in Bezirk Vorderland of Canton of Appenzell Ausserrhoden, Switzerland
- St Gallen Altenrhein Airport (4 mi)
- Hohenems-Dornbirn Airport (7 mi)
- Friedrichshafen Airport (17 mi)
- Zürich Airport (47 mi)
- Memmingen Allgau Airport (50 mi)
- Donaueschingen-Villingen Airport (61 mi)
- Buochs Airport (63 mi)
- Samedan Airport (64 mi)
- Stuttgart Airport (89 mi)
- Bergamo / Orio Al Serio Airport (121 mi)
- Malpensa International Airport (130 mi)
- Linate Airport (138 mi)
- Abbey of St Gall (Unesco heritage, 9 mi)
- Monastic Island of Reichenau (Unesco heritage, 30 mi)
- Swiss Tectonic Arena Sardona (Unesco heritage, 38 mi)
- Prehistoric Pile dwellings around the Alps (Unesco heritage, 64 mi)
- Pilgrimage Church of Wies (Unesco heritage, 65 mi)
- Rhaetian Railway in the Albula / Bernina Landscapes (Unesco heritage, 66 mi)
- Benedictine Convent of St John at Müstair (Unesco heritage, 69 mi)
- Three Castles, Defensive Wall and Ramparts of the Market-Town of Bellinzona (Unesco heritage, 89 mi)
- Sacri Monti of Piedmont and Lombardy (Unesco heritage, 102 mi)
- Rock Drawings in Valcamonica (Unesco heritage, 107 mi)
- Greifvogelpark Buchs (zoo, (19 mi)
- Erlebniszoo Rheintal (zoo, (6 mi)
- Abenteuerland Walterzoo (zoo, (13 mi)
- Wildpark Peter und Paul (zoo, (8 mi)
- Decimal Coordinates (Latitude, Longitude):
- 47.427 and 9.562 (Lat./Lng.)
- Coordinates by Time:
- N 47° 25' 36" and E 9° 33' 42"
- Currency and Currency Code:
- Franc - CHF
- Spoken languages:
- German, French, Italian, Romansh
- Local electricity:
- 230 V - 50 Hz (plugs: G)
- Mobile phone / cellular frequencies (MHz):
- 900 MHz, 1800 MHz, 3G, 4G
- Local Time: 11:31 PM (Monday)
- Timezone: Europe/Zurich
- UTC/GMT offset: 1 hours
- Sunrise and Sunset:
- 5:39 am and 9:16 pm
- Antipode Coordinates:
- -44.033 and -176.367 (Lat./Lng.)
- Closest place to antipode coordinates:
- This place on Geonames.org
Safety Score: 4,0 of 5.0 based on data from 9 authorites. Meaning please reconsider your need to travel to Switzerland.
Travel warnings are updated daily. Source: Travel Warning Switzerland. Last Update: 2020-07-13 07:21:27
Schachen in Bezirk Vorderland (Canton of Appenzell Ausserrhoden) is a town in Switzerland about 105 mi (or 168 km) east of Bern, the country's capital city.
Current time in Schachen is now 11:31 PM (Monday). The local timezone is named Europe / Zurich with an UTC offset of 2 hours. We know of 12 airports near Schachen, of which 5 are larger airports. The closest airport in Switzerland is St Gallen Altenrhein Airport in a distance of 4 mi (or 6 km), North. Besides the airports, there are other travel options available (check left side).
There are several Unesco world heritage sites nearby. The closest heritage site in Switzerland is Abbey of St Gall in a distance of 9 mi (or 14 km), West. We discovered 4 points of interest in the vicinity of this place. Looking for a place to stay? we compiled a list of available hotels close to the map centre further down the page.
When in this area, you might want to pay a visit to some of the following locations: Gaissau, Hochst, Mader, Lustenau and Koblach. To further explore this place, just scroll down and browse the available info.
Local weather forecast
Todays Local Weather Conditions & Forecast: 22°C / 71 °F
|Morning Temperature||22°C / 71 °F|
|Evening Temperature||20°C / 68 °F|
|Night Temperature||14°C / 57 °F|
|Chance of rainfall||0%|
|Air Pressure||1020 hPa|
|Wind Speed||Calm with 2 km/h (2 mph) from South-East|
|Cloud Conditions||Broken clouds, covering 81% of sky|
|General Conditions||Broken clouds|
Tuesday, 14th of July 2020
22°C (72 °F)
15°C (58 °F)
Light rain, calm, scattered clouds.
Wednesday, 15th of July 2020
20°C (69 °F)
15°C (58 °F)
Moderate rain, gentle breeze, overcast clouds.
Thursday, 16th of July 2020
16°C (61 °F)
14°C (57 °F)
Moderate rain, setting, overcast clouds.
Hotels and Places to Stay
Heiden Swiss Quality
Linde Landhotel Gasthof
Hotel Schloss Wartegg
Best Western Rebstock
Sky Design Motel
Videos from this area
These are videos related to the place based on their proximity to this place.
Historischer Bergsprint Walzenhausen-Lachen 2013 (2)
Videos der Webseite: http://www.wo-geht-was-ab.net.
Bergsprint Walzenhausen 2013 (Automobile Klassen B/C/D/E)
Impressionen vom Bergsprint Walzenhausen - Lachen (31.8.2013) Automobile Klassen B/C/D/E.
Hilda Wirth - Besenbeiz zur Schiiterbiigi
Hilda Wirth ist die erste Besenbeizerin in Ausserrhoden. Ragt vor dem Haus ein Besen himmelwärts, ist die Wirtschaft 'Zur Schiiterbig' für Kunden offen. BB? Wer an den einst berühmten französi...
Viehschau in Heiden, Appenzell, Switzerland
Some impressions form Appenzell, Viehschau beim Restaurant Bären in Heiden, Switzerland http://www.baerenheiden.ch by Fuentes Cine.
DAMPFLOK ROSA 7.JULI 2013
http://appenzellerbahn.ch/contento/%C3%B6ffentliche_Dampffahrten_mit_der_Rosa//tabid/73//udt_1635_param_detail/689/default.aspx O-Ton:Classic Train 3363 und Erich Kurt. Eh2/2 RHB 3 Rosa ...
Flugvideo St. Anton/Oberegg
Modellflugvideo über dem Nebel am "Töni". Ort: St. Anton, Oberegg, Schweiz. Videoaufnahme: FlycamOneHD 720p, 133° Objektiv. Musik: "Cara Springer-Where Sky Meets Sea"
Modellflug Luftvideo auf St. Anton, Oberegg, Switzerland
Luftvideo mit dem Modellflieger von St. Anton, Oberegg, Switzerland. Flugzeug: RadianPro Camera: FlycamOne HD, Musik: Sparkling_Dreams by Sunhiilow.
Videos provided by Youtube are under the copyright of their owners.
Attractions and noteworthy things
Distances are based on the centre of the city/town and sightseeing location. This list contains brief abstracts about monuments, holiday activities, national parcs, museums, organisations and more from the area as well as interesting facts about the region itself. Where available, you'll find the corresponding homepage. Otherwise the related wikipedia article.
Rorschach-Heiden-Bahn is a railway line and former railway company in Switzerland. It is a standard gauge mountain rack railway, using the Riggenbach rack system and is part of Appenzeller Bahnen. The 7 km route links Rorschach with Heiden.
Henry Dunant Museum
The Henry Dunant Museum is a museum in the Swiss town of Heiden, to preserve the memory and legacy of Henry Dunant, the Founder of the Red Cross Movement, who died in Heiden in 1910, after receiving the first-ever Nobel Prize for Peace in 1901. The Museum is situated in the nursing home where he lived from 1892 until his death.
These are some bigger and more relevant cities in the wider vivinity of Schachen.
Oberegg District: Alpstein, Oberegg District (source)
Oberegg District: Rheintal-Alpstein, Oberegg District (source)
Oberegg District: Richtung Sud, Oberegg District (source)
Oberegg District: Heiden-Bodensee, Oberegg District (source)
Heiden: Rorschach − Lake Constance, Heiden (source)
Oberegg AI, St. Anton › South-East: Lake Constance − Zimba, Oberegg AI, St. Anton (source)
Webcams provided by webcam.travel are under the copyright of their owners.
This place is known by different names. Here the ones we know:
Schachen, Schachen b. Reute