in Okres Frýdek-Místek of Moravskoslezský kraj, Czechia
- Ostrava Leos Janáček Airport (11 mi)
- Zabreh Ostrava Airport (21 mi)
- Žilina Airport (33 mi)
- Bielsko-Bialo Kaniow Airfield (35 mi)
- Holešov Airport (43 mi)
- Gliwice Glider Airport (43 mi)
- Katowice International Airport (64 mi)
- John Paul II International Airport Kraków-Balice Airport (69 mi)
- Opole-Polska Nowa Wieś Airport (70 mi)
- M. R. Štefánik Airport (117 mi)
- Vienna International Airport (135 mi)
- Budapest Listz Ferenc Internationall Airport (161 mi)
- Auschwitz Birkenau German Nazi Concentration and Extermination Camp (1940-1945) (Unesco heritage, 44 mi)
- Holy Trinity Column in Olomouc (Unesco heritage, 50 mi)
- Gardens and Castle at Kroměříž (Unesco heritage, 51 mi)
- Wooden Churches of the Slovak part of the Carpathian Mountain Area (Unesco heritage, 59 mi)
- Kalwaria Zebrzydowska: the Mannerist Architectural and Park Landscape Complex and Pilgrimage Park (Unesco heritage, 60 mi)
- Vlkolínec (Unesco heritage, 61 mi)
- Historic Centre of Kraków (Unesco heritage, 76 mi)
- Wieliczka and Bochnia Royal Salt Mines (Unesco heritage, 79 mi)
- Historic Town of Banská Štiavnica and the Technical Monuments in its Vicinity (Unesco heritage, 88 mi)
- Lednice-Valtice Cultural Landscape (Unesco heritage, 95 mi)
- Decimal Coordinates (Latitude, Longitude):
- 49.683 and 18.350 (Lat./Lng.)
- Coordinates by Time:
- N 49° 40' 59" and E 18° 21' 0"
- Currency and Currency Code:
- Koruna - CZK
- Spoken languages:
- Czech, Slovak
- Local electricity:
- 230 V - 50 Hz (plugs: G)
- Mobile phone / cellular frequencies (MHz):
- 900 MHz, 1800 MHz, 3G, 4G
- Local Time: 08:36 PM (Friday)
- Timezone: Europe/Prague
- UTC/GMT offset: 1 hours
- Sunrise and Sunset:
- 7:31 am and 4:24 pm
- Antipode Coordinates:
- -44.033 and -176.367 (Lat./Lng.)
- Closest place to antipode coordinates:
- This place on Wikipedia
- This place on Geonames.org
Safety Score: 4,0 of 5.0 based on data from 9 authorites. Meaning please reconsider your need to travel to Czech Republic.
Travel warnings are updated daily. Source: Travel Warning Czechia. Last Update: 2022-01-21 08:03:40
Delve into Frýdek-Místek
Frýdek-Místek in Okres Frýdek-Místek (Moravskoslezský kraj) with it's 59,416 habitants is a city located in Czechia about 177 mi (or 285 km) east of Prague, the country's capital town.
Current time in Frýdek-Místek is now 08:36 PM (Friday). The local timezone is named Europe / Prague with an UTC offset of one hour. We know of 12 airports closer to Frýdek-Místek, of which 4 are larger airports. The closest airport in Czechia is Ostrava Leos Janáček Airport in a distance of 11 mi (or 17 km), West. Besides the airports, there are other travel options available (check left side).
There are several Unesco world heritage sites nearby. The closest heritage site is Auschwitz Birkenau German Nazi Concentration and Extermination Camp (1940-1945) in Poland at a distance of 44 mi (or 71 km). The closest in Czechia is Holy Trinity Column in Olomouc in a distance of 50 mi (or 71 km), North-East. In need of a room? We compiled a list of available hotels close to the map centre further down the page.
Since you are here already, you might want to pay a visit to some of the following locations: Ostrava, Godow, Gorzyce, Cieszyn and Krzyzanowice. To further explore this place, just scroll down and browse the available info.
Local weather forecast
Todays Local Weather Conditions & Forecast: -1°C / 30 °F
|Morning Temperature||-4°C / 25 °F|
|Evening Temperature||-2°C / 28 °F|
|Night Temperature||-3°C / 27 °F|
|Chance of rainfall||6%|
|Air Pressure||1021 hPa|
|Wind Speed||Moderate breeze with 10 km/h (6 mph) from South-East|
|Cloud Conditions||Broken clouds, covering 64% of sky|
Saturday, 22nd of January 2022
-2°C (29 °F)
-8°C (18 °F)
Snow, moderate breeze, broken clouds.
Sunday, 23rd of January 2022
-4°C (26 °F)
-4°C (25 °F)
Light snow, calm, overcast clouds.
Monday, 24th of January 2022
-4°C (24 °F)
-4°C (25 °F)
Broken clouds, light breeze.
Hotels and Places to Stay
Videos from this area
These are videos related to the place based on their proximity to this place.
Gooo Beskydy: Vratimov - Frýdek-Místek - Bílá
Na jaře 2014 jsme vyzvali čtyři páry, aby nám natáčeli své beskydské výlety na akční GoPro kamery. Celkem se vydali na 22 výletů do různých koutů české a slovenské části...
Dětský folklorní soubor „Ostravička, Frýdek-Místek, ČR
17. Mezinárodní folklórní festival CIOFF Frýdek-Místek 2011. Galakoncert, 19.6.2011. 17th IFF CIOFF Frydek-Mistek 2011. The Final concert2001.06.19. 17. Międzynarodowy Festiwal Folkloru...
HC Frýdek-Místek - HC ZUBR Přerov 15.11.2010
V mrazivém podvečeru se Zubři nedostali na provozní teplotu a utrpěli nejvyšší porážku této sezony.
Timelapse Frýdek-Místek 2013-12-30
První pokus o timelapse video. Složeno z 318 snímků (časový rozsah přibližně 40 minut).
Hc Frýdek-Místek vs Hc Krnov
Turnaj 3.tříd Hc Frýdek-Místek vs Hc Krnov 18:0 zaznam 3 třetiny 16.2.2013.
Videos provided by Youtube are under the copyright of their owners.
Attractions and noteworthy things
Distances are based on the centre of the city/town and sightseeing location. This list contains brief abstracts about monuments, holiday activities, national parcs, museums, organisations and more from the area as well as interesting facts about the region itself. Where available, you'll find the corresponding homepage. Otherwise the related wikipedia article.
Sviadnov is a village in the Moravian-Silesian Region of the Czech Republic. It has about 1,350 inhabitants.
Frýdek-Místek District is a district within the Moravian-Silesian Region of the Czech Republic. Its administrative center is the city of Frýdek-Místek. It was created by 1960 reform of administrative division. Until the reform, it was a part of Český Těšín District which ceased to exist with the reform. Creation of Frýdek-Místek District redraw ethnic lines in the region.
Sedliště (Frýdek-Místek District)
Sedliště is a village in Frýdek-Místek District, Moravian-Silesian Region, Czech Republic. It has a population of 1,316 (2006) and lies in the historical region of Těšín Silesia. There is a wooden All Saints Church in the village.
Staré Město (Frýdek-Místek District)
Staré Město is a village in Frýdek-Místek District, Moravian-Silesian Region, Czech Republic. It has a population of 1,264 (2006). Staré Město lies on the confluence of Ostravice and Morávka rivers. It lies in the historical region of Těšín Silesia.
Morávka is a river in Moravian-Silesian Region, Czech Republic. It flows through the historical region of Těšín Silesia. It originates on the slope of Sulov mountain in the Moravian-Silesian Beskids in the elevation of 880 m, near the border with Slovakia. It then flows in northwestward direction through the sparsely populated area. Some 10 km from the source a dam was built in 1961-1966. Lower course of the river is unique due to its natural character and as such it is protected.
Battle of Czajánek's barracks
The Battle of Czajánek's barracks (also spelled as the Battle of Čajánek's barracks) was a confrontation between the Czechoslovak and German armies, which took place on 14 March 1939 in the course of the German occupation of Czechoslovakia. Together with a clash which allegedly took place at Moravská Třebová, this was the only known Czechoslovak active resistance to the German army during the occupation of Bohemia and Moravia in March 1939.
These are some bigger and more relevant cities in the wider vivinity of Frýdek-Místek.
Frýdek-Místek: Náměstí, Frýdek-Místek (source)
Frýdek-Místek: Zámecké náměstí, Frýdek-Místek (source)
Morávka: Morávka Mountain Resort ***, Morávka (source)
Webcams provided by webcam.travel are under the copyright of their owners.
This place is known by different names. Here the ones we know:
Frýdek, Friedeck, Friedek, Frýdek-Místek, فريدك-ميستك, Fridek-Mistek, Горад Фрыдак-Містак, Фридек-Мистек, فریدک-میستک, フリーデク＝ミーステク, ფრიდეკ-მისტეკი, 프리데크미스테크, Frydek Mystekas, Frīdekmīsteka, Frydek-Mistek, Мистек, ฟรีเดก-มีสเตก, Фрідек-Містек, 弗里代克-米斯泰克