset: 1 hours
- Sunrise and Sunset:
- 4:45 am and 8:56 pm
- Antipode Coordinates:
- -44.033 and -176.367 (Lat./Lng.)
- Closest place to antipode coordinates:
- This place on Wikipedia
- This place on Geonames.org
Safety Score: 3,2 of 5.0 based on data from 9 authorites. Meaning please reconsider your need to travel to Czech Republic.
Travel warnings are updated daily. Source: Travel Warning Czechia. Last Update: 2020-07-03 07:24:56
Palkovice in Okres Frýdek-Místek (Moravskoslezský kraj) with it's 2,751 citizens is a town in Czechia about 176 mi (or 284 km) east of Prague, the country's capital city.
Current time in Palkovice is now 06:20 PM (Friday). The local timezone is named Europe / Prague with an UTC offset of 2 hours. We know of 12 airports near Palkovice, of which 4 are larger airports. The closest airport in Czechia is Ostrava Leos Janáček Airport in a distance of 10 mi (or 16 km), North-West. Besides the airports, there are other travel options available (check left side).
There are several Unesco world heritage sites nearby. The closest heritage site is Auschwitz Birkenau German Nazi Concentration and Extermination Camp (1940-1945) in Poland at a distance of 47 mi (or 76 km). The closest in Czechia is Gardens and Castle at Kroměříž in a distance of 48 mi (or 76 km), North-East. Looking for a place to stay? we compiled a list of available hotels close to the map centre further down the page.
When in this area, you might want to pay a visit to some of the following locations: Ostrava, Godow, Gorzyce, Cieszyn and Krzyzanowice. To further explore this place, just scroll down and browse the available info.
Local weather forecast
Todays Local Weather Conditions & Forecast: 19°C / 66 °F
|Morning Temperature||19°C / 66 °F|
|Evening Temperature||20°C / 68 °F|
|Night Temperature||16°C / 60 °F|
|Chance of rainfall||4%|
|Air Pressure||1015 hPa|
|Wind Speed||Light breeze with 5 km/h (3 mph) from East|
|Cloud Conditions||Broken clouds, covering 75% of sky|
|General Conditions||Moderate rain|
Saturday, 4th of July 2020
22°C (72 °F)
16°C (62 °F)
Sky is clear, calm, clear sky.
Sunday, 5th of July 2020
23°C (73 °F)
19°C (66 °F)
Light rain, gentle breeze, clear sky.
Monday, 6th of July 2020
24°C (75 °F)
16°C (61 °F)
Light rain, moderate breeze, clear sky.
Hotels and Places to Stay
Hacienda La Bodega
Hotel & Caffe Silesia
Hotel & Garden U Holubu
Videos from this area
These are videos related to the place based on their proximity to this place.
Gooo Beskydy: Frýdek-Místek - Olešná
Na jaře 2014 jsme vyzvali čtyři páry, aby nám natáčeli své beskydské výlety na akční GoPro kamery. Celkem se vydali na 22 výletů do různých koutů české a slovenské části...
Dětský folklorní soubor „Ostravička, Frýdek-Místek, ČR
17. Mezinárodní folklórní festival CIOFF Frýdek-Místek 2011. Galakoncert, 19.6.2011. 17th IFF CIOFF Frydek-Mistek 2011. The Final concert2001.06.19. 17. Międzynarodowy Festiwal Folkloru...
Frýdek-Místek Silvestr 2011/12
Krátká ukázka silvestrovského ohňostroje, který trval 20. min. doprovázený hudbou. Krásná podívaná, ale bohužel hudební doprovod nebyl slyšet!
Hc Frýdek-Místek vs Hc Krnov
Turnaj 3.tříd Hc Frýdek-Místek vs Hc Krnov 18:0 zaznam 3 třetiny 16.2.2013.
Minibike Race 9.6.2013 - Frýdek-Místek
Záznam třetího závodu minibike z Frýdku-Místku. Video obsahuje jak slabší třídu klasik (Blata 2.5) tak třídu Open (Blata B1, Blata Elite Hobby)
Juraj - trailer - HOME edition
Away from the big city Where a man can not be free Of all of the evils of this town And of himself, and those around Oh, and I guess that I just don't know Oh, and I guess that I...
Tamiya CC-01 Mitsubishi Pajero Watering
Enigine Team Novak 55t , Oil dumpers 90 mm, Metal ball bearings, battery 1600 MAh 4200 mAh 5000 mAh.
Skipalkovice, Lyžování za domem, Beskydy, Palkovice, Czech republic, ski
Lyžařské sředisko Palkovice, Lyžování za domem, Beskydy, Palkovice ski slope, skiing behind the house, Beskydy mountains, Czech republic, www.skipalovice.cz.
Videos provided by Youtube are under the copyright of their owners.
Attractions and noteworthy things
Distances are based on the centre of the city/town and sightseeing location. This list contains brief abstracts about monuments, holiday activities, national parcs, museums, organisations and more from the area as well as interesting facts about the region itself. Where available, you'll find the corresponding homepage. Otherwise the related wikipedia article.
Palkovice is a village in the Moravian-Silesian Region of the Czech Republic. It has around 2,750 inhabitants.
Metylovice is a village in Frýdek-Místek District, Moravian-Silesian Region, Czech Republic. It has a population of 1,568 (2006). It is located on the slopes of the Moravian-Silesian Beskids mountain range. There is an All Saints Church in the village.
Morávka is a river in Moravian-Silesian Region, Czech Republic. It flows through the historical region of Těšín Silesia. It originates on the slope of Sulov mountain in the Moravian-Silesian Beskids in the elevation of 880 m, near the border with Slovakia. It then flows in northwestward direction through the sparsely populated area. Some 10 km from the source a dam was built in 1961-1966. Lower course of the river is unique due to its natural character and as such it is protected.
Lhotka (Frýdek-Místek District)
Lhotka (Frýdek-Místek District) is a village and municipality in Frýdek-Místek District in the Moravian-Silesian Region of the Czech Republic.
These are some bigger and more relevant cities in the wider vivinity of Palkovice.
Frýdek-Místek: Náměstí, Frýdek-Místek (source)
Lysůvky: Aquapark Olešná, Lysůvky (source)
Frýdek-Místek, Frýdek-Místek (source)
Frýdek-Místek, Frýdek-Místek (source)
Morávka: Morávka Mountain Resort ***, Morávka (source)
Palkovice › South-West: Czech Republic: Sjezdovka, Palkovice (source)
Webcams provided by webcam.travel are under the copyright of their owners.
This place is known by different names. Here the ones we know: