in Huesca of Aragon, Spain
- Aeròdrom dels Pirineus-Alt Urgell Airport (34 mi)
- Tarbes-Lourdes-Pyrénées Airport (71 mi)
- Tarbes Laloubère Airport (71 mi)
- Sabadell Airport (89 mi)
- Pau Pyrénées Airport (94 mi)
- Toulouse-Blagnac Airport (96 mi)
- Barcelona International Airport (98 mi)
- Carcassonne Airport (101 mi)
- Bordeaux-Mérignac (BA 106) Airport (188 mi)
- Catalan Romanesque Churches of the Vall de Boí (Unesco heritage, 13 mi)
- Madriu-Perafita-Claror Valley (Unesco heritage, 45 mi)
- Pyrénées - Mont Perdu (Unesco heritage, 46 mi)
- Poblet Monastery (Unesco heritage, 67 mi)
- Archaeological Ensemble of Tárraco (Unesco heritage, 87 mi)
- Canal du Midi (Unesco heritage, 96 mi)
- Works of Antoni Gaudí (Unesco heritage, 96 mi)
- Palau de la Música Catalana and Hospital de Sant Pau, Barcelona (Unesco heritage, 98 mi)
- Historic Fortified City of Carcassonne (Unesco heritage, 103 mi)
- Episcopal City of Albi (Unesco heritage, 132 mi)
- Decimal Coordinates (Latitude, Longitude):
- 42.316 and 0.746 (Lat./Lng.)
- Coordinates by Time:
- N 42° 18' 58" and E 0° 44' 46"
- Currency and Currency Code:
- Euro - EUR
- Spoken languages:
- Spanish, Catalan, Galician, Basque, Occitan
- Local electricity:
- 230 V - 50 Hz (plugs: G)
- Mobile phone / cellular frequencies (MHz):
- 900 MHz, 1800 MHz, 3G, 4G
- Local Time: 06:43 AM (Thursday)
- Timezone: Europe/Madrid
- UTC/GMT offset: 1 hours
- Sunrise and Sunset:
- 6:24 am and 9:24 pm
- Antipode Coordinates:
- -43.750 and -176.800 (Lat./Lng.)
- Closest place to antipode coordinates:
- This place on Wikipedia
- This place on Geonames.org
Safety Score: 3,5 of 5.0 based on data from 9 authorites. Meaning please reconsider your need to travel to Spain.
Travel warnings are updated daily. Source: Travel Warning Spain. Last Update: 2020-05-27 07:25:20
Delve into Sopeira
Sopeira in Huesca (Aragon) is located in Spain about 265 mi (or 427 km) north-east of Madrid, the country's capital town.
Current time in Sopeira is now 06:43 AM (Thursday). The local timezone is named Europe / Madrid with an UTC offset of 2 hours. We know of 9 airports close to Sopeira, of which 3 are larger airports. The closest airport in Spain is Aeròdrom dels Pirineus-Alt Urgell Airport in a distance of 34 mi (or 55 km), East. Besides the airports, there are other travel options available (check left side).
There are several Unesco world heritage sites nearby. The closest heritage site in Spain is Catalan Romanesque Churches of the Vall de Boí in a distance of 13 mi (or 21 km), North.
While being here, you might want to pay a visit to some of the following locations: Areny de Noguera / Aren, Bonansa, Senterada, Castigaleu and Tremp. To further explore this place, just scroll down and browse the available info.
Local weather forecast
Todays Local Weather Conditions & Forecast: 20°C / 69 °F
|Morning Temperature||14°C / 57 °F|
|Evening Temperature||17°C / 63 °F|
|Night Temperature||12°C / 53 °F|
|Chance of rainfall||2%|
|Air Pressure||1022 hPa|
|Wind Speed||Setting with 0 km/h (0 mph) from East|
|Cloud Conditions||Scattered clouds, covering 26% of sky|
|General Conditions||Light rain|
Friday, 29th of May 2020
23°C (73 °F)
12°C (53 °F)
Light rain, calm, clear sky.
Saturday, 30th of May 2020
21°C (70 °F)
13°C (55 °F)
Light rain, calm, few clouds.
Sunday, 31st of May 2020
23°C (74 °F)
14°C (57 °F)
Moderate rain, calm, few clouds.
Videos from this area
These are videos related to the place based on their proximity to this place.
N230 Spain Motorbike
Lakeside twisties in the Spanish Pyrenees on the N230.For more riding experiences in the Pyrenees and motorcycling breaks and holidays visit www.experiencethepyrenees.com.
ParaCanoe - ParaSky Games
http://www.ribagorzaromanica.com/parasky-games 1ª Prueba de los ParaSky Games 2012. En un entorno fantástico, iniciamos los campeonatos con el Piragüismo. Dos tipos de pruebas, 200 y 500...
Aruna & Hari Sharma in Downtown Bilbao by Metro Areeta Station Dec 20, 2012
Aruna & Hari Sharma are in Downtown, Bilbao from the Hall of Residence of Unamuno by Metro train near Areeta Station. The Christmas decoration of Bilbao is very beautiful and they did lot of...
Entrevista en el programa Chino-Chano, de Aragón Televisión.
Entrevista en el programa Chino-Chano, con motivo de la Ruta de los Dinosurios de Arén.
Campus patinatge El Pont de Suert 2010
Baile mimos, arlequines y marionetas Campus de patinatge, 2010. El Pont de Suert (Alta Ribagorça) Patinadoras y patinador: Carla Vigo Brallans, Paula López Brallans, Eva López Brallans,...
Què farem, què direm? Part 6 Escena final i agraiments
Musical INS Pont de Suert 2012 al Cinema Ribagorçana SINOPSI La Bet és una noia de Pont de Suert que als seus 14 anys està a punt d'endinsar-se en una aventura apassionant que li canviarà...
Videos provided by Youtube are under the copyright of their owners.
Attractions and noteworthy things
Distances are based on the centre of the city/town and sightseeing location. This list contains brief abstracts about monuments, holiday activities, national parcs, museums, organisations and more from the area as well as interesting facts about the region itself. Where available, you'll find the corresponding homepage. Otherwise the related wikipedia article.
Sopeira is a municipality located in the province of Huesca, Aragon, Spain. According to the 2004 census, the municipality has a population of 100 inhabitants. The restored Romanesque Abbey of Santa María de Alaón, a former Benedictine monastery of the 12th century, is located here.
Abbey of Santa María de Alaón
The Abbey of Santa María de Alaón (Spanish: Monasterio de Santa María de Alaón, Catalan: Monestir de Santa Maria d'Alaó) is a former Benedictine abbey, earlier a Cluniac priory, in Sopeira near Ribagorza, in the province of Huesca, Aragon, Spain, established in the late 11th or early 12th century and built in the 12th. The monastery architecture is Lombard Romanesque. Monastic life continued until the Ecclesiastical Confiscations of Mendizábal in 1836, when the monastery was abandoned.
These are some bigger and more relevant cities in the wider vivinity of Sopeira.